You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

Following along, as usual. Now off to finsih your last one and see what I missed while I was on my trip.

So excited to hear about another trip! You are keeping me sane until our November trip! :teeth:

Hopping over from your last TR. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it!

Yay! :welcome:

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about the trip!!!

:welcome:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Following along, as usual. Now off to finsih your last one and see what I missed while I was on my trip.

:welcome: Hope you had an amazing trip! Will you be doing a TR?

So excited to hear about another trip! You are keeping me sane until our November trip! :teeth:

Ah :welcome:!! I will do my best! haha

Hopping over from your last TR. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

Can't wait to hear about this trip!

Follower of yours on Instagram, love to read your reports!

Awesome! Glad to have you hear!

Saving my place and will be back to catch up!

Woo! :welcome:

Joining in!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Day 0 Wednesday June 12th

Anyone else know that “I just left work feeling” before a vacation. There is just nothing like it!

It had been a long while since DH and I had taken a morning flight to Disney so usually when I leave work I almost have the stress of worrying that I have everything packed to make it to our flight. With our flight not leaving until the next morning I was free to just be excited! Everything else would just fall into place.

I stopped at the bank on the way home to get some money out for tips and such. With the number of CL stays and luggage transfers we were bound to have, I wanted to be prepared! So much so that I forgot my debit card in the ATM lol (I had literally just thought as I was getting money out how much that would suck lol) Thankfully the teller caught it and ran my card out to me. It wouldn’t have been a huge deal since I don’t use my debit card but still annoying since I doubt I would have remembered leaving it there. Something I would TOTALLY do! Lol

DH didn’t get home too long after I did and we spent some time getting our pug, Joy’s, things together to bring her down to my parents house. While we would be off in Club Level she would be spending the next five days at Club LeGault! Haha Thankfully, she LOVES going to my parents house and getting to see their dogs so its not super hard to drop her off.

I had convinced my Mom to get pizza for dinner so Dan and I had dinner over there while Joy ran around and got acclimated with us still there. When we left my Mom had her watch us leave because the last time we tried the whole sneak out method and Joy paced the house for the rest of the night looking for us. This method worked much better!

Its always a super weird feeling when we get home and Joy isn’t there to greet us but we didn’t have long to sulk because we had to finish getting packed! DH managed to incorrectly put the magical express luggage tag on his bag but we were able to salvage it. (I think he ripped off all of the sticker backing instead of the small spot they instruct you to.) Husbands, am I right? We managed to get everything done by 9PM and were in bed and trying to sleep by 10:30PM. We had an early wake up call to look forward to!

Day 1 Part 1 Thursday June 13th

3:45AM rolled around and we were both up and ready to conquer the day! When I was little I LOVED early morning flights, there was something so magical about getting up in the middle of the night to travel to Disney World. And I still kind of feel the same way!

We were showered and dressed earlier than I anticipated so we just left when we were ready to go.

There was zero traffic on the way to the airport (shocker I know!) and we arrived in about 35 minutes.

Good morning!

The Buffalo airport generally isn’t that busy and that rang true this morning with a 10-minute security check.

Dan was very pumped to be vlogging! I have to say, I was proud of how much he did film considering he wanted to "vlog" our anniversary trip last year and gave up about five minutes into the first day at Animal Kingdom! lol

I was pretty hungry so we stopped for some breakfast across from our gate. I got the best bagel I have ever had, seriously it was so good! And since I don’t drink coffee (unless I’m desperate) to wake myself I went with a nice tasty Diet Coke. Breakfast of champions! DH went for a sticky bun that used to be in the vending machines in our high school. He said they tasted better back then lol

It wasn’t long before they started boarding our flight. I had considered purchasing Early Bird boarding but since they now charge $25 a person per flight (at least for all of our flights) we chose not to, that’s $100 for more fun things in Disney!

Thankfully, just with checking in on my own I got us lower B numbers. (I booked our flights on separate flight reservations and managed to get us boarding positions right after each other like B10 and B11, I was very proud!) And honestly, I feel like I prefer B! Southwest always lines up the A group so early and with B you obviously can’t line up until A goes and then have the time to get up there while family boarding occurs so B is growing on me!

The couple in front of us must not have been so lucky when checking in because the woman in front of us had B9 and her significant other had something closer to B31. He tried to board along with her even though she told him she’d go back to his spot. I didn’t really care but the attendant scanning tickets actually made them wait. I’m sure that probably depends on who you get but the guy was so smug about trying to cut the line it gave me a small bit of joy that he had to wait lol

Anyway! We easily found some window seats and settled in for the flight to Orlando!

I tried to sleep but had no luck and watched Crazy Rich Asians for the umpteenth time, love that movie! And love that its included in SW's free movie lineup!

We did have a bit of a delay taking off and the winds must not have been in our favor because we landed about twenty minutes later than expected but I didn’t care, we were officially in Orlando!

It took us about twenty minutes from landing to getting to the Magical Express in the airport (but that also includes stopping for the bathroom and some photos with the WDW sign in the airport, so you know, priorities!)

We were VERY happy to see absolutely no line at the Magical Express when we walked up.

We checked in with our magicbands and were directed to line number 3 for Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. The CM who checked us in was nice but you could tell just how many people must answer their questions incorrectly lol he was very hesitant to ask if we put our yellow tags on our luggage prior to checking them, which we had, but I can only imagine how many people do not lol

We waited all of about three seconds before another CM was directing us out to a bus where we climbed on and it immediately pulled away! Lol We couldn’t believe our good luck and I know that we are completely spoiled for any future ME experiences!

I was surprised that we were able to snag the two seats behind the handicapped spot in the front being the last ones to board. That was until we pulled away and the chattiest Kathy I have ever experienced spent THE. WHOLE. DRIVE. talking a mile a minute about how many tours she’s done in Disneyland, how Disneyland is better, but how she owns DVC in WDW, her plans for future DVC purchases, etc, etc. And had she known the people she was talking to I would have cared less but her monologue was aimed at a father and son seated behind us who clearly wanted no part in talking to her but were far too polite to ignore her completely. And since she was basically right next to me it felt like she was screaming in my ear the whole ride lol Thankfully, she got off at the first stop which was Wilderness Lodge so from WL to the Contemporary the ride was relaxing and very nice haha

I will say though, even with the chatty girl, this was by far our best travel day yet. Everything went super smooth and the whole magical express experience was, well, magical! I still feel like for some trips we will still rent a car (depending on our plans and how many ubers may be necessary) but for this trip it worked out really well! Especially when you have absolutely no wait and the bus leaves as soon as you sit down!

I was very excited to see this beauty!

When we got off the bus we grabbed our carry ons and made our way into the Contemporary. No one greeted us like I expected since we were staying club level but a CM did walk by us looking like she was on a mission to greet someone. We were the only ones getting off at the resort so I think she was probably our greeter but assumed we weren't the right people and kept on walking lol it didn’t matter to me either way I just thought it was interesting since they knew exactly when we’d be arriving and I thought that was part of the premium "experience".

We stopped at the front desk to check in so that we could be shown up to the CL to grab some snacks and drinks before heading to the Magic Kingdom. I had planned to change before going to the Magic Kingdom and the CM who was going to show us up to the lounge seemed like he didn’t want me to bring my carry on with me but rather have it stored with bell services before going up. There are no bathrooms on the same floor as the lounge so I would have had to come back down to change anyway – if I remember correctly, the WL lounge had a bathroom right by it so I was surprised to find out there were no bathrooms for the CR lounge or even on the same floor. So before heading up I stopped in the bathroom by the Wave to do a quick change.

Once changed, we stored our carry-ons with bell services and then went back to the front desk. The CM from before I guess no longer recognized me after I changed but eventually remembered us and brought us to the elevators to be brought up.

While I LOVED staying Club Level, the whole checking in process/interaction felt a bit weird. Could have totally been me just being tired but I guess I was expecting someone super friendly and he just felt a bit cold (especially when he didn't remember us from a few minutes prior). After a brief tour of the club, we were left on our own and it was finally time to start our vacation!

Last edited:
Joy is so cute! I have a pug too and I just love their little faces.

That lady on the magical express sounds so annoying! At least you had a little bit of time to relax in peace once she was gone!

Joy is so cute! I have a pug too and I just love their little faces.

Aren't they just the cutest! Joy pretty much gets whatever she wants with that little face of hers!

That lady on the magical express sounds so annoying! At least you had a little bit of time to relax in peace once she was gone!

She was so obnoxious! I felt so bad for the people she was talking to lol they were trying so hard to politely end the conversation by not really responding which just seemed to allow her to talk more lol

I love when things go smoothly. Best way to start a trip!

That's really odd that the CM didn't remember you after a short time. I hope he was just not paying attention and not being uppity.

Anyone else know that “I just left work feeling” before a vacation. There is just nothing like it!

The best feeling!!!

So much so that I forgot my debit card in the ATM lol (I had literally just thought as I was getting money out how much that would suck lol) Thankfully the teller caught it and ran my card out to me. It wouldn’t have been a huge deal since I don’t use my debit card but still annoying since I doubt I would have remembered leaving it there. Something I would TOTALLY do! Lol

I'm not saying I've done this before, but I've actually done this twice before so I completely understand you girl

DH didn’t get home too long after I did and we spent some time getting our pug, Joy’s, things together to bring her down to my parents house.
48184803266_fb77467535.jpg

I would die for Joy!!!!

When I was little I LOVED early morning flights, there was something so magical about getting up in the middle of the night to travel to Disney World. And I still kind of feel the same way!

YES!!! You said it!!!! Completely agree, 100%

Dan was very pumped to be vlogging! I have to say, I was proud of how much he did film considering he wanted to "vlog" our anniversary trip last year and gave up about five minutes into the first day at Animal Kingdom! lol

I introduced your channel to my family over the weekend and caught them watching one of your vids on the TV while I was making dinner today #cloeanddan

Beautiful shot!!

We waited all of about three seconds before another CM was directing us out to a bus where we climbed on and it immediately pulled away! Lol We couldn’t believe our good luck and I know that we are completely spoiled for any future ME experiences!

This is I think the smoothest travel day I've ever seen in my life

The CM from before I guess no longer recognized me after I changed but eventually remembered us and brought us to the elevators to be brought up.

While I LOVED staying Club Level, the whole checking in process/interaction felt a bit weird. Could have totally been me just being tired but I guess I was expecting someone super friendly and he just felt a bit cold (especially when he didn't remember us from a few minutes prior). After a brief tour of the club, we were left on our own and it was finally time to start our vacation!

That's so weird!! Sorry you had such an odd experience!!

Can't wait to read more, I love where this is going so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!