"You and me, we're in a club now!" - a DFTW/Disneymoon/Vacay August 2017 PTR

Also, my burn started to blister, in case any of you were dying to hear about it!
Ouch!! I feel so bad for you. Burns are the WORST.

So for MNSSHP, I want to make sure I see the fireworks and the parade
Do the second parade. During the first parade hit up some M&G. It's worked lovely for us in the past.

Of course I didn't see this last update until Saturday night, but I want to wish you all the best for your upcoming wedding!! I hope it's more than you could ever wish for!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard: :goodvibes :cloud9: Cannot wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Thank you!!! So very excited!!! Thanks so much for the good energy!!

So glad to hear that your burn is healing!!!

Hmm...I always love to watch Peter Pan, and Beauty and the Beast before a trip. :)

Thank you - I'm finally seeing a big difference in the burn :) Good movie picks!

Dropping in from Mass to say hello! The vehicle exchange and the in-law trip were successful! Driving a bit more tonight if we can stand it :)

Yay! Glad to hear it! I have been totally out of it here on the boards, but have been thinking of you my last 2 trips to Disney like "Meghan is going to be here getting married so soon!!!" And now it's here! You will have an awesome time :cloud9::flower1::love:

Happy to hear your burn is finally healing!

Glad the driving has been good so far (especially the portion with the in-laws). Have a safe rest of the trip down, a wonderful vacation, and a magical wedding/honeymoon!!!! :flower1:

So very excited for you!!!! Take some time to savor it all and enjoy every moment! It goes by so fast!

Can't wait to hear all about it! CONGRATS!! :cloud9:

Our first night we drove later than we wanted to, but we got past NY and stayed the night in Jersey to avoid driving through NY in the morning traffic. Which worked out well! But then yesterday we still hit some crazy traffic later in the day and didn't get as far as we'd hoped. We're about 8 hours away today, so by this afternoon/tonight, we'll finally be there!!

I am so excited for you guys!!! You are almost there and it is almost time!!!!! AHHHH!

Thank you for sharing your planning and journey with us! Such a great story:cheer2:

Our first night we drove later than we wanted to, but we got past NY and stayed the night in Jersey to avoid driving through NY in the morning traffic. Which worked out well! But then yesterday we still hit some crazy traffic later in the day and didn't get as far as we'd hoped. We're about 8 hours away today, so by this afternoon/tonight, we'll finally be there!!
Awesome! Safe travels today! Hope the rest of the drive goes well and enjoy everything tonight. :)

I just started reading this morning. Have a wonderful wedding. I've enjoyed reading all the plans/family drama, etc. Will keep reading.

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Sorry, just sharing what it is like to drive with a 5 year old. Hopefully you can contain your excitement slightly better.

YAYYY!!! Sending lots of well-wishes and pixie dust your way!! :)

I saw your update on Instagram. Looks like it's going pretty good. Happy Travels and have a Wonderful Wedding! Congrats to you both and I look forward to the report.

I know I was subscribed to this trip report at one time. I read your engagement tr when I was researching WDW at Christmas time. Congrats on the wedding.

Hi, friends! Haven't forgotten about you! Today is the first time we've had a little breathing time for an afternoon break that wasn't consumed by sleeping. We arrived on the 15th, and had the most wonderfully swanky and refreshing free night at the Grand.
2HgF7hX.jpg

HDnKA2f.jpg

It was beautiful.

Then we popped over to Coronado Springs, and wedding stuff commenced! Thursday morning we were up early (my alarm went off at 3am) and did our MK photo shoot. It was so cool to be in the park during the early hours! When we went to take dark photos in front of the castle, they were testing the Halloween projections, so I'm pretty sure we have a photo or two with a Jack-o-lantern projected on the castle.

The wedding day was beautiful and perfect, and we couldn't have asked for things to go smoother. As expected, it went by in a blur. We only got a couple bites of cupcakes in between being rushed around. Otherwise, everything was great. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you've already seen some of these...

H92eJ8W.jpg

kmlVmbR.jpg

i3kgkSP.jpg

5jWNgdV.jpg

lgDoVhi.jpg

5ZbNnJa.jpg

3TZL91J.jpg

Our official photos should be available for us to view sometime in the next four weeks or so, and I'm very excited to see them! We loved our photographer, and hope she was as good as she seemed.

Lots of big changes were happening that day, so in the afternoon I also did this:
TG00x0A.jpg

Zero regrets.

Yesterday we did Magic Kingdom with my family, got to briefly meet @chunkymonkey (Thank you for meeting us!!) who gave us the most beautiful congratulatory card which was hand made by her sister! Then my family went to Ohana last night and they were appropriately impressed.
xI023c2.jpg

8GHpLd7.jpg

Then today this happened:
2sNWIaI.jpg

JM9rqaN.jpg

JUGOYkB.jpg

Ab4V7U6.jpg

5MiWLVA.jpg

KNyO5ni.jpg

This afternoon we got to Poly and checked in. It's so beautiful here! But we were disappointed in our ground floor room with two double beds. We went back and there was nothing they could do for us tonight, but if we agreed to check out and back in tomorrow, they would move us to a King room on the third floor overlooking the lagoon for our last two nights. I thought that was an excellent compromise, so that's the plan.

We may head out to Animal Kingdom tonight. We're still pretty wiped from Discovery Cove this morning/afternoon! It was AMAZING, but exhausting. We also have about 8 snacks left to redeem from our dining plan on our Coronado stay which will expire tonight...so that's our newest challenge for the day!

Talk soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter