You are never to old to be a kid again at Universal.....Nana’s solo trip....kind of live from Universal Orlando and elsewhere in the Universe.

I took some more pictures then it was time to sit down and try again for the 2 pm virtual line for the Rise of the Resistance. I made it as far as picking the person in my party which was me and when I clicked on join it was full. No luck on this.

FB41ED9E-813E-44D3-9AB7-BAC8389D45F8.jpeg

90F74BFD-6ADB-43A3-AD07-78B12959D407.jpeg

425E8FF6-2CEF-4692-B34D-4FEEC238A68D.jpeg

41DF1281-7CD6-4C8F-BFF1-93A30D577C76.jpeg

By this time it was pretty hot out so I decided to take my purchases and go. I had enough heat for the day. It was 3 pm by the time I reached my car. I took my mask off and opened all the doors to allow the heat to clear out of the car. Turned the air conditioning on high closed the doors and was ready to go.

The temperature was about 93 degrees, but felt much hotter.

Here is a picture of the gondolas heading to Hollywood Studios. I stopped and took this pic ad I was leaving the parking g lot.

40544CDE-E089-4602-BE2F-73DA3D950FDE.jpeg

I was ready for a shower and a rest. It was so nice to be back in the beautiful air conditioned RPR.

I slept like a baby.

Last edited:
Wednesday, October 7th

I just took it easy this morning. I had a nice shower. Then got ready to meet my sister for a day of shopping and lunch.

I did not get back to the room until 4:30 pm. We had a late lunch so I showered and lounged around and worked on the trip report and read a little and enjoyed the view outside my window.

16EAFC19-EF84-46CC-B1CB-DE117C03DDE0.jpeg

078574D1-801F-41A2-AD80-513E58F06E60.jpeg

My room here at RPR has been so nice and quiet.

The bed and pillows are very comfortable.

With that said I was ready for another nights good rest.

Thursday, October 8th

I got up this morning and showered and decided to spend the day in the parks.

I got ready and went down to the water taxi and there was a line waiting. It was much more busy this morning, but there were plenty of boats waiting to dock and take on more passengers so the wait was not long.

I decided to start with
9124FF04-E24D-43ED-A0FD-3B2FE0D39D6B.jpeg

I went and did both Haunted Houses.

There was no virtual pass today. There was a little line for both. I used my Express Pass and pretty much walked into both of them.

I did this house first

996DD4C7-A023-4A6B-9948-637CC5BD7942.jpeg

After going through this house a couple of times. I found the story line very easy to follow. The detailed decorations of the time period were pretty awesome. I like this house and the scares are great.

Then onto
32E3BEF5-33FC-434D-BEC3-961A77B99AE1.jpeg

I enjoyed this house too. Scenes and scare actors were very good. Story line was easy to follow. At this point. They are both very well done.

I was so happy that Universal opened these houses for visits. They might be building an additional fan base to attend HHN by having these houses open to park goers at this time. I have heard nothing but great comments.

The food trucks were open today

D306CEA7-0083-414E-8FAB-0AE45360637C.jpeg

I wanted to see the Monsters makeup show today. So I headed over there and went into see the show. Marty James is always so funny and she was there today.

The TM’s show you to your seat. There are 3 seats between everyone and if you want to set in the back farther apart you can.

Having watched the show for many years in the past experiencing the show with the actors wearing masks did not take away from the show.

After the show I went into the Hello Kitty Store and looked at the Merchandise.

497A9EB5-DEB8-4048-9A44-1081EDB68436.jpeg

C8C29C94-96DE-4DE1-9530-2B81075A6EC9.jpeg

B4C1F7AF-6FAD-476B-8B4D-07A6957F499E.jpeg

Last edited:
There are a lot of Loungefly backpacks available now.

F3D75F7A-E93B-41F3-95CE-8503A550DD43.jpeg

Then I went to the Five & Dime to look at the Monster Statues again.

44158B26-B9AF-46DD-9136-4E0F01490015.jpeg

The entrance to the Pantages for the Monster Make-up show has a Stage in front of it so you are entering right next door to the Five & Dime.
2F4AA30D-358C-46F6-8891-B733FF03C0C8.jpeg

I wanted to ride ET and as I walked by Betty Boop was onstage

9B94E046-6DF5-417A-B5F8-39E8636BE3E6.jpeg

E33BE431-E95A-48C6-B078-BB43D7E148A6.jpeg

She was fantastic.

I stopped in Sponge Bob Store

C4167B30-9C47-4436-9DA5-5F5AEE0174D9.jpeg

Then I went to

4D0595C5-C194-45AD-937F-A9B57B5150E4.jpeg

and look who was out

CE6AF051-8FC3-4BF6-A25F-A63839CCFEC9.jpeg

Barney and Baby Bop. My granddaughter M really liked these characters when she was little.

I rode the
3E03E976-EFAB-4828-BAB8-7596281B402E.jpeg

It’s a cute little coaster.

Then it was onto ET. I enjoy ET so much. It is one of the nostalgic rides at Universal Studios that never gets old.

As I was walking around today I was doing the

634936EB-A97B-4BB8-B1F7-78E7BE0F18AF.jpeg

Last edited:

It was time for lunch now so I went to

436D79BA-174B-4A10-BA6C-041AECC2CCAA.jpeg

3F0A1A94-7944-4A41-8F29-537C05496A86.jpeg

I ordered the scotch eggs

B8C4B8F7-5BD8-448F-8A85-95A69904044C.jpeg

The Eggs are served with a beet salad and mustard dipping sauce. They are tasty.

For my entree I chose the Irish Chicken Club salad.

4D44FB2A-96F1-47D5-971E-BF8490E1D470.jpeg

This salad is big and easily could be shared by two. After the eggs I was kinda full. I had some of the salad and was finished.

You are served soda bread with butter and apple butter. I ‘am not a big fan of soda bread, but it is a nice touch for sure.

AAA77BB9-9AC3-428D-81B3-7AF72FF9B1F7.jpeg

I was sitting by the window during my lunch and the blues Brothers show started.
8835B4FD-2BFF-43B8-A633-4A8411B320D5.jpeg

2AB6BC63-66E9-4EAB-854D-AD1BA2CB0542.jpeg
The show is fun to watch. They are all very talented.

The restaurant was nice and cool which was a nice break from the heat outside. It was hot today.

After lunch I walked around to the Monsters Cafe

325AD242-29B8-48B7-A284-5AECADCF6F20.jpeg

420282AC-0AD9-45A9-9542-2EE55A732DB9.jpeg

555DBBEA-0179-4B4E-961B-B3965FAD5010.jpeg

It was Closed today, but when it’s open even if you don’t eat there walk in and look around. There are of great pictures of old horror movies.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the pictures you are sharing with the readers.

You include many hidden gems we don’t notice at times.
I’m taking notes so on my next trip, I’ll know the stores where to go to.

Thank you Mac

All caught up.........

Wow you did a lot!!

Confisco is so good.....we always enjoy it there.....and you went to some of our favourite places like Ocean Prime........Berries and Bubbles......lush!

Thank you for the shout out too.....appreciate it.......yes Mall at MIllenia is an essential part of our trips.....such a pretty mall.

You did get some amazing pictures from your trip and some lovely character pics......must have been so different from previous visits. I loved the scarecrows, that would have been fun!

And glad you managed to catch up with mac.........looking forward to reading more.......

Adding Confisco's to my must do list. I have never tried it; cannot think why? This review has given me a reason to eat here! Leaving on Monday and driving down. Can't wait to visit after so long a hiatus. Hoping the Columbus Day weekend crowds have made their way home! :rolleyes1

My daughter and I are heading to Universal in December for our very first visit. I am loving your trip report, it is so informative and your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you for the shout out too.....appreciate it.......yes Mall at MIllenia is an essential part of our trips.....such a pretty mall.

You are so welcome. If not for your wonderful trip reports Mall at Millenia would have not been on my list of places to visit while I’am in Orlando. Thank you so much for sharing.

You did get some amazing pictures from your trip and some lovely character pics......must have been so different from previous visits. I loved the scarecrows, that would have been fun!

Universal has really hit it out of the park with having all the characters out and about.

The Scarecrows are awesome. Universal really had some nice ideas for celebrating Halloween even though HHN was cancelled.

Adding Confisco's to my must do list. I have never tried it; cannot think why? This review has given me a reason to eat here! Leaving on Monday and driving down. Can't wait to visit after so long a hiatus. Hoping the Columbus Day weekend crowds have made their way home! :rolleyes1

The food and service at Confisco are fantastic. You will enjoy it.

Both parks were at Covid capacity Saturday. So hopefully things will quiet down after today.

Wow, this is such a great trip report! I am really enjoying all the little details I usually run by and miss. There’s a lesson there...Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos!

I’m looking forward to the next installment 🎃

Thank you. So glad you are enjoying the report.

My daughter and I are heading to Universal in December for our very first visit. I am loving your trip report, it is so informative and your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

You are so welcome. You will have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
Thursday, October 8th continued

I still had not seen the Bourne Stuntacular it was pretty hot out today. So I was looking forward to the show and a reprieve from the heat with the mask on

FCCD1AAC-7371-4735-941B-C5D6C03C9850.jpeg

I have never seen any of the Bourne movies. While you are waiting in the line inside there are TV Screens mounted from the ceiling that tell you about Jason Bourne and the other people in the movie.

By the time that was done I had a fair grasp about Jason Bourne. So it made the show much more enjoyable having the back history. They did a very good job with this.

The show was very good. Stunts were fantastic.

Social Distancing was well thought out here too. This is an overall theme throughout the parks.

Every seat in the theater is wiped down after each show. The TM talked about the extra precautions that were being taken to help with providing Covid safety measures. Very well done.

After Bourne I went over to the AP lounge.

36691B12-699B-4EE2-A2A0-B84A56C255DA.jpeg

This is just one sitting areas in there. The other areas were occupied by other AP holders. I didn’t want to infringe on their privacy so no other pictures to show of rest of the Lounge. It’s is nice to come in here and have a break from the heat. You can charge your phone buy a water or a soda and relax for awhile. It was hot today so I was glad for this space.

This is just another nice perk Universal has for AP holders.

to be continued

Last edited:
Thursday, October 8th continued

After a rest in the AP lounge a cold bottle of water and a fully charged phone off I went to Transformers.
I really like this ride. I keep remembering now every time I ride it, how my husband laughed and giggled like a little boy when we rode this together a couple of years ago.

After I was done with Transformers I walked over and sat in the shaded bench area near Transformers by the water. It’s a U-rest area for a reprieve from the mask.

It was pretty hot and humid today so a little shade and rest was welcome.

It’s so important to make sure you have your sun screen on if you tend to burn easily. Drink plenty of fluids and take rest breaks in the shade.
People who are from cooler climates can be overwhelmed pretty quickly by the heat if not careful.
I ‘am used to Florida temps, but I know when it’s time to stop, rest and hydrate.

The other thing that causes the heat to be so strong in the parks is that there is concrete everywhere.

That's why it is such a nice perk to stay longer at an onsite resort. You can enjoy the parks for awhile then head back to your resort for a break. Enjoy some pool time or a shower and a nap in your cool room. Then when your rested go back to the parks if you want.

The full service restaurants are nicely air conditioned as are the shops. So go sit down and have a nice meal at a restaurant of your choice.

Walk through the shops and cool off.

So after my rest stop I went to Diagon Alley. I wanted to stop at the Hopping Pot for a Fishy Green Ale. Wow....it was busy in Diagon Alley.

The line for The Hopping Pot was past the spell spot that puts the armor back together.

I almost left, but decided to wait.

People could see how long the line was and there was a break in the line to allow them to come up and do the spell and leave.

So human nature will occasionally show there are a few who do not care to follow common courtesy and will cut in line.

22AA8342-C469-47DC-9AC7-B1EBA771609D.gif

Normally I will not say anything, but today was not one of those days. It was hot, everyone in line was sweating and waiting their turn. Three people who were together tried to cut in line. So I told the three of them to go to the end of the line. They did not like it, they gave me dirty looks and swore at me in their low tones, and they left.

After that I looked back and the line was past Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

After much waiting
60179966-E70C-456B-9012-3181800AE2D9.jpeg

I felt mildly triumphant that I had the stamina to wait it out. Not sure I would do it again, but with Fishy Green Ale in hand I left Diagon Alley and went to Kings Cross station and caught the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade.

I wanted to share a nice perk for people who are collecting Potter wands.

02389869-7CD8-4F81-8892-18E6CA4E1F14.jpeg

Universal has a deal right now. If you spend
$195.00 pretax you can pick a select non-interactive wand for free.

This sign was at Hello Kitty. The sign was also at the big Universal Store when you enter Universal Studios. The big Islands Trading Store entering IOA, Grinch Store in Suess Landing and I saw it in other stores as well.

I knew I was going to be spending at least that much at the Grinch Store so might as well get a wand too.

Here are a few of the things I bought.
BEB4F820-0EC7-4E16-997E-83138BAF3177.jpeg

0E69AF74-3899-4DC3-94E8-E3BD9D0B168C.jpeg

D46D9E8E-E2C2-43D7-91F3-C6E199AD58A2.jpeg

Once I had made My purchases at the Grinch Store I took my receipt to the Islands Trading Store. Showed my receipt and the TM brought out the wands to choose from. I chose Mad Eye Moody’s wand. If I remember correctly there were 5 or 6 to choose from.

Here’s a picture from the internet of Mad Eye Moody’s wand. Much better picture then I could take.

E79F1F48-0353-4936-A842-743AD938A65B.jpeg

Now it was time to take my bags and head to the boat.

I got to the water taxi just in time to board.

After returning to my room my purchases were stored in the closet. I showered poured myself a cup of wine, enjoyed the Airconditioning and the view from my window.

I did not want to go out for food so I just had some snacks in my room.

Then it was time for a good sleep. .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!