Yosmite - Half dome cables still down - HELP!

Mister Toad

Mouseketeer
My fiancee and I are going to Yosemite a week from Saturday to climb half-dome and the cables are still down. There is no official info on when they will be going up, and next week they for sure will not be.

Does anyone know of anything about a tentative date? Are they expected to be up by around 15th or 16th of June.

Thanks so much

Just checked the Yosemite site and they do not say that the cables will be down after June 6th.

I don't know if it's an indicator or not but a friend of mine informed me this weekend that they were just now opening the Tioga Pass Road for the season, which means that the snow pack was very heavy this year. I don't know how much of the back country trails are open but it might be one of those years where they don't get things up until mid to late June.

I know that you have to apply for a permit to climb the cables, ave you tried contacting the permitting office for an estimated time frame?

I don't know if it's an indicator or not but a friend of mine informed me this weekend that they were just now opening the Tioga Pass Road for the season, which means that the snow pack was very heavy this year. I don't know how much of the back country trails are open but it might be one of those years where they don't get things up until mid to late June.

I know that you have to apply for a permit to climb the cables, ave you tried contacting the permitting office for an estimated time frame?

Permits are only for weekend climbs, and we are planning on doing it on the weekday. Heard today that its starting to melt, next week is the expectation now. Hopefully that happens!

Thanks!

Good luck! My parents were among the first people to go over Tioga Pass (from the east side) this year - said there wasn't really that much snow up there, though. They called me yesterday from Glacier Point to gloat that they were there and I wasn't. :) But they said the waterfalls were incredible! Have a great time and a great climb! And please post pictures when you get back!

Just checked and they said the cables aren't going up until 6/16 - sorry about that! But enjoy the spectacular waterfalls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter