Yosemite/S. CA area ??

When I was checking out Kennedy Space Center, I signed up to receive their emails about launches. When I did that, I was also given the opportunity to receive info from many of the national parks. That's how I got the email today with the Yosemite codes. You can go here http://www.delawarenorth.com/Destinations/Destinations.asp to sign up to receive the newletter with the discounts. Have fun if you go, but I have one word of advice if you get the tent cabins. Don't get undressed with the light on, everyone outside can see everything you're doing because of the shadows, I learned this the hard way one time.:eek:

Thanks, we are going to Yosemite next summer. I just signed up. :thumbsup2

Have fun if you go, but I have one word of advice if you get the tent cabins. Don't get undressed with the light on, everyone outside can see everything you're doing because of the shadows, I learned this the hard way one time.:eek:

I remember seeing someone years ago in a regular tent at Upper River Campground -- she was getting dressed, or rather undressed, and with the lamp lit, she gave everyone quite a show.

Ever since then I've always aimed the light away from me and towards the tent side.

We stayed at the Tenaya Lodge this past April when we travelled to Yosemite. The lodge is beautiful with a nice pool area, and activities scheduled throughout the day. The food options there are somewhat limited and fairly pricey. Our room rate was a AAA rate that included breakfast for 2, which was a substantial buffet meal. We ate one meal at the sit down restaurant, and thought it was good. There was snack bar area also, with somewhat limited menu and seating. The downside to staying outside the park is the travel time to get to the valley. It takes about 1.25 hours to get from the Tenaya Lodge to the visitors center. If we ever go back, I will try to book the lodge as soon as I can. I wish we had had time to rent bikes, and explore more on the valley floor.

Good luck with planning--Yosemite is amazing.

If you want a good spot to stop for lunch, the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo is a really cute hotel and restaurant with great food. Also, if you have time, Solvang is a fun place to stop, fun shops and great bakeries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter