Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A NEMO ROOM For Us! ~ March 2011 PTR *NEW 9/2 Post#3!!

Mommy2LittleVols

DIS Veteran

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A PIRATE ROOM For Us! ~ A March 2011 PTR

Welcome aboard, mates! Thank you for joining me in planning our latest Disney World excursion! This trip will take place from March 3 - March 11, 2011, and, as you might have guessed from the title, we will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a Pirate room!! pirate:

Allow me to introduce you to our crew:

First we have my husband, Darren, and I.

IMG_8982.jpg

I am the CVO, or Chief Vacation Officer (thanks, Heidi! :rotfl:), of the family. I am responsible for all of the planning and Darren just goes along for the ride. Occasionally he will chime in with suggestions or preferences, but for the most part he prefers to let me handle it all.

Next is our 3 year old son, Dakoda.

IMG_8808-1.jpg

And our 18-month old daughter, Sarah Kate.
IMG_9559-2.jpg

After our last trip (which you can read about via the link in my signature ;)), my husband informed me that he would prefer if we didn't stay at Value Resorts anymore. Of course, I was perfectly fine with that! :banana: We were originally planning a trip during the Christmas season of 2011 (Nov 26-Dec 3), but then I decided to return to school to pursue my teaching certification. Since I will either be student teaching or taking my last semester of classes during that time, we had to start looking at other possible dates. DH wanted to fore go Disney in 2011 since we were already looking at a spring 2012 trip to celebrate DD's 3rd birthday, but I couldn't bear the thought of missing out on the magic for almost two years. After much pleading, cajoling, and sweet-talking, I convinced my sweet husband to take this trip
. :goodvibes

Change #1

A little background.

When we first decided to take this trip, I emailed Darren with a list of approximate prices and room choices. I already knew that I wanted to stay in Pirate room, but I wanted his opinion, too. I explained to him the difference in location between Standard, Preferred, and Pirate, and even showed him some pictures of each room. He said that the Pirate rooms looked cool and he didn't mind a little bit of a walk.

Fast forward a few weeks.

Last week I emailed my travel agent to book the trip, but little did I know that she was actually at Disney World! She offered to work up a quote for me then, but I didn't want her to have to do that while she was enjoying the magic, so I told her to just let me know when she returned home.

Last night I got an email from her with prices! I had forgotten to tell her that we wanted a Pirate room, so she sent prices for Standard and Preferred. I quickly emailed her back to ask for a Pirate quote. During this time, I worked up the courage to try and talk to Darren about the trip. (He hates to talk Disney.) I wanted to make sure that he still wanted to stay in a Pirate room before we booked it. The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: "Honey, are you busy? Can I ask you a question?"
DH: (upbeat) "Sure, shoot!"
Me: "It's about the Disney trip."
DH: *big sigh* (annoyed voice) "Shoot."
Me: "Okay, remember how we decided to stay in a Pirate room, even though it was a little further from the main building and pool? Do you still want to do that, or would you rather be close to everything?"
DH: "How much further?"
Me: "Not that much further. But it would be a little more walking."
DH: "What's the price?"
Me: "It's a difference of about $50 dollars."
DH: "I would rather be closer to everything, wouldn't you?"
Me: :headache:

He always does this. Waits until the last minute to voice his opinion. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least he told me before we booked!

SO, we will now be staying in a Preferred room at Caribbean Beach Resort! (*And if you've read my past PTR's, you'll know that this is subject to change at any time. ;))

Love how you have already changed rooms just a few days into this! :lmao::lmao:

Are you going to go at the beginning of March? Each week in to March it gets crazier and crazier. :scared1:

Guess what... it is doing it again. I can't load your pages fully or my browser shuts down. I am at a loss. :surfweb: :sad2:

I think you made the right decision to go with location. We have stayed in the pirate rooms (before they were pirate rooms) before kids and it was such a haul to get to everything. I would rather be closer to everything with young children.

Hi Julia!! I just finished reading your TR and I'm joining in here! I've been MIA here on the DIS for several months but I'm back and counting down the days until our Nov/Dec trip! I hope all is well!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter