"You Go, Girl!" August Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the August Exercise Challenge! Our "You Go, Girl!" theme this month concentrates the ladies of Disney. We'll have trivia, clips, etc. for some of the famous (and not so famous) female Disney characters. I'll basically go through the alphabet, but a few letters will have extra entries because A) there are more days than letters, and B) I couldn't find a character for X. :rotfl:

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a set monthly number, or calculated based on a target number of minutes per day. - Since August has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month, we have:
Balance Blue - 10%
Opportunity Orange - 25%
Perseverance Purple - 50%
Practice Pink - 75%
Reward Red - 90%
Goal Green - 100%

We’re officially starting this challenge on August 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Pollyanna Mom - 595/620
sophy1996 - 1010/1000
scdak - 616/700

Sherfleen - 530/620
Tasha228 - 300/750
jwishart86 - 135/465
2manypets - 1385/1000
Twilight Sparkle - 1795/1400
snels - 965/950

littlebittyhouse - goal: 930 (not in total)
keiraliz - 320/620
Elizabeth Smith - 540/460
GrandAdmiralStrife - 815/1000
-------------------------------
Team Total - 9,006/9,585 - 94%

Last edited:

Good morning, and welcome to August!! Our first entry is Alice, with this quote:

“From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole, I've been told where I must go and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched, and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice and of not being Alice but this is *my* dream. *I'll* decide where it goes from here.” - Alice Kingsley

(I didn’t know she had a last name!)

In the 1951 Disney cartoon:
Alice_in_Wonderland_(1951_film)_poster.jpg

Alice was voiced by Kathryn Beaumont:
Kathryn - child.jpg Kathryn - adult.jpg

who continued to act and sing, and also became a school teacher! She was named a “Disney Legend” in 1998:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Legends

Personal minutes - 10/620

Day 2 - Belle:
belle quote.jpg

Some trivia about the newest movie version (from IMDb) –

This is the sixth Disney live-action fairy tale themed musical, after Cinderella (2015), Enchanted (2007), Into the Woods (2014), Mary Poppins (1964), and Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971). However, this is the first Disney live-action adaptation of a previously animated film to be treated as a pure musical.

The casting of Emma Watson as Belle was considered fortuitous by the producers and even herself. The studio unanimously decided that she was the only choice because the character is considered the fantasy, classical-period equivalent of Watson's signature role of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. The film contains several homages to the Harry Potter saga.

Belle's ballroom gown required 3,000 feet of thread and over 12,000 designer hours to complete. It was accentuated with 2,160 Swarovski crystals.

And some "Audience Participation" -

Which is your favorite, the 1991 cartoon version, or the 2017 live-action film? (Why?)

And what is your favorite song (from either version)?

Put in 20 minutes yesterday of a new routine. Very sore today!

20/1000

Which is your favorite, the 1991 cartoon version, or the 2017 live-action film? (Why?)

I absolutely loved the animated film, but love even more the live action. Emma was wonderful as Belle and the dynamics of the entire group worked very well together. My favorite song in both the animated and the live action is "Gaston" second favorite is "Be our Guest" it's a very happy song.

I will happily watch either, but the 2017 film is my favorite version.

My favorite songs are "Belle" and "Belle Reprise". The verse starting with "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere . . ." feels like the lyricist reached into my soul and pulled out those words. And as a child who always had a book in front of her face wherever I went, I can relate very much to the entire Belle (not reprise) song. But, I also love, love, love "How Does a Moment Last Forever" in all of its forms from the new movie. I was worried about what would happen to the music for the 2017 film, but I think they did a really lovely job keeping the old songs but adding in some excellent new options, too.

Personal Numbers:
added a short walk, for 20/620

Team Updates:
:rainbow: We have our first color change!!
Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for reaching Balance Blue!!!

Day 3:
For day 3, we're going back to the early Disney cartoons and meeting Clarabelle Cow:

Clarabelle.jpg

From Wikipedia - "Clarabelle Cow was created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks in 1928. Clarabelle is one of Minnie Mouse's best friends and is usually depicted as the girlfriend of Horace Horsecollar, although she has also been paired with Goofy occasionally. Clarabelle has remained a supporting character in the United States; only in Italy has she been treated as a major character."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter