Yikes. Help!

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
New DVC member here. I booked our first home visit at CCV at 11 months. Yay! Now it's a month later and I look at the 11 month out availability and find the same booking but 50 pts less than our current reservation. I can book it, but it says that since my new res is less pts than the original res, the excess pts will be placed in the use year in which they were purchased. I borrowed AND banked for this 2020 res. My use year is Dec (starting 2018). Where will those points go if I change the res? Will I be able to use them? I'm. So. Confused. Thanks, y'all.

Call member services and they will make sure the the borrowed and banked points are prioritized. You can then bank the "returned" current use year points (of course, you will have to use them next year).

New DVC member here. I booked our first home visit at CCV at 11 months. Yay! Now it's a month later and I look at the 11 month out availability and find the same booking but 50 pts less than our current reservation. I can book it, but it says that since my new res is less pts than the original res, the excess pts will be placed in the use year in which they were purchased. I borrowed AND banked for this 2020 res. My use year is Dec (starting 2018). Where will those points go if I change the res? Will I be able to use them? I'm. So. Confused. Thanks, y'all.
Modify your current reservation. It will use the banked &borrowed first and use your current UY last to finish off the reservation.

Whether you actually have a problem depends on the total number of banked or borrowed points you have in the reservation. You state the new reservation will require 50 fewer points. If there are at least 50 "current" use year points (meaning from the same use year as the time of the reservation, Dec 2019 points in your situation), you have no issue because the system will use banked or borrowed points first in the new reservation and take out current use year points, which will then be bankable into the Dec 2020 use year if desired. However, if there are fewer than 50 Dec 2019 use year points in the reservation, some that come out will be banked or borrowed points and you cannot put them back into the use year from which they came, and thus will need to be used for a trip that ends no later than Nov 30, 2020.

Last edited:

Whew, okay y'all, thanks! I was able to book the same studio and add one more day and it was still 32 pts less than the original reservation. I can wait another month, right? RIGHT?:oops: (We actually have a cash trip planned for this August, so I think I'll be okay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter