You go to bed, wake up and its 13 years

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
earlier. You remember the past 13 years but they didnt happen, what are you doing differently ?

Iim not sure, 13 years isnt a long time but its long enough. I can only think to be a little more focused of things I want and also maybe just be a little it kinder to people I dont like or mad at

I'd find a way to make being a SAHM work the first few years of the 2nd kids life (I'd say for both kids but the oldest is 17). I'd also do a few things differently with the oldest - I think after being an only for so long she felt a little left out when the baby required so much attention. Honestly I'd just like to spend more time with both kids and less time stressing about work. And here I am sitting on the internet complaining that I wish I would have spent more time with my kids...go figure. To be fair one is off with the friend and the other is watching Netflix with us :)

13 years ago I was still living in Philly, and living with my Mom while I took care of her in the last year of her life. I had had a nervous breakdown the year before, my dog that I had for 17 years died, and I was formally diagnosed with my mental illness.

None of it happened? My Mom and my dog would still be alive, and I wouldn't be nuts? I'll take it. It reminds me of the scene in Peggy Sue Got Married, where, back in the 50s she picks up the ringing phone and it's her Grandma calling:

Perhaps I wouldn't bicker with my Mom as much, we always bickered because we were so much alike. Maybe I would be able to keep my career instead of losing it to my illness. Stuff like that.

13 years ago I was still living in Philly, and living with my Mom while I took care of her in the last year of her life. I had had a nervous breakdown the year before, my dog that I had for 17 years died, and I was formally diagnosed with my mental illness.

None of it happened? My Mom and my dog would still be alive, and I wouldn't be nuts? I'll take it. It reminds me of the scene in Peggy Sue Got Married, where, back in the 50s she picks up the ringing phone and it's her Grandma calling:

Perhaps I wouldn't bicker with my Mom as much, we always bickered because we were so much alike. Maybe I would be able to keep my career instead of losing it to my illness. Stuff like that.

you think you wouldnt have a brake down if this stuff happen, or was it a ticking time bomb anyway

you think you wouldnt have a brake down if this stuff happen, or was it a ticking time bomb anyway

You know LK, I can't really say. I had Depression for as long as I could remember, but it was a combo of things like my Mom's illness and the fact that we'd had our house foreclosed on around the same time (I'd forgotten about that) that precipitated the breakdown. *shrugs* Maybe I could have gone along like I was indefinitely. In a way, the breakdown got me medication and support that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

You know LK, I can't really say. I had Depression for as long as I could remember, but it was a combo of things like my Mom's illness and the fact that we'd had our house foreclosed on around the same time (I'd forgotten about that) that precipitated the breakdown. *shrugs* Maybe I could have gone along like I was indefinitely. In a way, the breakdown got me medication and support that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I only know what you post, but also if life events havent happen the way they happened, you might not have decided to get your body in a healthy place

:mad: Nope, no way, no sireee! You couldn't drag me kicking and screaming back 13 years. In 2005 we were standing right on the brink of the greatest disaster of our entire lives, although we didn't know it. In hindsight, there was nothing we could have done differently that would have changed it. We're out the other side now, just slightly worse-for-wear. Having made it through, I don't know that I'd have the courage to endure it all again, especially knowing the full depth of the pain. To a point, not knowing our future is a blessing. pixiedust:

Last edited:
Knowing what I know now, I'd make some decisions about DS's education differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!