You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

Cloe Colton

Registered
Hello everyone! And welcome back to another trip report of mine! This is the first trip I took to Disney World with DH, Dan, this year but certainly isn’t our last, if you want to find out what we had planned for this trip and all of our upcoming trips click HERE! In fact, we're heading back to WDW next Thursday for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Preview!

Where to start? Well, this trip wasn’t in our original plan for the year. In fact, Disney was going to take a backseat for us this year, whoops! That definitely hasn’t happened and won’t be happening. Basically, after our amazing first anniversary trip to WDW last year (which you can read about HERE) DH asked if our second anniversary trip this year could be to somewhere other than Disney. (To be fair he did say we could do a Disney Cruise but do you know how much a 7-night cruise in July costs? TOO MUCH lol) I’m a fair person and love a good beach so we decided on heading to Aruba for an all-inclusive vacation which you can read my mini TR HERE. We had done an all-inclusive vacation back in 2015 to the Dominican Republic (shocked we made it home tbh!) and liked the vibe of an all-inclusive but wanted something that felt a bit safer. Aruba has some amazing reviews so that’s where we booked, 6 nights at the Riu Antillas All Inclusive. We did end up booking a trip to WDW for September after that but that’s a story for a future TR haha

Well, after my trip to Disney with My Mom and sister, Calista, in March (you can read about that trip HERE) DH was really jonesing for Disney. I mean, I was too, but I’m always at a soft hum of “I wish I was in Disney right now” so that was nothing new for me lol so I began to fantasize about squeezing in a weekend trip to Disney. (Which actually began as plans for a very quick weekend trip to Universal to ride Hagrids - which had a 12 hour wait all weekend - so yeah, glad that plan fell through!) And we made it happen! It started as a very quick three-day trip but turned into a five-day trip (thank you Villains After Hours!) and we were both very happy to have the extra time in Disney!

This was also our first trip where we decided to vlog the whole thing! Mostly for our own memories (I'm a sucker for old home videos) but also just to take on another hobby! Which has been fun to do together! We've posted a lot of the videos already but I'll include them along the way where they make sense!

Who – Me and DH! Oh right, I should probably introduce ourselves! Haha

Me – Cloe

I am a lover/obsessor of all things Disney. By day, I work as a financial analyst and by night I am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and also make Disney ears. Disney is truly a wonderful escape for me and I am so grateful that I get to go as often as I do! Growing up, we went to Disney nearly every year and if not every year every other year. My Dad worked a lot to support our family and our family vacations were the time where we all got to be together and silly and make some of our favorite family memories. I still love the nostalgia that Disney gives me each time I’m there but I also love the new memories DH and I have created in our trips together! Disney is just my happy place!!

Favorite Restaurant – California Grill

Favorite Park – This changes every trip – but I guess Hollywood Studios right now?

Favorite ride – Space Mountain

DH – Dan

Dan has been a hard sell on Disney lol in the beginning he went totally for my sake. He would have a good time but he didn’t enjoy the hardcore touring plans or the morning to night days. He likes to take it slow and enjoy actually being on vacation. It took some time for me to adjust but we now build in more time to smell the roses on our trips and it’s been awesome! With our new touring style and just my general incessant talking of Disney, DH has now become a Disney fan himself! He loves watching Disney vlogs with me (some of our favorites are Tim Tracker, L&RDreaming, Adam Hattan, HappiestVlogs, Our Magical Moments, to name a few) and looks forward to the trips almost as much as I do! He works in security so he definitely enjoys our trips as a way to step away and get away from the real world. It would just be a little more perfect for him if our pug, Joy, could join us! Lol He was also the one who decided we should start vlogging this trip and I'm so glad he did!

Favorite Restaurant – Narcooses

Favorite Park – EPCOT

Favorite ride – People Mover

When did we go? June 13th – 17th

Where did we stay? Split Stay between the Contemporary Club Level with Deluxe Dining Plan and Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Club Level (no dining plan)

Why? Because why not!? haha

I’m not sure if it was the result of us taking it slower or just the amazing trip we had but this was definitely one of my favorite trips we have ever been on. I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

YES first one! I'm excited to hear all the details from your trip! Your photos on insta were amazing (as usual) and it seemed like you had a great time.

Which has been fun to do together

How does the work get split between you? Does one of you prefer to film and the other edit or do you just do both? I'm so intrigued!!

I’m here! I’ve been terrible about commenting lately but I will try my best. Can’t wait to read about the trip and watch the vlogs!

I'm following along...I'm pretty sure we were at the same Villains party and riding Pirates at the same time. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Here! Can’t wait to hear about this trip!

You had me cracking up in that first post, we covered all favorite topics, Adding days to trips, finding extra trips and turning a year of little Disney into a lot of Disney! Plus other vacations don’t hurt either!

YES first one! I'm excited to hear all the details from your trip! Your photos on insta were amazing (as usual) and it seemed like you had a great time.

Yay!! Thanks for joining in!! It was seriously an awesome trip!

How does the work get split between you? Does one of you prefer to film and the other edit or do you just do both? I'm so intrigued!!

He mostly films (I do some but he does the bulk!) and then I edit most of the videos and he basically watches them once they are edited to check sound and just to make sure it all looks good! It's been fun!!

Yay! Joining in!

:welcome: thanks for joining in!

I'm here!

Yay!

I'm here and excited to read this trip!!!

Yay!! Glad you're here!

And we STAN your YouTube channel!

Thank you!! It's been so fun!!

I’m here! I’ve been terrible about commenting lately but I will try my best. Can’t wait to read about the trip and watch the vlogs!

Yay!! I get it! It sometimes gets overwhelming to do it all!! But I'm glad you're here!

I'm following along...I'm pretty sure we were at the same Villains party and riding Pirates at the same time. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! That's so funny! Did you see us??

I’m here!! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Yay! :welcome:

Here! Can’t wait to hear about this trip!

You had me cracking up in that first post, we covered all favorite topics, Adding days to trips, finding extra trips and turning a year of little Disney into a lot of Disney! Plus other vacations don’t hurt either!

Haha right!? That's one of the reasons I love having my PTR because it chronicles just how fast the year went from limited Disney to ALL THINGS DISNEY + Aruba hahaha

Leaving for Disney in the AM. Looking forward to reading your report. Maybe I’ll get brave enough to do my own!

I'm here!!! So looking forward to this report!!! I upgraded our stay in Oct to Contemporary CL because of you & your vlog, haha!!!

Joining in! Excited to hear all about it!

We did!!!! You were like 30 people ahead of us.

So fun!! You should have said hi! I love the look on my husbands face when people know me haha

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!

:welcome:

Woo :welcome:

Following along!

I'm here!

Woo!! :welcome:

Joining in! Can't wait to read all about it!

Awesome!! :welcome:

Leaving for Disney in the AM. Looking forward to reading your report. Maybe I’ll get brave enough to do my own!

Have a great trip!! You should! It's such a fun way to relive the trip when you get home and have those Disney blues!

I'm here!!! So looking forward to this report!!! I upgraded our stay in Oct to Contemporary CL because of you & your vlog, haha!!!

Yay! :welcome: that's awesome!! You will LOVE it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!