• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You can feed the rays at DC! Photos Included

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
There are usually two or three nonpublished feeding times a day at DC. I know because we were there for one in the afternoon on 10/28/07. They gathered everyone in a circle and the rays knew that it was feeding time. We were instructed on proper feeding technique, so as to not harm the rays and not have the rays harm us. They handed out a huge handful of small fish to each of us.

We had the best time feeding the rays. The rays were pretty skiddish before feeding time, but at feeding time, it was a great opportunity to feed with one hand that pet them with the other. It was really cool! Maggie

My partner had more fun in the ray pool than I would have ever imagined. It's so fun watching her inner 4 year old come out to play. ;) Maggie

Gabby Feeding a Ray
1076279.jpg

Gabby Patting a Ray
1076280.jpg

Me Patting a Ray
1076281.jpg

But we were probably in the Aviary feeding all the cool birds!:)

We did some of that too....not to mention the fun we had with Akai, our dolphin!

Gabby with a feathered friend
1076290.jpg

Me with a couple of birds
1076291.jpg

Us with Akai
1076292.jpg

Great photos!:goodvibes
Be sure to check out some of ours on the podcast page!

Great pictures, Maggie and Julie! Julie - was your first pic the $18 picture Corey was talking about??

We haven't done DC yet but thanks to the review, we will now be putting that on our list of "things to do". On our honeymoon, DH and I did a Disney cruise and took the Stingray City excursion -- I thought I'd be just fine with the stingrays but after the first one brushed by me, I freaked out. I jumped into my husband's arms and he carried me back to the boat that brought us to our excursion. After that, I took photos from the boat :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter