You guys cost me a polo shirt! lol

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
Well, here I am fresh from the World. And two REALLY exciting things happened to me. (over and above the normal exciting things :p )

First. I got to meet Katholyn. She is beautiful, such a sweetie, and a good sport, too. She came to see us at (not her favourite) Coronado Springs. It took her ages to get there, and then I reasoned that I could have gone to pick her up. It was a hop, skip and a jump from CSR to the Dolphin. AND, she gamely took the trek to the back of the resort to check on my swimming fish.

Second. I made it into the hotseat at Millionaire. All the way down to the stage, I kept saying "Oh, crap!" (or words to that effect :teeth: ). I was so nervous, that I could barely spit out who I was at WDW with. :o The MC got me some. . . water :) to drink while I played. I did good, too. I knew that Cinderella danced with Prince Charming, that it's a face-off in hockey, and, thanks to my wonderful WISH friends that there are 4 sticks in a pound of butter! (we don't have that here in Canada)

But, then, there I was on the next safe plateau question, trying for the 32 000 points and the polo shirt. What comes up? A diet question.
How many carbohydrates does the (insert acronym for a US health dept) recommend for your daily intake? 0-5% 10-20% 20-40% 50-65% Picture me thinking, thinking, thinking. Well, I know that I aim for less than 50 and I'm not even doing Atkins or low-carb, so it must be 20-40%, right? WRONG!!!! Who would have guessed that the recommended daily amount of carbs is 50-65%! Sheesh! There went the safe level and the polo shirt. My DD's said that I should have used my lifeline, but I explained that it wouldn't have mattered....I would not have believed 65% anyway. :jester: Oh, well. I had fun and came home with a cap, a Millionaire lanyard and the first 5 collectible pins. Oh, and the free bottle of water! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc Now, I need to go back!

I could believe that! and Im glad cos that's usually where my carb intake is. I was thinking I was awfully high cos of reading about everyone who is on Atkins. Thanks

I would have thought 20-40%, too, Debbie!! Congrats for making it to the hot seat and winning the cap, pins and lanyard!! I can't wait to play when we go in Oct, but if I were to make it to the hot seat, I doubt that I would even be able to say "oh, crap". I'd probably trip on the way to the hot seat and knock myself out!! :D

Sounds like you had a really great trip!:D

OMG!! How fun is that????? Sounds like you had an awesome time!! Thanks for sharing your experience!! :p

Congrats on making it into the hot seat. I would have gotten that question wrong too. After living with less than 20 gms a week and surviving I thought I was taking in way too many when I was doing what "they" say I should be taking in.
I got into the hot seat once. I don't remember saying crap, but once I got to the seat I remember telling the MC that all of a sudden I got really stupid.
I got the polo shirt, but got out on the 125,000 question. What does the C stand for in QVC. Like I have time to watch tv and/or shop. I thought comfort (shop in the comfort of your own home) The answer was convienience. I don't think having to thaw my frozen in ice charge card so I can spend more is convienient!
Peggie

Yeah, it's pretty high.

If you think of the food pyramid that's supposed to be healthy... bread, grains and pasta are on the bottom... supposed to be the basis for your whole diet.

Ummmmm. Yeah. But that's a whole 'nother topic! ;)

What fun!! Congrats on getting to the Hot Seat. :D And don't feel bad about missing that question -- I would have guessed exactly what you did as well. Congrats on getting as far as you did, though!! (and isn't Kath cool? :D )

That's great news about meeting Katholyn and getting inthe hot seat!

God bless, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

If it makes you feel any better I would have guessed wrong too! Wow! That is a high percentage!! But hey you met Katholyn!! Sounds like you had a great trip!!

Wow, it sounds like you had such a fun trip! How exciting it must have been to get into the HOT SEAT! That is too funny that you had some diet questions!

Glad you had a good time and welcome back.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter