You knew it was coming: Fries

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
A lot of talk about fast food the past few days.

Some posters mentioned they either like the fries in certain places, or don't like the fries in certain places.

So let's hear it, what are your likes, dislikes, and favorites?

For some reason I can't tolerate the waffle fries from Chik Fil A. One or two maybe, but that's it, or I get sick.

And don't really like really thin fries if they're hard. So don't really like McD's fries.

For fast food, would have to say Wendy's fries are my favorite when they're fresh and good. Sometimes they're not fresh and sort of greasy and limp.

I like the onion rings at BK.

Well, I've pretty much never met a fry I really hated. :rotfl2:

I do sometimes go for onion rings if they are available. And there is a local diner that really good sweet potato fries (which I dip in blue cheese dressing).

My favorite fast food chain fries were probably the curly ones at Arby's, but I don't have that where I live now. Next were the 'Satisfries' that Burger King had for a while. But my old standby are the McDonald's ones - just like when I was kid.

For fast food, would have to say Wendy's fries are my favorite when they're fresh and good. Sometimes they're not fresh and sort of greasy and limp.

I agree ... Wendy's is the best for fast food fries. Though, I think this is pretty much between BK, Wendy's, and CFA for me, since I don't think I've had any others in the past couple of years. Occasionally they seem like they didn't season them well, but usually they're good. Oh I forgot Bojangles. Those are really good too, but I think Wendy's still wins.

At restaurants where they are an option, I will always choose the sweet potato fries over regular.

Wendy's fries are good. gotta have that chocolate frosty, though..
Onion rings at Culver's are amazing.
McD fries are good when hot and fresh

Wendy's for fast food hands down.

Non-fast food, best fries are Ocean City Boardwalk at Thrasher's French Fries. 2nd would be Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Third would be Potato Patch Fries at Kennywood.

Again I am coming in and saying Canes. I love theirs.

I usually get another side at Popeyes.

Those are really the only 2 fast food places I go to with any regularity.

McDonalds fries have become inedible. They used to be the best, but the last few years, they have just been tasteless and gross. We don’t even order fries when we go there any more.

I never forgave Wendy’s for changing their fries, so have never eaten the new ones.

Chick-fil-A fries are good. Those are really the only fast food fries I eat. At Sonic I get tater tots and Whataburger I get onion rings.

I never forgave Wendy’s for changing their fries, so have never eaten the new ones.

Hahahaha. Same here. I haven't been to a Wendy's in YEARS, the fries were so gross. They had those little bumps on them. Did they change? I didn't even know!

All fast food fries are on a case by case basis. When McD's are good, they're pretty good. Chick fil a's with their sauce are good. Five Guys are more consistently good than others. Those are pretty much the only fast food chains I've done over the last few years.

It's easier for me to say what fries I don't like. And there aren't too many so long as they're hot and salty. I guess I don't like Hardees or BK, but it's been forever since I've eaten at either one. They don't seem to get really crisp. I don't like Steak & Shake because they're teeny-weeny and you don't get a lot of the soft interior--it's mostly hard exterior.

I rarely, rarely eat at McDonalds (probably been a few years at this point since I've been at one), but when I do, I MUST have the fries. I'm a sucker for those things.

McDonald's when they are hot and fresh which is hard to get anymore. Cane's are good but its mostly the fries with the Cane's sauce.

Any place that has onion rings, that's what I get. They always seem to be hot and fresh and crispy.

Put a fry in front of me, I'm probably going to eat it.

That said, I really like Five Guys fries. For drive thru, I like Chick fil A, Wendy's, and Zaxby's. I prefer thicker with skin on mine. I never loved McDonald's for that reason.

When McDonald's fries are cooked properly, fresh, and properly salted, they are the best! I also enjoy Whataburger fries, but they're not even close.
My least favorite are In 'n Out and Five Guys, I can't say that Five Guys are necessarily bad, but when Fries are in the name, they need to be awesome, and they're not.

I have a Greek place nearby that does big thick cut fries, super soft on the inside, super crunchy outside. Then they cover them with feta and balsamic dressing. I live for them.
Second place goes to Rally's seasoned fries which are like Arby's but better, always crunchy and delicious.
Third goes to Freddy's. Dunno if anyone has one of these but they're a custard and steakburger chain and it's like Steak and Shake dialed up to 11. It's fantastic!
If Wendy's or McD's have a fresh batch those are fourth place but they have to be fresh. Can't stand Chik fil A's which is just fine because I boycott them anyways. And a pox on any place that gives me tater tots instead of fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter