You have an inspiring board........

Dare2Wish

Mouseketeer
and I need all the inspiration I can get. Over the past 10 years I've gained about 40 pounds. I'm generally a happy person, except when it comes to my weight. I used to be a size 10 and I was very happy with myself. Right now, I'm wearing a 16. It's been hard for me to admit it to myself. For the longest time I refused to buy anything over a 12 because that would mean "giving in" to my size.

I've been around the Dis and have seen this board before. Lately, I've been seeing all those little banners with everyone's weight loss success on them. Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well.:D

Well, I'm ready to try now. I just have to figure out how I'll do it. I don't want to do Weight Watchers because I don't want to go out and get "officially weighed in" by someone. Back in High School I dealt with an eating disorder that I was lucky enough to overcome. It all started because of the scale. I don't keep a scale in the house anymore because I don't want those "Me -VS- the Scale" feelings to come back. I figure out my weight gain/loss by how my clothes fit.

I'm looking into Atkins, but I'm not a real big Meat eater. I'll have to do more research on that.

I guess I'm going to start out by cutting back and resisting snacks. I also plan to exercise. I think my weight gain is a result of stopping my exercise routine after college.

Sorry to be so long and strange. :D Thanks for having this board here. It really makes me feel like I'm not alone in this.:D

Welcome aboard!!!

Sounds like you are ready to make some healthy changes in your life - good for you! :) I like the idea of cutting back and resisting snacks (although fruit is a good snack idea if you are really hungry!) Make sure you drink plenty of water! :) And fit in some exercise - every little bit helps, taking the stairs, parking further away in the parking lot, etc. :) And read and post here as OFTEN as you can - TRUST ME on that one!!!! This is such an incredible forum, so many great people with positive attitudes just ready to lend you a hand or congratulate you on any accomplishment you make! :) Whether you make it once around the block or jog your first mile, decide to skip fast food for lunch or say no to that big dessert floating around the office, we are always looking for something to celebrate!!! :)

Welcome to the DIS and welcome to WISH (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy)

I'm excited you're here and that you're ready to start a journey towards a healthier life! I know I have found great support in this board!! Even though we're all doing different things, we can all support one another in some way. In fact, I may be the only person here doing my thing (weigh down workshop) but I still find tons of support here! Just knowing that there are other people out there looking to be healthier by increasing exercise or "dieting" gives me the kick in the butt I need sometimes!

Again, welcome! Jump in whenever you've got a question or a comment.

Welcome:D and good luck with your weight loss! It sounds like you have a plan and all you need is the encouragement to stick with it and there is lots of that here! Just cutting back, increasing your exercise and drinking water maybe all it will take for you. Good luck with your journey.
Kathe

Dare2Wish,

I completely understand your thoughts of not wanting to go to a meeting and "weigh in" in front of everyone. The thought of that terrified me. But Weight Watchers has a program where you can join via the internet - same program, but no meetings to attend. You could join, get the materials, and follow it on your own - whether you weigh yourself or attend a meeting is totally up to you.

I lost 30 pounds last year following WW and have been able to keep it off since January. I never joined WW - a good friend who was a member and understood my fears gave me the materials, and I did it on my own. I wish I had known about this board a year ago! My plan is to enjoy this for a while and then try to loose 20 more pounds later this year.

So good luck to you! If I can do it, you can, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter