You go how often?

billybaruch1

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if some people go to WDW just about every day. I would really like to do this after I hit the lottery or retire in Florida, whichever comes first. With a FL resident pass, wouldn't it be about $1 a day? Do you get tired of it after about the 1,000th visit? Has anyone moved to Florida thinking they'd go all the time and now goes maybe once a week or less? Any input would be appreciated. :)

I haven't moved to Florida and I don't think I want to live there. I grew up on the gulf coast of Texas and the humidity just about does me in :(

I will visit every chance I get, though. Last year I had 4 trips and this year it looks like I will only have 3. When I'm there I am in the parks every day :)

I've lived in FL for 9 years now and you can look at my signature to see how many times I've been to Disney. I did work there for a very short time in 2001 and it was exciting. If I wasn't working I was in the parks! :teeth: DH and I just don't have the money or time to visit as much as others have. I'm told it I buy annual passes that would make it possible, but the time just isn't there for us to go 2 or 3 times a year. I'm just happy to get there when we do. I've read here on the DIS those who haven't been in awhile, 5-10 years, or those who don't know when they'll get to go again after just returning. I'm happy to say that I've been 4 times since moving here to FL. I know many personally who have NEVER been. :(

I live 3.5 hours away, and manage 4 trips last year.;) This year will be 3.:(

I'm in my 40's, lived in FL for 30+ years, live 2 hours from WDW and I typically go once a month for a long weekend, except for June July and first part of Aug.

Live in Northern Va. Business will normally take me to Orlando 2-3 times a month. Visit WDW in some way (Downtown, Hotels or Parks) on almost every trip. Have an AP and enjoy going to just people watch. Also take 2 vacations at WDW per year. We do go other places but enjoy WDW and DL.

We go about 3 times a year staying anywhere from 10-15 days each time. We were there in January, August and will spend just 5 days at New Years this year.I do buy Annuals...that is the only option for us really to justify it.

My husband said if it were not for Disney...we would be rich and I think he's probably right!:(

I was born and raised in San Diego CA and was at Disneyland the day it opened (albeit in a stroller!). I grew up going there at least twice a month and later dated a CM so got in free and went every weekend. Disney is a habit for me. Now I live in FL, just over an hour from WDW. I usually go about twice a week unless my work (wildlife photojournalist & travel consultant) prevents it, or when the thunderstorms are too heavy or persistent.

I've had a WDW AP for years - long before moving to FL - but what keeps me from doing the parks even more frequently is the cost of <I>meals</I> there. I really enjoy eating at the parks (especially EPCOT), and it can add up quickly! But I <I>never</I> get bored with anything Disney. :earsgirl:

BTW - I DO occasionally stay at the WDW resort. :)

Shari

Originally posted by taswira
I was born and raised in San Diego CA and was at Disneyland the day it opened (albeit in a stroller!). Shari

You're kidding! I was born and raised in San Diego CA and went to Disneyland about once a year as a child. I remember the E-tickets. :) And the A - D tickets, too. Did you like the Monsanto house of the future? What was that free attraction where it was like going miniaturized into a living cell? I'm thinking it was a fore-runner to Body Wars at WDW. :)

I appreciate all the responses so far. :)

Bill

YES! I LOVED the <I>Monsanto Home of the Future</I>! I hoped to grow up and live in a house like that, but of course it never happened. :(

The ride you are thinking of is <I>Journey Through Inner Space</I>. If I recall correctly (and probably not ;)), it was around until maybe 15 or 16 years ago? Personally, I liked it better than <I>Body Wars</I> because if I get stuck in the back row on <I>Body Wars</I>, I don't feel too well!

Shari

I live in CT, over 1,200 miles by car, and about 1,000 by air. I am leaving Friday for my 7th trip this year. I can't wait. I can never get enough of WDW.
I plan on moving to FL within the next 5 years, I work at a local college and my sons get free tuition, that's a benefit of over $64,000 per year. So I will stay till they graduate. Then on to Orlando. I am hoping to make a stop at the parks at least every other day, but if they keep Illuminations I may just have to go every day.

<B>Mickey527</B> - That sounds a lot like what I <I>used</I> to do! Up until last May I was residing in Idaho the last several years, but about every 6 weeks I flew down to FL to spend a month or so and of course would get my "Disney fix." Now I am here permanently except when travelling.

I will be at MK and EPCOT this weekend. If you see me around, please say <I>hello</I>. :smooth:

Shari

We go about 6 times each year and go into the parks each day we're there (about 45 days). We haven't begun to tire of it yet! :smooth:

Since 1972, we've now "lived" at WDW just over 365 days!

I was born in and grew up in FL. I can not remember a time I did not have APs. We lived about an hour and a half from WDW so we would go often. I moved to IN a little more than a year and a half ago, and the thing I missed the most was WDW. I did plan a trip to come back and get some use out of my APs before they expired. Thinking that I would be living in IN for an undetermined amount of time we decided not to renew our passes this past year. About 4 months ago I moved back to FL. I would love to get APs again, but I there honestly just isn't enough time in my day to go to WDW, although I would love it. I did buy the FL resident pass (play 4-days) because I was in serious need of a Disney fix, and am going back this weekend to use the rest of the days on the pass before they expire. I have until the end of Oct. to decide if I want to upgrade to a seasonal or annual pass. I am just not sure if I will have much time to visit WDW and if it would be economically beneficial to upgrade to a pass. I could never ever get tired of WDW however, and could honestly see myself going weekly if time allowed. :) As you can see in my signature I have been many many times before joining the DIS (I am sure the actual number is higher but 25+ sounded like a nice rounded figure, and I haven't really been keeping track).

I live 20-30 minutes from WDW and go maybe 1-3 times per month. I actually let my AP expire in June and haven't had the urge to renew yet. I worked there before and usually spent at least one day a week there plus some time after work. But it does get a little old after a while. Going during the summer just isn't worth it any more for me. Of course, I crave variety AND I was planning my Disney fix at Disneyland Paris. I'm pretty sure I'll renew my AP this month for the food & wine fest. Actually, I think I'll get the seasonal pass this time. Already have AP's for Universal, Busch Gardens, & Sea World; so, I won't have a problem even if I do get the theme park urge during the black-out dates.

BTW, I work very long hours and have dogs that I live with alone. I think I would spend more time at the parks if I didn't have them to entertain and take care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter