You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

Your Vlog inspired me!!!!

I think I am going to task Gwen will video taping this trip! She alwasy wants to have a YouTube Channel. This would be a good way for her to start. Maybe if we run into each other, you can give her some tips!

So fun!! My biggest tip would be to have fun! Kids seem to be the best at it because they don't care what other people think of them haha which as adults thats the biggest hurdle worrying that other people think you're crazy for talking to a camera lol but that passes quick enough! My other tip is to get cool shots but also talk to the camera, it will probably take a day or two to get in the groove but once you do its super fun! Plus, even if no one watches its memories for your family! That was what prompted us to start doing it in the first place because we had/have so many cool trips planned this year and just really want to document them! We definitely wish we had started back when we went to Hawaii!

ha, isn't all the food we used to in taste better? I tried box mac n cheese awhile back and it was awful!!!!

Haha I wonder why that is!! The sticky bun definitely left something to be desired! lol

Ugh. I have to get us checked in on Friday! We just need Boarding group B, if we are 2 and 2 we are fine. I got A last time, and I was WAY to excitied about it.

We ended up with B13 and B14 for our flight tonight even though I was in the middle of packing and probably checked us in a minute late. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

CL is to be more "fancy" then that.... One day we will do CL... one day..

If you can ever swing it, do it! Such an amazing experience (beyond the check in lol). Hopefully they'll continue with the awesome AP discounts next year because I would love to do it again!

just heard on the Walt loves Disney podcast, they were saying that the bathrooms are all grandfathered in for the Contemporary because the building is so old. As soon as they touch one, they have to upgrade a lot of them.

Oh that's super interesting! And makes a lot of sense. I'm honestly thinking some of the awkwardness from our checking in experience may have been that the guy was worried about there not being a bathroom up there

Gwen's review/commentary of your video:

"Good Intro Mommy's friends"

Glad she loves the intro! haha honestly that took me the longest to do!

"Joy is sooooooooo cute...."

Joy gets a lot of kids hooked haha I think pugs are popular with their generation! Dan's good friend's kids will always ask for more Joy in the videos lol

"There are alot of cars for 4 in the morning"

That was actually kid of surprising!

"Yeah, she still says Potty break!"

Haha still a kid at heart!!

I am laughing out loud at Gwen's comments on your vlog lol ^^^

Hahaha love them!!

Maybe it's because I enjoy the journey and the anticipation as much as the trip itself but I really like the beginnings of your trip reports where you and Dan are getting prepped, going to the airport, and killing time before the flight even begins. Looking forward to this TR!

Maybe it's because I enjoy the journey and the anticipation as much as the trip itself but I really like the beginnings of your trip reports where you and Dan are getting prepped, going to the airport, and killing time before the flight even begins. Looking forward to this TR!

I have to agree with you there! I know a lot of people just skip through the travel but I find that almost as enjoyable as getting there! I'm glad you think so too!

Great travel day! I cannot do those early morning flights anymore. Sadly, I think last week was my last one. I’d rather fly out late the night before. I just need my sleep. Lol!!! Your travel day vlog was so cute.

Great travel day! I cannot do those early morning flights anymore. Sadly, I think last week was my last one. I’d rather fly out late the night before. I just need my sleep. Lol!!! Your travel day vlog was so cute.

They are super tough!! I prefer the night before flights too, the only downside is that SW has moved up the times for the last flights out of Buffalo which has made it difficult to get the last flight! Although we're trying a new strategy today by just leaving right from work so if this works I may be able to start taking the night flights again!

And thank you!

They are super tough!! I prefer the night before flights too, the only downside is that SW has moved up the times for the last flights out of Buffalo which has made it difficult to get the last flight! Although we're trying a new strategy today by just leaving right from work so if this works I may be able to start taking the night flights again!

And thank you!
SW has changed a lot of flights. From Chicago there are a lot less direct flights to Orlando than years past.
Have a great trip!!!! So sad I missed everyone!

Joining in!

Glad your travel day went so smoothly. Annoying that your check-in experience wasn't the best.

Just watched your travel day vlog- you guys are naturals! Mike keeps asking if we can vlog our trips but I hate hearing my voice recorded lol

Day 1 Part 2 Thursday June 13th

After we were shown around the Atrium Club lounge we were left to our own devices!

Because of the time we arrived, they only had snacks out since breakfast service had ended but there was enough to satisfy us for the time being (lunch wasn’t that far off)!

The stuff for make your own trail mix had little baggies that you could take stuff to go which was a nice touch!

I think my very favorite part of the Atrium Club Level has to be the view. Granted, you can get the same view from California Grill but that’s if you are one of the lucky ones who gets a table near the window lol which we never are!

We had to keep up our Atrium Club Level tradition by taking a selfie in the mirror!

I was so happy to be there!

We enjoyed our snacks and I believe I had one or two mimosas because why not!

After about a half hour of enjoying the lounge we decided it was probably time to start making our way to the Magic Kingdom.

Off to the Magic Kingdom!

We decided to walk and it took about 10 minutes to get there which is just amazing considering how long it takes to get from any other resort! Or rather how much time you need to budget to get there.

We obviously needed to stop for pictures with the train station!

We did have a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin FP that we could have used but we chose to just take some photos and make our way over to lunch instead. I think I adjusted the FP to later in the day when I knew we’d back for After Hours.

Our lunch today was at Be Our Guest and I was pretty excited to have lunch here. I had stopped booking it after a couple of less than stellar lunches but was happy to try it again!

We of course preordered, and it was super easy to cash out using our deluxe dining plan. We chose a table in the main ballroom because that’s my favorite!

I was surprised that they no longer had you keep the rose so that your food would find you. There were just cast members walking around checking receipts and having the food sent out. Which I don’t know if maybe the rose system was just down that day but definitely took some of the magic out of the dining experience since the food didn’t just “find you”.

Dan and I both ordered the Croque Monsieur with fries. To drink I chose the Peach Bellini and Dan chose the Kronenbourg 1664. Had we not been on the dining plan, I would have just gone with a soft drink but since alcohol was included with the meal plan I was happy to get the bellini! Which was very tasty!

I am happy to say that our sandwiches were much better than the last time we ate there! They were warm and actually tasted good! However, two full sandwiches for us was a lot of food. We definitely could have shared one or split one and also gotten a soup to split. But it was nice to not worry about being hungry once we left and had we not had the snacks in the lounge we probably would have eaten more!

After we finished eating, we walked around the restaurant to see the other rooms. I think the last time I was in the West Wing I accidentally used a flash on my camera and got yelled at and scurried out of the room, so I was excited to get to see the rose this time!

I had Dan take some pictures of me with the stained glass before heading out, because that's a must for eating at Be Our Guest, isn't it?

After lunch, it was time for our Space Mountain fastpass!

Of course, the line for the fastpass was backed up but once past the touchpoint the line wasn’t too bad.

We had a great time on Space Moutnain!

Once we got off of Space Mountain, we stopped for a photopass. I realized after the pictures were in my account that my ears were on backwards! Whoops! Haha (also thanks DH for not noticing lol)

We made our way back over to the hub to find the superzoom photopass. Unfortunately, it wasn’t working that day (it seems like the technology goes down a lot) but we would be back in a couple of days so I wasn’t too worried about it! I did however see @xlsm post that morning an adorable picture of the little statues in the hub! I don’t think I’ve ever noticed them before and they are so cute! (Remember, this was a trip of stopping to smell the roses! Or you know, take pics of Chip and Dale statues haha) So Dan and I played around with our new cameras to take some fun photos!

It was time for our Mickey and Minnie meet and greet fastpass so we made our way down Main Street but first we had to go up and see the parked train! Dan really wanted to see the train so we definitely had to check it out.

And we stopped to take in the view up Main Street. Such an amazing spot in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
Day 1 Part 3 Thursday June 13th

After our detour to the train station, it was finally time to meet Mickey and Minnie and I was so excited!

I had wanted to meet them in March with my Mom and Calista but I was never able to get 4th or 5th fastpass for it so I decided to wait. This trip, we were definitely meeting them because I got us a fastpass! DH isn’t the biggest fan of meet and greets but with him wanting to vlog I told him character interactions would make for some good content! (I mean anything to convince him to do it with me!)

With our fastpass we only waited about five-ten minutes to meet them. When it was our turn, we had the best meet and greet ever! I’ve heard others talked about how awesome this experience is and you really just need to experience it for yourself! It started with them complimenting my ears and such but then when Minnie spotted my ring it turned into a whole thing of why Mickey hasn’t proposed to Minnie and it was just so much fun! Even DH was sold on the whole experience and we walked out of the meet feeling the Disney magic. It was the perfect thing to do on our first day and I’m so glad I got a fastpass for it!

After meeting Mickey and Minnie we went to Starbucks to use two of our snack credits (LOVE that you can use a snack credit for any size starbucks drink - you bet I got a trenta!).

Caffeine was definitely a necessity at this point (while I don’t like coffee, a very berry hibiscus refresher is my fave!). We figured we could get some drinks and find a nice spot to enjoy them. Well, we ordered our Starbucks and similar to my trip in October with my Mom and sister (TR HERE), it began to DOWNPOUR outside. We had ponchos with us but it was the type of rain where you were going to be soaked no matter what, plus Dan had his sneakers on and was hoping to not have them be drenched on day one of the trip! (Anyone have any tips on ways to prevent that? I never wear sneakers so I don’t have that problem in Disney!)

We waited for a bit in Starbucks and enjoyed our drinks by the window.

Peep how they spelled Cloe haha *COOE* (funnily enough, that's how my brother pronounced my name growing up so I found it pretty funny!)

The one benefit to being stuck in Starbucks during a rainstorm like that is that most people aren’t willing to venture out into the rain so you don’t really have a ton of people trying to fit in, its just the ones who got stuck there in the rain! At some point, the rain let up a little and we decided to poncho up and make our way out of the park.

Our room had been ready for a couple of hours and it was about the time I wanted to head out anyway.

We made it to the monorail relatively dry thankfully and didn’t have to wait long for one to pull into the station.

Next stop, our first stay at the Contemporary!

Last edited:
Joining in!

:welcome:

Glad your travel day went so smoothly. Annoying that your check-in experience wasn't the best.

If anything though, I would take a smooth travel day over an over the top check in! haha and thankfully that was the only weird thing to happen our whole stay!

Just watched your travel day vlog- you guys are naturals! Mike keeps asking if we can vlog our trips but I hate hearing my voice recorded lol

Thank you!!! It's funny, I can edit the videos pretty much no problem but I make Dan watch it all the way through before posting and have a hard time actually watching myself once its posted! lol but we are pretty good at laughing at ourselves or the dumb things we say which has been fun because it really helps to remember those fun memories!!

Great first part of your trip in MK. Love the Mickey/Minnie M&G. Love using snack credits for Starbucks. The Very Berry Refresher is my fav too.:love:

Great pics from the lounge- a nice way to start the trip!

Looks like such a good time in MK! Love the pics with Mickey & Minnie, that greet is so fun! And I'm glad you enjoyed BoG this time around!

The stuff for make your own trail mix had little baggies that you could take stuff to go which was a nice touch!

Is there ANY Disney buffet snack more quintessential than the sugar cookie with those purple, red, and green Mickey sprinkles? Also, that trail mix station is a nice touch! Poly CL didn't have that in 2017, but I wish it did!

I was surprised that they no longer had you keep the rose so that your food would find you. There were just cast members walking around checking receipts and having the food sent out. Which I don’t know if maybe the rose system was just down that day but definitely took some of the magic out of the dining experience since the food didn’t just “find you”.

It's so funny you say this because I was just thinking about BOG QS lunch and how I've never gotten a rose! They've always used my MB to magically bring my food to me, but the rose is so cute!

These are my favorite statues, so adorable!

And we stopped to take in the view up Main Street. Such an amazing spot in the Magic Kingdom!

I love this shot!

When it was our turn, we had the best meet and greet ever! I’ve heard others talked about how awesome this experience is and you really just need to experience it for yourself! It started with them complimenting my ears and such but then when Minnie spotted my ring it turned into a whole thing of why Mickey hasn’t proposed to Minnie and it was just so much fun! Even DH was sold on the whole experience and we walked out of the meet feeling the Disney magic. It was the perfect thing to do on our first day and I’m so glad I got a fastpass for it!

This is the CUTEST M&G story ever!!! I'm so excited to meet them!!!

(LOVE that you can use a snack credit for any size starbucks drink - you bet I got a trenta!).

The best use of a snack credit, easily!

Looks like a practically perfect morning so far!

Great pics from the lounge- a nice way to start the trip!

Looks like such a good time in MK! Love the pics with Mickey & Minnie, that greet is so fun! And I'm glad you enjoyed BoG this time around!

Yeah we definitely didn't NEED to have anything then since we had lunch so soon but it was a perfect way to start our trip!

I hope they somehow keep Mickey and Minnie meeting together after the 90th celebrations stop, its just too much fun! And clearly popular!

BoG was much better!! I still need to try their breakfast at some point

Is there ANY Disney buffet snack more quintessential than the sugar cookie with those purple, red, and green Mickey sprinkles? Also, that trail mix station is a nice touch! Poly CL didn't have that in 2017, but I wish it did!

That cookie is exactly what I went for!! They are my favorite especially when I don't have to pay for it! (I mean obviously I paid for the cookie in the cost of the room but it just feels better when I don't have to dole out specific dollars for one!)

It's so funny you say this because I was just thinking about BOG QS lunch and how I've never gotten a rose! They've always used my MB to magically bring my food to me, but the rose is so cute!

I mean its been a while since I've been but they definitely used to give me a rose! It was way more magical! But even the magicband would have been enough lol instead we had multiple CMs coming over to check our receipts lol

These are my favorite statues, so adorable!

I literally never noticed them before! The cutest!

I love this shot!

Thank you!

This is the CUTEST M&G story ever!!! I'm so excited to meet them!!!

It was one of my favorite M&Gs ever!

The best use of a snack credit, easily!

For sure!!

Looks like a practically perfect morning so far!

It really was!

This is the best attitude to have concerning mimosas.

I had stopped booking it after a couple of less than stellar lunches but was happy to try it again!
We're kind of at that place. Maybe if we stop booking it every trip, those random times when we do eat there will seem better!

Which I don’t know if maybe the rose system was just down that day but definitely took some of the magic out of the dining experience since the food didn’t just “find you”.
Huh weird I feel like when we were there in January they used our magic bands.

Had we not been on the dining plan, I would have just gone with a soft drink but since alcohol was included with the meal plan I was happy to get the bellini! Which was very tasty!
I didn't realized they served alcohol at lunch there!

because that's a must for eating at Be Our Guest, isn't it?
100% required

So Dan and I played around with our new cameras to take some fun photos!
Love it! You have a mirrorless, right?

I appreciate the Main St train station more and more with each trip

Even DH was sold on the whole experience and we walked out of the meet feeling the Disney magic.
Oh yay! My DH doesn't care for characters either so it's really fun when you get an interaction that actually draws them in. I'm glad you had a good time meeting them!

Other than the sudden soaking it looked like a fun first day in the parks!

This is the best attitude to have concerning mimosas.

Right?? haha especially when I've already paid for them in the cost of the room! lol

We're kind of at that place. Maybe if we stop booking it every trip, those random times when we do eat there will seem better!

That's basically what was happening to us. I would book it because it almost felt like if you could get it you should and then we had so many lunches there that were all blah that I stopped!

Huh weird I feel like when we were there in January they used our magic bands.

I wonder if the system was just down or something? I'm thinking it may have been a long while since I've eaten there! lol

I didn't realized they served alcohol at lunch there!

Yes mam! It was very hard to find any info on eating lunch here on the meal plan because when you order it doesn't say the QS entitlement includes alcohol but then every place that has alcohol I think is supposed to include it. So I decided just to order the drinks and see what happened at check out and it was all fine! The alcohol and no tip actually made it a pretty decent use of a meal credit considering it was a QS and we could have done a TS for lunch!

100% required

YUP!

Love it! You have a mirrorless, right?

Yes! I went with the Canon M50 and I love it!

I appreciate the Main St train station more and more with each trip

Me too!!

Oh yay! My DH doesn't care for characters either so it's really fun when you get an interaction that actually draws them in. I'm glad you had a good time meeting them!

Yeah Dan has a hard time getting passed the idea that its just someone our age in a costume but the magic definitely got him this time!!

Other than the sudden soaking it looked like a fun first day in the parks!

It was a great day! I didn't even mind the rain because I had been so torn on whether or not we should head to the pool when we got back so Mother Nature made the decision for us! Which was definitely the smart move in the long run considering the late night we had ahead of us!

I was so happy to be there!
That was the other thing Gwen said, that you looked really happy.

Excatly, why not!

I had Dan take some pictures of me with the stained glass before heading out, because that's a must for eating at Be Our Guest, isn't it?

Def a rule

Love this shot!

We had ponchos with us but it was the type of rain where you were going to be soaked no matter what, plus Dan had his sneakers on and was hoping to not have them be drenched on day one of the trip! (Anyone have any tips on ways to prevent that? I never wear sneakers so I don’t have that problem in Disney!)
We are packing 2 pairs of sneakers for each of us for this reason. Hoping at least that will give one pair a chance to dry while wearing the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts