You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

On my moto-x I can crop but not resize, and I tried the email trick for the iphone but it didn't give me a resize option.

however the webresizer.com works fine. It lets me browse my android system and pick an image from there, resize it, and then download it.[/QUOTE

thank you for recommending this website I got it to work. x

I would love it if someone can please help me.

I have been trying the different approaches listed here to upload photos to my TR & thought I had succeeded with the webresizer.com approach to make each photo smaller, then right click on it, copy, and paste it into my Trip Report here (on the DVC Trip Reports Forum). The photos all looked great at first, but then when I checked the Disboards half an hour later the photos were all were the same (the last photo I had copied into the post appeared in all the places the various photos were supposed to be). A bit later when I checked my TR I found that all the photos are now missing.

What can I do? Any help is appreciated. I had been posting photos without difficulty for months (before the change to the boards recently) by resizing photos in photobucket and inserting the pictures through the photo's link on the Photobucket website. Now, I am stuck & nothing seems to work... Thanks so much in advance!

You can still use externally linked photos from PhotoBucket just as before, by either pasting the IMG link into the message manually or using the "insert image" icon in the message toolbar.

Not sure why you are seeing all your photos looking the same though, when you edit the posts how does the image/attachment link appear in several different threads? If you have pasted your resized photos into your thread directly (rather than having linked to an external location) it should be something like:

Code:
[ATTACH=full]1662[/ATTACH]

The number should be unique for each photo.

Andre

result.jpg

Just trying out dragging a pic from webresizer instead of downloading it.

Ok, I'm really liking this. "That was easy." :yay:

Last edited:

image.jpg Testing. Hope this works. I'm trying web resizer that someone else recommended. I can only do this from my iPhone as I dont have a computer. Could someone please let me know if this works. Looks awful tiny from my phone. Thanks.

Last edited:
It works, except after you put it in your post, you will need to click the 'full image' (iirc) or it will show as a thumbnail. Yours is currently showing as a thumbnail.

After you insert a picture into a post a sub-menu of image options appears at the bottom of the screen.

I see when I went on webresizer and dragged the picture on here it worked earlier. Now later in the day I no longer see the image. Does anyone know what I did or didn't do? How did the image disappear?

I see when I went on webresizer and dragged the picture on here it worked earlier. Now later in the day I no longer see the image. Does anyone know what I did or didn't do? How did the image disappear?
My best guess is that when you dragged it in, it created a link to the image on the webresizer's host server. And that they clear their cache frequently.
I've used a few image processing sites that say if you don't download your picture it will get deleted.

That's just a guess though. I don't know why dragging it into the post created a hot link instead of an upload copy.
I just went there, resized, right-click on picture (i'm on my desktop, not my phone) chose 'copy image' and now will CTL-V to paste it in.
This SHOULD bypass the hot-link (if that is what was going on) and do a pure copy/upload. Problem is that I don't know how to 'copy an image' from a website on my phone.
(trip to ireland last summer)
result.jpg

weird. even copy and pasting it is a hot link to a session in webresizer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, everyone!! I was able to get 10 photos into the Trip Report. I used Webresizer.com, but instead of copying and pasting directly from their website, I downloaded each of my resized photos to my computer and then used the "upload" button on my trip report here. Looked good until I got to the 11th photo and then I received a message that I cannot include more than 10 pictures. Is there now a 10 picture limit? If so, I will need to remember to work within those constraints...

Thanks again!

Thanks for the help, everyone!! I was able to get 10 photos into the Trip Report. I used Webresizer.com, but instead of copying and pasting directly from their website, I downloaded each of my resized photos to my computer and then used the "upload" button on my trip report here. Looked good until I got to the 11th photo and then I received a message that I cannot include more than 10 pictures. Is there now a 10 picture limit? If so, I will need to remember to work within those constraints...

Thanks again!
The limit is supposed to have been set to 25, like on the old software...

I love the idea of being able to upload pictures directly without using a hosting site like photobucket or something but it is very inconvient to have to keep resizing pictures from my iPhone to post them.

Isn't there a way to make it so pictures that are uploaded that are over the 1mb limit can just be resized down?

That would be great and make it much easier to post pictures.

So site moderators, any automatic resizing coming in the future possibly?

This could be such an awesome feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!