Yippee--Day 3 at Disneyland

DisneyDotty

Oops, no more!
Monday, December 19
Hmm...what did we do, what did we do? Why is it that the time in Disney goes by twice as fast as the time waiting for Disney?
Weren't real quick to get going again, but hey, we were on vacation! We did get in Disneyland about 9 ish, and headed for New Orleans square. Did Haunted Mansion--line was moving along fairly quickly--maybe a 10 minute wait tops. We were so impressed with the "Nightmare" decorations--what fun! We were a bit confused, though, as none of us has seen the movie. Will have to rent it.
Went on Pirates again--love it. My family all agree that we understand what the big deal is about Pirates, and why Walt must have been so proud of that ride! What an innovation it was at the time! And still is! But--one problem--no hairy-leg man sitting on the bridge. Where was he? And I really hope that Disney doesn't change the ride too much when they go to renovate--it is truly a testimony to Walt's vision and imagination.
Walking around Disneyland, I really got a feel for Walt's dream--more so than I've ever felt in WDW. Was it because Walt actually walked around in that park? Was it because Fantasyland was so cute, so geared for escapism, so filled with attractions that make us forget reality? Was I just caught up in the 50th anniversary celebration? Probably a combination of all those--but honestly, I bought into the Disney line this trip more so than ever before.
I actually cried at the Dreams come True fireworks. And especially at the snow on Main Street afterwards.
Anyway, back to my report...Ate at the Blue Bayou--lovely break from the crowds (and could New Orleans square get any more packed!?) Had the Monte Cristo--who can eat that whole thing? I'm glad I tried it, but probably wouldn't order it again. Loved the mint julep, though.
On to Splash Mountain--too short of a ride (WDW's is better). Kids didn't like having to sit one behind the other, either.
Hmm, what else did we hit? Oh yes--love Love LOVE the Matterhorn! Great fun--although DD was afraid of the "monster." Again, I was totally sucked up in the history of the ride, and loved thinking about all the past guests who have enjoyed it. I mean, to me, the Matterhorn IS Disneyland.
Also LOVED Indiana Jones--great effects and lots of fun. Great queue for that ride, too.
Jungle Cruise was hokey as ever--our guide made it fun by being so pathetic with her jokes. Another mainstay of Disney that I hope is never changed.
And finally--It's A Small World. I will say that the holiday songs made that ride bearable. I love Disney at Christmas!
I think we stayed for the Christmas parade but then headed back to our hotel after that. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts