If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

RIGHT?! @MommaoffherRocker and family came to surprise our kids when we were there in late January, because the 10 collective kiddos have been pen pals for a while now. I already knew Mike and their oldest DS (<3) but meeting the rest was one of the best things that whole week!! runDisney people are the greatest !!!
You are so right. Rundissers ARE the GREATEST. What a friendly, helpful and welcoming community.

After the Old Hag we ran through the TTC and past the marching band. I always love running by the marching band, I feel like I have an extra spring in my step when I go by. Right after that I passed the mile 4 marker. It dawned on me that I should probably be fueling soon. That is my normal routine, fueling between 4 and 5 but it was so hot I didn't feel like eating anything. I knew I would be sorry later so I had a couple of the cliff bloks from my first package.

Now this stretch that was so packed for marathon was actually bearable for Princess and I was able to run the entire way on the road from TTC to the bus stops at MK. Then it was around the bus loop and into MK. I was happy we got to enter MK through the tapsiles like we did for Marathon. It just seems more magical that way. Sadly Main Street is always gone in a blink of an eye!! In no time I was making the turn in to Tomorrowland.

mk2.jpg mk1.jpg

I was trying to avoid the photopass people this half because I knew I looked a hot mess so I was surprised to see these show up. But I actually like them because they have the castle in the background.

In Tomorrowland I saw Buzz Lightyear standing out for pictures and I just kept going because I have pictures with him already. I kept thinking the characters are slacking for this half and hopefully they will get better the further I get into MK. I know I had issues with comparing this half to marathon but I was really hoping for two character stops in Fantasyland. Mainly I wanted Sebastian to be out but no such luck this time :( But let me backup for a minute. As I ran out of Tomorrowland and into Fantasyland I saw the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts. I immediately put on the brakes and jumped in that line. After a couple minutes the Queen of Hearts left but I'm not a huge fan of the character so it didn't bother me I was there for the White Rabbit

white rabbit.jpg

I thanked him and quickly ran on my way. That is when I was looking for Sebastian but no luck :( I did see Gaston but his line was so long and again not a huge fan so I kept going. Next was Lady Tremaine and the evil step sisters. I was so stopping for them! I tried to get a picture of them in the park before with @wehrengrizz but they switched out right before us so they were on my list of must stops

step sisters.jpg

As I approached Lady Tremaine she looked at me and said ah Rapunzel you look lovely. And it hit me I was Disneybounding Rapunzel and I didn't even know it!!!

After I left those ladies it was through the castle, past the hub and into Liberty Square. I was on such a high from the last picture that I was almost to the turn before I realized The Princess and the Frog music was playing. I look around real quick and I noticed Naveen and Louie were out but I would have had to cut off a bunch of runners and back track to get to the line so I kept going. I was so bummed because that is my favorite Disney Princess movie!! I'm still upset with myself for not stopping. I mean cutting off people and being a Diva is what Princess weekend is all about right!?

Anyways, I made my way into Frontierland and saw Woody but I kept going because I saw Goofy not too much further down and I liked his costume better.

goofy.jpg

Then we ran over to BTMRR, past Splash and then into Backstage. They had some more Princesses and the dragon from the Festival of Fantasy parade but I heard that same line at Marathon was over 30 minutes so I passed. I did pop a couple more Clif Bloks and grabbed water at that water stop. Mk was over way to quick :(

Again when I got into cone alley it seemed much better than marathon. Not sure if it was the higher corral or what. I didn't feel like I had to slow down at all. But it was HOT!! oh so hot and I was ready for it to be over. I figured the Penguins would be out again so I checked out at that point. I was done with character stops. The penguin stop ended up being Fairies and further down on the left was the group of prom dates? Seriously who are those guys? Then regular Genie. Not vacation Genie, Boo, I maybe would have stopped for Vacation Genie but sadly it wasn't.

Then it was just highway. Oh there was the Adventures Club at some point on that road and I would have stopped because they had the camel (I love camels and even have the tattoo to prove it lol) but again with the heat and not really knowing who they are I was just done. Right before mile 10 we passed the pirates again. I didn't realize they would keep them out that long but it was a welcome sight in the middle of nowhere. At mile 10 they gave out sponges. At first I was like I don't want no sponge but then dude handed it to me and I was in heaven. Seriously wiping my face, arms and neck instantly cooled me, it was amazing!! Right after I threw the sponge we went onto the shaded ramp which made it feel even better.

Now I know a lot of people don't like repeating courses but I think it helped this time. Really it was only my 2nd time running this course so I may not be in the same boat as others but knowing where exactly I was going helped me get through it. I could remember back to last month and think ok only up the 10k hill and then over the overpass into Epcot and then I am done. And hey this time no blister yay!!

So that is what I did, I went up the hill that is at the beginning of the 10k, then made the sharp turn, went up the ramp and into the Epcot parking lot. Right after the overpass there were lots of people chEaring and it put a little more pep in my step. One sign in particular caught my eye and I just had to stop

tongaPrincess.jpg

I had watch the opening ceremonies with my neighbors and we joked and laughed about this guy so I just had to take this picture and send it to my girls.

Ok back to the regular scheduled half marathon. After Tonga we were backstage Epcot. I walked that last water stop and then kicked my butt into gear to finish this thing. Secretly hoping the course would make a U turn before World Showcase but sadly it was still the same, hey I can dream right?! In no time I was passing Spaceship Earth and turning backstage towards the finish. The Gospel Choir was doing their thing as I went by and I knew it wasn't much longer. I made my way through the last couple small turns and then give it all I had as I approached the finish.

finish2.jpg

Yay for finishing!!! Half marathon #12 in the books!!

I was so hot I grabbed my medal, my cooling towel and snacks and was out. I didn't even stop for a picture. I hopped the first bus back to the Beach Club where Mike and the girls were waiting to congratulate me.
medals.jpg

After an in room breakfast I showered and napped while they played in the pool. Check out time came much too soon. Lemon actually hid in the closet and told us she was never leaving :( It was sad but so cute. After that we were all tired and just ready to go home. So we packed up the car and made the 2 hour journey home.

lemonsleep.jpg
This picture of Lemon pretty much sums up the weekend!

I cannot wait to do it all again next year!

I really like your "turn into Tomorrowland" pictures with the castle in the background, I'm not sure I've ever seen PhotoPass pics from the angle. And bonus - almost no one around you! Like you had the course to yourself. ;)

I have yet to get a picture with Sebastian, too. Sadness!

The quality of your PhotoPass pictures is so good, this is the best look I've gotten at the detail on the new Tremaine costumes! Also...

As I approached Lady Tremaine she looked at me and said ah Rapunzel you look lovely. And it hit me I was Disneybounding Rapunzel and I didn't even know it!!!​
I was actually thinking this from your first 2 castle pictures! Your outfit made me think of this (sorry it's so gigantic!)
flat,800x800,075,t.u3.jpg

How sad that you missed the Princess and the Frog stop!! :( But I'm proud of you for not being a Diva ;)

OMGAHHHH that Goofy outfit!! I love that, so cute!

I have no idea who those prom guys are - wedding pavilion guys? That is one photo stop that has never, ever been remotely tempting. I just don't get it!

I totally agree that it helps to have run one of these courses before, especially this one and the never-ending highway toward the end - totally know what you mean about that!

LOL at that sign! Go Tonga Olympics flag bearer!! :rotfl2:

Look at all of that beautiful bling! :lovestruc They did such a great job on the medals this year!
Check out time came much too soon. Lemon actually hid in the closet and told us she was never leaving :( It was sad but so cute.
Same, girl. Same. :sad:

Really enjoyed your report, thanks for sharing! I hope you get that Princess and the Frog picture next year! :)

I tried to get a picture of them in the park before with @wehrengrizz but they switched out right before us so they were on my list of must stops
Yes, we got Fairy Godmother who bowed to us (ha!!) but darn it if we didn't miss those stepsisters in January with the fam too. Boooo. So glad you finally got them!!
I mean cutting off people and being a Diva is what Princess weekend is all about right!?
:rotfl2:
the group of prom dates? Seriously who are those guys?
Seriously! I kept seeing pics of them on facebook...whyyyy ? :confused3

I cannot wait to do it all again next year!
The 2014 5K (when they still gave crappy plastic medals) was my first rD taste. Since W&D won't work this year maybe I'll have to aim for the even harder to get into Princess 1/2:eek::faint: But I dooon't think I'll be in that fast E corral with you guys. If nothing else, maybe I'll volunteer! :cheer2::drinking1LOL

Great race and recap as usual, @MommaoffherRocker

Awesome recap! I also really love those photopass pictures by the castle and haven't seen that angle before. You got some great character photos and I especially love Goofy in his cowboy duds. I've not seen him in that before.

Congrats on a great race and I'm so jealous of that medal!!!

The Tonga guy sign is so awesome! And I agree with othes that the pic before Tomorrowland with the castle behind you is great & never seen that angle before. I would like to hide in the Disney resort room closet too & have it never end, so cute of your daughter! Awesome job and pictures!

I’m so looking forward to next year! No ifs and or buts!!!
I can't wait either!!

I really like your "turn into Tomorrowland" pictures with the castle in the background, I'm not sure I've ever seen PhotoPass pics from the angle. And bonus - almost no one around you! Like you had the course to yourself. ;)
Thanks! I don't think I have ever seen them there either.

I was actually thinking this from your first 2 castle pictures! Your outfit made me think of this (sorry it's so gigantic!)
The funny thing is I was sad that I didn't have a outfit picked out this year.

That is one photo stop that has never, ever been remotely tempting. I just don't get it!
Nope. And I don't even think they know what they are doing.

Look at all of that beautiful bling! :lovestruc They did such a great job on the medals this year!
They really did! I was tempted to skip this race after they took away the Pink C2C but I am so glad I didn't.

@Ariel484 I have to say thank you for telling me to stop! I know it sounds silly but wanting to post the pictures here really motivated me to not be scared. After a while I realized I was nowhere near the balloon ladies and having so much fun. Next time I am going to be stopping for even more characters.

If nothing else, maybe I'll volunteer!
You totally should!

You got some great character photos and I especially love Goofy in his cowboy duds. I've not seen him in that before.
Thank you!! I haven't seen him in that outfit before either. I am so glad I chose him over Woody.

Great recap! Love the Tonga sign! :thumbsup2
Seriously the best sign on the course! Thanks!

Yah for characters! And bonus points for a fun Goofy outfit!

:banana::goofy: Thanks for reading along!

I would like to hide in the Disney resort room closet too & have it never end,
I know right?! If only it was that easy.

@Ariel484 I have to say thank you for telling me to stop! I know it sounds silly but wanting to post the pictures here really motivated me to not be scared. After a while I realized I was nowhere near the balloon ladies and having so much fun. Next time I am going to be stopping for even more characters.
Yay!! Glad you had fun with it. They always have great characters at the races. Welcome to the dark side! ;)

2 years?!

I can't believe it's been two years since I have written in this journal! I am sure if you got the alert for it you probably didn't even remember signing up for it hahaha

For those of you that don't know me or may have forgotten, I am Melanie a SAHM to 5 kids.
kids fort.jpg

We just moved from Florida to Georgia for my husband's job:sad: . I miss FL everyday! I have been running for almost 5 years and try to get to as many runDisney races as possible every year.

So why am I resurrecting this journal now?

Well the biggest reason is for accountability.
My husband once said that if he told the internet something than he had to do it. (more on this later) But isn't that the way the world works now? If I tell random strangers on the internet my goals then I have to at least try to accomplish them right?

I also missed writing about my journey! My whole journey, The good, the bad and the ugly. It helped me process what was happening and where I wanted to be. So here we are!

2020 Goals

As of now my goals are simple, get back on a training plan and keep moving forward. There's nothing I can do about the past so I will try not to beat myself up about. As far as races go I have no time goals, I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.

Up next- 2018/19 highlights

Let me get everyone up to speed on what has happened in the past two years

Tricked Mike into running Darkside Half with me. In my defense he said he wanted to get in shape. It may also have something to do with his quote about telling internet strangers and then having to do it.
darkside2018.jpg

Mike interviewed at a company in Vegas and when we decide it's not the place for us we made the four hour drive to DL
Disneylandmay2018.jpg

New PR at Run for the Pies 5k in Jacksonville (sadly still not fast enough for pie)
runforthepie.jpg

Epic family road trip (minus two)
roadtrip2018.jpg

Checked off South Carolina on 50 State Half Marathon Bucket List
SCrace.jpg

Ran the Wine and Dine Challenge
W&D2018.jpg

Closed out the year with a Santa 5k with DD8 and friends
santa run.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!