You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

The make your own trail mix bags would more than pay for the price of club level for me!

Honestly, I feel the same about BOG. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t. I think I’m in the “don’t like it” phase right now but glad you guys liked it!

I haven’t done Space in a while. I am getting too old for it!

Cute pics with Mickey and Minnie! I MUST make it a priority to meet them. The last day in the birthday outfits is the first day we are there!

I wish I had a suggestion for the wet sneaker issue. In January my feet were soaked plus it was like 50 degrees so I was freezing! Other than wear galoshes, I got nothing...

All those snacks in club level look sooooo good! I would love to try Club Level one day, but I feel like I would be spoiled and never be able to not stay CL again and my wallet would not approve LOL.

I love the shot of the castle through the train station circle. I've seen people take that before, but I never remember to do it.

I love the beginning part of a trip and it looks like you guys are having a great first day! I am so intrigued by club level, unlimited snacks and drinks are really my kind of thing.

Okay, it is kind of weird about the cast member at the front desk forgetting who you were after you changed clothes BUT in college I worked in a shop that did passport pictures and they took a few minutes to develop so people would often go browse other stores in the area and then come back for them. I would honestly not recognize the people when they came back even though I had just taken a picture of them, so I kinda relate to the CM 😅

The Mickey and Minnie meet sounds so fun! I guess I never thought to see them together in the MK because we usually catch them in Epcot in the Character Spot. But now I'm definitely second guessing that decision.

Good timing with the Starbucks run. I remember that rainstorm; it was pretty rough!
When I run in the rain, I put duct tape over the toe portion of my shoes to keep them dry. It's ugly as heck, but it works. :rotfl2:

I'm here!

I love the CR but have never stayed club level (there, or anywhere else!), but it looks amazing!

You guys are off to a great start with your vlog! You'd never know you're brand new at it!

That was the other thing Gwen said, that you looked really happy.

Very happy!!

We are packing 2 pairs of sneakers for each of us for this reason. Hoping at least that will give one pair a chance to dry while wearing the other.

Hope the nicer weather this weekend keeps up for your whole trip!

QUOTE="StarWarsMomofGirls!, post: 60965061, member: 564656"]
I cheated and watched ahead last night. It was getting me in the mood for our trip!

I love how Mickey and Minnie came up to the camera!
[/QUOTE]

Hahaha totally allowed!! It was such a fun M&G!!

Aw man, I'm gone for less than a week and I'm already 4 pages behind! Late to the game but joining in finally!

Woo! :welcome:

The make your own trail mix bags would more than pay for the price of club level for me!

Dan loved it!!

Honestly, I feel the same about BOG. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t. I think I’m in the “don’t like it” phase right now but glad you guys liked it!

Yeah I think when its over done it can get old fast!! I probably won't do it again for a while!

I haven’t done Space in a while. I am getting too old for it!

Oh no!! I'll be sad if I ever can't ride it. It was making me motion sick for a while but that seems to have passed!

Cute pics with Mickey and Minnie! I MUST make it a priority to meet them. The last day in the birthday outfits is the first day we are there!

Definitely!! So much fun!

I wish I had a suggestion for the wet sneaker issue. In January my feet were soaked plus it was like 50 degrees so I was freezing! Other than wear galoshes, I got nothing...

That seems like no fun at all!

All those snacks in club level look sooooo good! I would love to try Club Level one day, but I feel like I would be spoiled and never be able to not stay CL again and my wallet would not approve LOL.

Hahaha its hard to not have it once you do!! Disney's "upgrades to CL" are the smartest thing they do. We never would have even tried it if it wasn't for them giving us CL access at WL last year!

I love the shot of the castle through the train station circle. I've seen people take that before, but I never remember to do it.

I usually don't remember but it comes out so cool!!

I love the beginning part of a trip and it looks like you guys are having a great first day! I am so intrigued by club level, unlimited snacks and drinks are really my kind of thing.

It's really an awesome thing to add onto your stay (if its a good deal). The breakfast alone really helps us out and then the drinks are a nice bonus!!

Okay, it is kind of weird about the cast member at the front desk forgetting who you were after you changed clothes BUT in college I worked in a shop that did passport pictures and they took a few minutes to develop so people would often go browse other stores in the area and then come back for them. I would honestly not recognize the people when they came back even though I had just taken a picture of them, so I kinda relate to the CM 😅

Hahaha it wasn't so much that he forgot me, moreso that when we walked up he acted like we weren't CL people. Almost like why are these people bothering me lol but like I said, it was probably moreso my personal feelings rather than what was actually happening!

The Mickey and Minnie meet sounds so fun! I guess I never thought to see them together in the MK because we usually catch them in Epcot in the Character Spot. But now I'm definitely second guessing that decision.

It was a really great meet, but does kind of kill me to use a FP for! lol

Good timing with the Starbucks run. I remember that rainstorm; it was pretty rough!
When I run in the rain, I put duct tape over the toe portion of my shoes to keep them dry. It's ugly as heck, but it works. :rotfl2:

It was intense!! lol and I might need to throw some duct tape in my bag! lol

I'm here!

Yay! :welcome:

I love the CR but have never stayed club level (there, or anywhere else!), but it looks amazing!

It was awesome!

You guys are off to a great start with your vlog! You'd never know you're brand new at it!

Thank you!!

Doing my best to get all caught up today around the boards. I love to sit with coffee and read about everyone's trips!

Getting caught in $ixbucks isn't a bad way to wait off a rainstorm. I can think of worse places. LOL!

The Atrium looked like a great way to start your day! How nice you could get some takeaway snacks!

BOG was nice the first couple of times but feels a bit like a cafeteria now with fancy decorations. The last time we did it, the food was very meh and we could hardly hear ourselves. But that Bellini sure looked good!

Doing my best to get all caught up today around the boards. I love to sit with coffee and read about everyone's trips!

Sounds like a great way to enjoy everyone's reports!

Getting caught in $ixbucks isn't a bad way to wait off a rainstorm. I can think of worse places. LOL!

Definitely not a bad place to be caught!!

Atrium looked like a great way to start your day! How nice you could get some takeaway snacks!

It was awesomeee

BOG was nice the first couple of times but feels a bit like a cafeteria now with fancy decorations. The last time we did it, the food was very meh and we could hardly hear ourselves. But that Bellini sure looked good!

Haha that's exactly what kept me away for a long while! It was nice to do this trip but it definitely is still a once and a while lunch! I would much rather head over to Skippers Canteen for a nice lunch!

Haha that's exactly what kept me away for a long while! It was nice to do this trip but it definitely is still a once and a while lunch! I would much rather head over to Skippers Canteen for a nice lunch!
Yep, and I'll be at Skippers this coming trip. I just like the theming better (so many hidden gems in there and nods to the old Adventurer's Club and even Jocks!) and the food is more my deal.

Yep, and I'll be at Skippers this coming trip. I just like the theming better (so many hidden gems in there and nods to the old Adventurer's Club and even Jocks!) and the food is more my deal.

I SO miss the Adventurer's Club. If they could bring one thing back for me this would totally be it. (Hey Disney, please oh please give us an Adventurer's Club SOMEWHERE in Disney! lol)

One of my favorite memories in Disney was there. My Dad who is a big 6'4" guy who was a cop for 30 years was called up to be a village person for the YMCA and it was HILARIOUS. I was pretty young at the time and I can remember it so vividly!

I SO miss the Adventurer's Club. If they could bring one thing back for me this would totally be it. (Hey Disney, please oh please give us an Adventurer's Club SOMEWHERE in Disney! lol)

One of my favorite memories in Disney was there. My Dad who is a big 6'4" guy who was a cop for 30 years was called up to be a village person for the YMCA and it was HILARIOUS. I was pretty young at the time and I can remember it so vividly!
Sadly, while I read a LOT about it and wished so hard to get there someday, they shuttered it before I could go. :( I'm still VERY sad about this! Like... a lot.

That sounds hilarious about your Dad! Have you done HDDR?? I wonder if he could make a debut on that stage too? LOL!

I miss the Adventurer's club too!! It is something I remember from a trip I took in the summer going into 8th grade! I wish they would bring it back so DH could experience it!

Also, that Bellini looks SO GOOD! I have to get one on our September trip!

Day 1 Part 4 Thursday June 13th

With all of the rain coming down, we were pretty thankful that once we got back to the Contemporary we were already in our building and didn’t have to venture back outside! I had contemplated having us spending some time at the pool this afternoon but it was nice to not have to decide what we should do and instead take some time to relax!

I had requested the room that we had during our upgraded one night stay the previous July and we were given the room right next to it. (I am pretty sure the end room was bigger but this room was still nice!) I like this end of the Contemporary because we always had a nice view of the castle and Space Mountain walking back to our room. Plus, Chef Mickeys is on the other end so no worries about noise but I’m not sure that’s really an issue on the CL floor!

We were so excited to be in our room and to see what it looked like!

- Room tour video led by DH if anyone is interested!

We were even gifted with an adorable box of chocolates that had one with a picture of the Contemporary on it and three smaller chocolates.

It was SUCH a nice surprise to find in our room and really made us feel welcome.

I was feeling like I was on cloud 9!

After some resting and watching dumb TV (our show of choice on vacation is Naked and Afraid haha) we made our way down to the club to see what they had out for dinner. They had lots of yummy options out!

We grabbed what we wanted and made our way back to our room to enjoy our food and drinks out on our balcony.

We were both very satisfied with the dinner offerings and were definitely full after eating!

Even though we were just sitting on our balcony, this dinner was one of my favorites. It was so relaxing and you definitely can’t beat that view of Bay Lake! I know the Theme Park View is technically more money but I think the Bay Lake View is definitely my preferred view, too much parking lot and concrete the other direction!

While we were enjoying our dinner, we heard a knock at our door and were completely shocked that they were dropping off ANOTHER welcome dish with chocolates and chocolate covered strawberries!

Between the chocolates already in our room and the second surprise we were both feeling very welcomed!! I’m not sure why we received them but we were so appreciative!

Around this time, we made our way down to the Contempo Café to pick up our refillable mugs. We weren’t sure we would use them much but since they were included in our meal plan we figured why not! Plus they had the different designs available, I went with the Buzz/Pixar mug and Dan went with the Mickey mug

After we snagged our Mickey refllable mugs, it was time for some shopping! I love the giftshops at the Contemporary and I had some things in mind I really wanted to get!

The first being the purple spirit jersey so I could match Joy's!

I also wanted to get a Contemporary pin since they didn't have one last year after our one night stay and they still didn't have any! I was pretty bummed but I found other pins I wanted!

The birthday Mickey one since we had such a great M&G with them in their birthday costumes and a Villain pin to commemorate Villains AHs! (Since Disney decided to not release a Villains AH pin lol)

I was tempted to buy this backpack because I really wanted it for our Disneyland trip in November but I stopped myself! I mostly figured we had another trip or two before then and could get it on a future trip. And good thing too because I actually just ordered it online this week and it was nearly half off!

The last thing we looked at were the full size bottles of the room shampoo and body wash since Dan loves them so much. We didn't get them this night but we did end up getting them later in the trip!

While there was definitely time to take a nap today if we had wanted to, we actually weren’t feeling super tired and just the resting in the room with the A/C and our chill dinner was enough to revive us for our exciting evening at the Magic Kingdom for Villain After Hours!

Sadly, while I read a LOT about it and wished so hard to get there someday, they shuttered it before I could go. :( I'm still VERY sad about this! Like... a lot.

That sounds hilarious about your Dad! Have you done HDDR?? I wonder if he could make a debut on that stage too? LOL!

Thats such a shame!!

Haha I actually went with him to HDDR when I was 8! He didn't get called up though haha But when my brother was like six he got called up by Piano Bob at Port Orleans to be Tarzan once which is another favorite memory for me!

I am really trying to get my whole family to do a big Disney trip at some point but I doubt that will happen. HDDR would be high on my list to do though!! I am getting to do it with DH, my Mom, and Aunts this September so it should be super fun! Especially since its been 20 years since I've done it!

I miss the Adventurer's club too!! It is something I remember from a trip I took in the summer going into 8th grade! I wish they would bring it back so DH could experience it!

The adventurer's club is one thing I can't believe Disney hasn't brought back in some capacity. Like I understand why they got rid of Pleasure Island but they basically have created the same thing with all of the lounges in Disney Springs that it seems like it would make sense to bring back!!

Also, that Bellini looks SO GOOD! I have to get one on our September trip!

It was very good! Definitely recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter