Yosemite BUG Hostel...reviews please?

madysmom

Mouseketeer
We booked a tent cabin for our family of four at the Yosemite BUG Mountain Resort hostel (in Midpines, CA). My husband is concerned as we have not experienced a hostel before. If anyone can share their experience there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Never been to that hostel, sorry.

If you want to use it as a base for touring California gold country, it's a good location. But be aware, if you want to use it as a base for Yosemite, well, Yosemite valley is a good hour away, down a twisty road. I wouldn't stay there if Yosemite were my aim.

Sorry, one of my pet peeves is all the hotels in the Mariposa and Midpines area advertising themselves as "gateway to Yosemite". Unsuspecting tourists don't realize that they have a hard drive ahead, every morning and every evening, if they're going to Yosemite.

-Bob

Never been to that hostel, sorry.

If you want to use it as a base for touring California gold country, it's a good location. But be aware, if you want to use it as a base for Yosemite, well, Yosemite valley is a good hour away, down a twisty road. I wouldn't stay there if Yosemite were my aim.

Sorry, one of my pet peeves is all the hotels in the Mariposa and Midpines area advertising themselves as "gateway to Yosemite". Unsuspecting tourists don't realize that they have a hard drive ahead, every morning and every evening, if they're going to Yosemite.

-Bob

Thank you Bob! I so appreciate your advice. We are definitely unsuspecting tourists as this CA trip is a brand new adventure for us. SO, I decided we would only stay at the hostel the first night and then the second night we will venture towards our next destination to avoid the same, long, winding road back just to sleep. Thanks again for your help. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter