Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for We Halloween *2012* PTR has begun!

HI! I was kinda hoping to get at least a FINALLY! out of you since I finally reviewed the dining plan. No title vote from you either :mad:

Finally! ;) :)

Dining Plan review. Yeah it's alright. I'm going to cite it whenever I have a chance. It will be really interesting to see you compare and contrast after this next trip.

Not sure on the title. I don't like a some too unoriginal and cliche. Some are good. But nothing screems out on me. I'll let you know which are my top picks.

I have to defend Brant's childhood. 9 rides at DL is a typical visit, no shame there.

Plus going in 1985 is like planning a visit for 2013. Want all the construction out of the way, rides to be going smoothly, wait for the crazyness in the New Fantastsyland to wear off. Perhaps he is a patient planner?

My grandpa was still going up on his roof and such. He scared us half to death. I honestly think he didn't realize how old he was.

I think young is truely a state of mind. I now live where tough old cowboys still brand cattle at 90..which makes climbing up on a rooftop look like childs play...Little old ladies still tend vegetable gardens and herd the cowboys well past what most would think of as their prime. There are very few Grandparents in rockers up here. This new lifestyle of ours is one where the people stay active very late in life.

Finally! ;) :)

Dining Plan review. Yeah it's alright. I'm going to cite it whenever I have a chance. It will be really interesting to see you compare and contrast after this next trip.

Not sure on the title. I don't like a some too unoriginal and cliche. Some are good. But nothing screems out on me. I'll let you know which are my top picks.

It is actually something I am looking forward to. Our plan had always been to put our food on a DGC for the December trip...but circumstances changed that to the DDP. My prediction is that we will be shopping on Main St on our last night with the balance on the DGC, but you never know that one time with the DDP may have changed the way we eat in DL forever...we shall see.

I have to defend Brant's childhood. 9 rides at DL is a typical visit, no shame there.

Plus going in 1985 is like planning a visit for 2013. Want all the construction out of the way, rides to be going smoothly, wait for the crazyness in the New Fantastsyland to wear off. Perhaps he is a patient planner?

Oh it was not the number of rides, it was which rides he missed that got me the most. But in all fairness 1985 was before fastpass and his 1985 trip was during summer high season so I think as far as number they did OK.. The fact that his Mom even set foot in DL is really amazing to me. Besides the fear of boats...she also was very afraid of crowds, afraid of heights and claustrophobic all things that she overcame to take him there in the first place. He still remembers the begging & pleading it took to get her on the skyway...which I am so glad he pulled off as it is no longer there. But I also believe that a 12 year old boy's interests go way beyond Fantasyland and had they done more things geared towards a 12 year old boy on that trip or I had known what he had missed and worked a bit harder in 2002 our 8 year drought may never have happened.

What a fun glimpse of your family Sherri. I can't wait to hear about the conversation with your dad and see old pictures. I was in Disneyland the summer of 1985 too! Still have my 30th Anniversary sweatshirt hanging in the closet. The castle, Mickey with a paintbrush, and the words "Disneyland 30th Year." :goodvibes

What a fun glimpse of your family Sherri. I can't wait to hear about the conversation with your dad and see old pictures. I was in Disneyland the summer of 1985 too! Still have my 30th Anniversary sweatshirt hanging in the closet. The castle, Mickey with a paintbrush, and the words "Disneyland 30th Year." :goodvibes

I notice you left out what point in your life 1985 was...were you 12 like my hubby or 18 like me or something totally different? :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I was actually 12 like your hubby! Between 7th and 8th grade. :)

And if you want to get really specific I can tell you that we were there on July 11th. I distinctly remember my family calling my older sister to wish her a Happy 1st Anniversary. Of course this was pre-cell phone days, so we used a pay phone by the old Carnation ice cream place which was located where the Plaza Gardens (is that what it's called?) area is to the left of the castle. We always went for 3 days, so we were there for sure on July 11th as well as 2 other days around that time. :)

Does anybody remember the phone booths in Tomorrowland that were the huge phone booths you could fit the whole family in? Those were fun.

Does anybody remember the phone booths in Tomorrowland that were the huge phone booths you could fit the whole family in? Those were fun.

I have a vague memory of all of us calling my Grandparents from one but cannot picture it and found no pics in google images :(

So the PTR winner is Yo HO Yo Ho a Pirate's life for We and the actual TR will get some form of the Buccaneer Bailey's ones maybe with something that actually happens on the trip. I have been sick so I have not been around for a few days but I will get back to the PTR once I do some catching up on the boards. As Tigger would say TTFN...

I have a vague memory of all of us calling my Grandparents from one but cannot picture it and found no pics in google images :(

What I remember most is that the walls were carpeted, there were stools and sliding glass doors on them.

So the PTR winner is Yo HO Yo Ho a Pirate's life for We and the actual TR will get some form of the Buccaneer Bailey's ones maybe with something that actually happens on the trip. I have been sick so I have not been around for a few days but I will get back to the PTR once I do some catching up on the boards. As Tigger would say TTFN...

I hope you are feeling better. I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. I like your choice for a name.

Hope you are feeling better! I like the title you chose.
Kris

Good title. Get better soon.

YO! HO!

Permission to board captain?

Yay for the new title! :yay: Hope you are feeling better. I feel a sore throat coming on and I'm really tired. I don't really feel like cooking tonight. Cereal, anyone?

Hey Sherri. I hope you are feeling alright! Haven't seen you around for a couple of weeks! Hope all is well!

Ditto what Paula said! Maybe you're busy with your travel blog? Where can we find that, anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts