Yosemite Memorial Day Weekend

Yosemite is doable over Memorial Day weekend...but it depends on where you're staying, what places you visit, and what you are trying to do. If you aren't staying IN the valley but you feel you must visit the valley, then get up EARLY and get to the valley early, and be prepared to stay there ALL day, and not plan to leave until evening, maybe even after 7:00 at night. If it were me, I'd avoid the valley as much as possible and visit places like Wawona, the Tuolumne Sequoia grove, and maybe Hetch Hetchy (though there's a lot of people staying/camping back along that road these days).

We arrived the Sunday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend last year, and the traffic was an absolute disaster - we got down to the valley past Bridalveil Fall, and then it took us almost 2 hours to get to Curry Village where we were staying. All the traffic affected the Valley shuttle buses, as well - they were stuck in it too, and so there really wasn't much that was moving in the valley except for people who were walking or riding bikes. Now, we also arrived Sunday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend the year before last, and encountered nothing at all like the situation last year. The valley was busy, yes, but traffic was moving. Hopefully they will have learned from last year that they need some capacity controls and must stop letting people in through the entrance stations when it gets really busy.

Getting there early is still the most important thing on a busy weekend, though.

We went on Labor Day weekend one year - it was worse than the worst LA traffic - just horrible. Vowed never to go on that weekend again (errr.... unless that is the only chance I have to go, and then I'll be up at Tuolomne Meadows. ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!