~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Boooo......I was assigned corral B for the Princess 10K in 2017 & 2018. I’m in C for the Dark Side. I used the same POT for the 2018 PHM & SWDS.

Plans sound good. Sorry to hear about the corral C thing, but hopefully you'll still be able to have an awesome time.

I am officially tracking you and I'm excited to see how the weekend goes for you. I'll think good PR thoughts for you on Sunday!

Plans sound good. Sorry to hear about the corral C thing, but hopefully you'll still be able to have an awesome time.

I am officially tracking you and I'm excited to see how the weekend goes for you. I'll think good PR thoughts for you on Sunday!

I think this officially determines RD spins a prize wheel with the corral letters on it. Whatever letter it lands on after the spin is the corral you get.

I am all packed and just sitting here waiting for time to slowly tick by. I need to go back to the expo and return an item. I bought a pair of Aftershoks headphones, but I’m still not sure I really want them.

I think this officially determines RD spins a prize wheel with the corral letters on it. Whatever letter it lands on after the spin is the corral you get.

Aren't you in the challenge though? Thus, 10k placement is dictated by your POT from the HM. Since others who run the 10k solo do not need to provide a POT, then they can lie and say they run a 7:00 min/mile. Thus, that would push you back at no fault of your own. It's also entirely possible the SWDS attracted a faster 10k crowd and thus justifiably pushed you back a corral as well. Here's hoping you have all the short character lines along the way. Save up that energy for Sunday!

Aren't you in the challenge though? Thus, 10k placement is dictated by your POT from the HM. Since others who run the 10k solo do not need to provide a POT, then they can lie and say they run a 7:00 min/mile. Thus, that would push you back at no fault of your own. It's also entirely possible the SWDS attracted a faster 10k crowd and thus justifiably pushed you back a corral as well. Here's hoping you have all the short character lines along the way. Save up that energy for Sunday!

Yup, I’m in the challenge. I ran the princess challenge last year and this year and was put in B. I used the same POT for Princess and dark side which is why I was surprised to see C. I’m thinking people running just the 10K weren’t honest about their time when registering.

Bummer about the corral placement. I think it probably has to do with the relative speed of the field. We got better corral placements at Tink with the same POT than we got for marathon races. I think the "woman-centric" theme of Princess and Tink may discourage some faster men racers from entering thus allowing slower times to move up in corral placement. Star Wars themed races attract all genders.

Have a great race!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Go away lightning! I can deal with rain, but the race could get canceled for lightning.

2641E31B-3F32-4610-B9AA-4A5B08F86C2D.png

You probably won't see this until after you finish, but ... you're doing awesome so far! Looks like you're on route to a nice PR! Yay!

Just got home. Wow what a day. Took 14:59 off my previous PR at Princess. I blame not taking 15:xx off from slowing a bit to blow my husband a kiss at the finish line. However, I’m taking that 1 second back from runDisney for the extra .19 miles I ran to make it an even 15.

I woke up to see your time and was like “prettttttty sure that’s a PR!” Congrats!!! You are amazing!!!

Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon
April 22, 2018
Finish Time Goal: < 2:20:00

My eyes popped open at 2am. I was wide awake so I stayed up instead of trying to go back to sleep. I checked to make sure my phone, watch & earbuds were ready to go. I had packed my running hydration backpack the night before, but I double checked that too. The weather kept changing and when I went to bed the night before it said rain with possible thunder/lightning around 9am. When I checked this morning the chance of rain had gone down, but the temp and humidity had gone up. Got myself dressed, mixed up my water and tailwind and was on the bus at 2:50. RezRuns was on my bus for all you fans.

sCchGAjMQTislAMwoZn7YQ.jpg

I didn't look at the time I arrived at the MK parking lot, but we were one of the first busses there. I've never seen a Disney race starting area so empty! I went straight to the porta-potties then headed over to wait for the corrals to open. It was a bit chilly the morning of the 10K so I had brought a mylar blanket with me for the half. I'm so glad I did. It was a little cool and there was a breeze. I kept nice and toasty warm under my blanket though! They did not open the corrals until 4:15!!! I have no idea why, but my feet and legs were getting very stiff from just standing there for an hour. They finally let us in and I secured a spot right at the front. I made friends with a lady next to me. Around 4:35 I asked her to hold my spot while I literally ran to the porta-potties to warm up my stiff legs. The lines were stupid and not all the porta-potties were in use. They were delivering huge boxes of toilet paper while I was in line so maybe that's why??? It took me 15 minutes in line then I ran back to my spot. I got to hold the ribbon on the walk to the starting line and it felt pretty awesome. The corrals seemed to be released really fast this morning. I don't know if they did mini waves for A, B or C??? Per my Garmin I started at 5:38.

DDB471FE-8182-496E-9EBC-2CEB4148B50E.jpg

Miles 1-4
I was feeling good. It was dark and still cool, but it was humid. I was running the tangents as best I could and I did very little people weaving, but the extra mileage was already starting to add up. During mile 4 we entered Animal Kingdom in the backstage area of Kilimanjaro Safari.
Splits (according to my Garmin): 10:07, 10:05, 10:04, 9:59

Mile 5
This is where it got a bit tricky on the course. It had rained during the night so the surface areas in AK were a bit slick. I had to slow it down so I wouldn't slip and fall. We ran through Africa over by the Lion King Show to Pandora. The only photopass people were ones you had to stand in line for. I was a bit bummed. I was hoping for a shot of me in Pandora. After that we ran through Dinoland, by the Tree of Life then out the front entrance of the park. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something else about the course.
Split: 10:20

Miles 6-10
This was the AK parking lot and roads. There were a few people on the side of the road cheering us on along here. The sunrise happened during this part of the course. It was still cloudy, but it started warming up. I started pacing behind a couple during mile 6. I wish I could thank them because they really kept me motivated. The 2:15 Galloway pacers were also in front of us!
Splits: 9:58, 10:01, 9:56, 9:51, 9:52

Mile 11
This went through Hollywood Studios. We entered through the backstage area of Tower of Terror, ran down Sunset Boulevard then out the park front entrance to the Swan & Dolphin area. I got separated from the couple I was pacing due to the narrowing of the course after you left HS. The humidity was starting to take its toll.
Split: 10:07

IMG_3175.JPG

Mile 12
This part of the course went by the Swan & Dolphin, past Beach/Yacht Club then into the back entrance of Epcot into World Showcase. This is where I started to struggle, but I still had the 2:15 pace group in my sights. My right leg was starting to twinge from my glute all the way down to my toes! I ran out of Tailwind. I had mixed 1.5L worth of Tailwind then topped off the rest of the bladder with ice. I stopped sweating.
Split: 10:16

Mile 13
I think this photo sums up exactly how I was feeling.

IMG_3178.JPG

My leg was really hurting. I checked my watch and knew at this point I could take a quick break and still make it to the finish under goal. I bid goodbye to the 2:15 pace group and walked for a bit in Morocco. The cramping in my leg calmed down and I was off again.

I'm gonna make it.

IMG_3183.JPG

I'm almost to the finish!

IMG_3179.JPG
Split: 10:28

Finish
As I got closer to the finish the 501st were out. Just seeing those people out there giving support in last part of the course boosted my spirits. Knowing my DH was out there in the crowds at the finish line had me digging up every last ounce of energy I had left in my body for a strong finish. I found my DH in the crowd and blew him a kiss. I was so wiped at the end I could barely lift my arms!
Split 9:08

IMG_3180.JPG

Final Time: 2:13:38

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter