YOSO-June PTR... Updated Resort Plans!

Disneychix

When you wish upon a star...
YOSO=You're Only SIX Once! :thumbsup2

Why take a YOSO trip?
My DS is finishing up kindergarten in June. In our school system kindergarten attendance is not mandatory. This is my last chance to pull him our of school with no hassles (shhh, just disregard that ticker for a December trip in my sig.) and have him really enjoy himself while he's still young enough to get the MAGIC!

If you ask my DH he will say to you, "but next year you're gonna tell me he's only 7 once!" We'll deal with that next year! ;)

I've been dreaming of this trip for 5 months now. My DS asks me everyday when our next WDW trip is. We tell him we have to save our money...he tells me to just go to the bank and get some! If only I hadn't thought of that!
We are also dealing with the typical Kindergarten struggles. It's been a long year. I have this image in my mind that I will go into his bedroom and tell him that instead of going to school how about if we go to Disney instead??!!!:thumbsup2
I know these 'surprise' reveals rarely go as planned, but a girl can dream!

So I delayed, debated and annoyed my DH enough to the point where he said to just book it already!

My DH does not enjoy WDW as much as the kids and me. Plus he doesn't get as much vacation time as I do. I was planning on having a mommy/son trip. However, sometimes my DS and I are like oil and water. Seriously. He learned how to press my buttons at about age 2.5 and it's been that way ever since. (I'm Italian, DH is Irish...our offspring were bound to annoy me at times!)

So I invited my WDW partner in crime...Grandma! Grandma has been with us on almost every Disney trip with the kids. Her DH doesn't like to travel much so she travels with us. Plus, she loves me, her grandchildren, and rides! It didn't take much to convince her. Basically I told her what I wanted to do and she said book her a flight too!

So this trip has become a reality! 6/6-6/9 at CSR! :cool1:

Cause you know, You're only SIX once! YOSO!

So when I planned this trip I was 28 days out. What kind of ADRs can you get for a June weekend (SWW!) at 28 days out?

I managed to book the Plaza for lunch on our first day. I got a lunch ADR at 50's PrimeTime for Friday and I got a dinner ADR at Tony's for Sat. Not too bad!

So our sort of, not set in stone, itinerary looks like this:

6/6: 9am flight gets us to MCO at 11:30
Lunch ADR at the Plaza 2:30
MK Day

6/7: DHS EMH for SWW
3:20 ADR at 50s PrimeTime

6/8: Possibly AK for morning EMH (we haven't been to AK since 2007!)
Pool time in afternoon.
Tony's ADR at 7:40, MK evening

6/9: Not sure what the plan is-Possibly breakfast at Kona?
Maybe early lunch at EPCOT?
Flight is at 5:30 so probably DME pickup around 2:30.

Tell me what you know about crowds in early June. Also, I know nothing about SWW. DS is just beginning to get into Star Wars so we won't be trying to get autographs or collectables or anything. But I'd like for him to see some of the SW stuff.

So when I planned this trip I was 28 days out. What kind of ADRs can you get for a June weekend (SWW!) at 28 days out?

I managed to book the Plaza for lunch on our first day. I got a lunch ADR at 50's PrimeTime for Friday and I got a dinner ADR at Tony's for Sat. Not too bad!

So our sort of, not set in stone, itinerary looks like this:

6/6: 9am flight gets us to MCO at 11:30
Lunch ADR at the Plaza 2:30
MK Day

6/7: DHS EMH for SWW
3:20 ADR at 50s PrimeTime

6/8: Possibly AK for morning EMH (we haven't been to AK since 2007!)
Pool time in afternoon.
Tony's ADR at 7:40, MK evening

6/9: Not sure what the plan is-Possibly breakfast at Kona?
Maybe early lunch at EPCOT?
Flight is at 5:30 so probably DME pickup around 2:30.

Tell me what you know about crowds in early June. Also, I know nothing about SWW. DS is just beginning to get into Star Wars so we won't be trying to get autographs or collectables or anything. But I'd like for him to see some of the SW stuff.

I'm in!! :) I have two small boys myself... You will have to let me know how CSR is.. I debated back and forth several times between CBR and CSR! And decided to go with CBR

I'm in!! :) I have two small boys myself... You will have to let me know how CSR is.. I debated back and forth several times between CBR and CSR! And decided to go with CBR

And you'll have to tell me how CBR is! I was debating between those 2 resorts too! I've never been to CBR so I decided to stick with where I've been before since we'll be taking the busses and not have a rental car this trip.

Happy Mother's Day to all! :love:

I am now at 25 days out! :cool1:
Starting to think more about ADRs. I don't want to have too many because I don't want to spend a lot of money on dining. But, I'll have to get my mom's input on where she wants to go. We both LOVE breakfast at Kona so maybe I'll do that for our last morning? My mom also LOVES the Italian waitstaff, eh hem, I mean the food at Italy in EPCOT so maybe I'll see about lunch there?

So many choices!

Since I'm spending most of my day in bed-because I can, it's my day!-I'll have to check out the dining choices and see where I want to tweek anything.

Funny faces for Mother's Day!

Going to follow along as next year I plan on surprising DD5 with the announcement we are going to Disney...except I'm planning for end of August and not June. I figured we could do a countdown calendar and start our walking routine. :) She will be 6 and finishing up Kindergarten also.

Going to follow along as next year I plan on surprising DD5 with the announcement we are going to Disney...except I'm planning for end of August and not June. I figured we could do a countdown calendar and start our walking routine. :) She will be 6 and finishing up Kindergarten also.

Fun trip planning! Will you surprise her at the end of school to start the countdown?

So I made a breakfast ADR at the Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin on our last day. I chose here because I get a DVC discount and it says it is a character meal.

Does anyone have any info on this restaurant? :confused3 I love love the Dolphin and it will be fun to be in that area anyway.

I also added a lunch ADR for Via Napoli. I might keep this and cancel the Tony's ADR. Any thoughts on this move?

Fun trip planning! Will you surprise her at the end of school to start the countdown?

Yes! I had put together a chain link countdown (got it here on Dis) for last years trip but we were only 45 days out. If I do it at end of school year, it will be a little more so I'm thinking I may just get some poster paper and create a big calendar. I have plenty of time to figure it out. :lmao:

Yes! I had put together a chain link countdown (got it here on Dis) for last years trip but we were only 45 days out. If I do it at end of school year, it will be a little more so I'm thinking I may just get some poster paper and create a big calendar. I have plenty of time to figure it out. :lmao:

Here is a countdown idea I got from the DIS> We drew a picture on posterboard and used Post-its with disney stickers for the countdown days. As the days were ripped off the picture appeared! It was a fun countdown!

What a great countdown! I have plenty of time to peruse the boards and come up with something. I'm not very creative but I know whatever I do, DD5 will enjoy. :)

Well this update is about changes.

I made an ADR at the Plaza for lunch when we arrive mainly because I need to go to a park to activate my AP before I can check into the room to get my AP rate. I cancelled my ADR at the Plaza because I thought it might be easier to activate my AP at EPCOT since...

We'll now be staying at the Beach Club!

Have you seen the summer AP rates for the deluxe resorts? The BC was ridiculously reduced so I went for it. Cause ya know what? I can just see DS in the pool for hours and hours! And, it's my birthday!

So I changed Via Napoli to lunch on arrival day. WooHoo!! Can't wait!! :cool1: 3 weeks!!!

I told my mom about the new resort plans last week Thursday. She didn't really have any reaction to the BC. :confused3 What? No reaction?

Friday I went to visit her and showed her some pictures of the BC...her eyes about fell out of the sockets!!! :eek::dance3:

She is in LOVE with the BC!

Less than 3 weeks and I can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter