yosemite.....how much time? any advice?

I'm sorry you won't be able to travel as planned, but add this to your file for the future: We are renting a condo from Enchanted Yosemite (Google it and the website comes up). In October - March, they are running a stay 2 nights, get 1 free special on their condos. "Located inside the gates of Yosemite National Park. Just 30 minutes south of the valley floor, one mile from Glacier Point road and just 6 miles from Badger Pass ski area and 30 minutes (15 miles) from Glacier Point." They are running a Groupon special right now that's actually even slightly better than the buy 2/ get 1 free special.

That's in Yosemite West. It's technically outside the park boundaries, but the only road to Yosemite West goes through the park. There are some residents in the area, and they are allowed to enter the park for free. I don't believe there's free entry into the park for daily renters.

Hiking-trails-of-Yosemite-West.jpg

There are "inholdings" like Foresta and Wawona (separate from the park's Wawona area).

That's in Yosemite West. It's technically outside the park boundaries, but the only road to Yosemite West goes through the park. There are some residents in the area, and they are allowed to enter the park for free. I don't believe there's free entry into the park for daily renters.

There are "inholdings" like Foresta and Wawona (separate from the park's Wawona area).

Good to know, although not really a factor since the Entrance fee is $25 for 7 days and we'll only be there 3 days anyway. We're definitely planning on visiting the park anyway, so not an added expense for us.

Good to know, although not really a factor since the Entrance fee is $25 for 7 days and we'll only be there 3 days anyway. We're definitely planning on visiting the park anyway, so not an added expense for us.

For some people, the entrance fees are a consideration about whether or not to visit. They get high visitation on free days.

I am excited to say, it looks like I may be finally doing this trip! Next summer. Looking through all this info to start planning. Thank you to everyone again, this was so helpful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!