You knew it was coming: Fries

Precisely why I wasn't thrilled about Red Robin unlimited french fries. Why would I want unlimited fries when they are just garbage frozen crinkle cut fries?

Red Robin is fat fries.

img.jpg

Toss their seasoning and they're actually pretty good. At least one time a manager said I was getting cut off. Another time someone was just around randomly looking to drop baskets of fries on tables.

Red Robin is fat fries.

img.jpg

Toss their seasoning and they're actually pretty good. At least one time a manager said I was getting cut off. Another time someone was just around randomly looking to drop baskets of fries on tables.

Wait, they’re unlimited. How come they cut you off?!

Red Robin is fat fries.

img.jpg

That's not what I got at Red Robin. They were frozen crinkle cut.

Waffle fries, followed by Krinkled Cut fries, medium size and then shoe string fries.......................................................................................................steak fries.

Wait, they’re unlimited. How come they cut you off?!

One of life's big mysteries. I think I was on my 3rd, and the refills were actually kind of puny. Of course I'm not going to sue them like this guy I heard about who was upset that he was cut off at an oyster buffet after over 100.

That's not what I got at Red Robin. They were frozen crinkle cut.

I have never seen that at any Red Robin. Never even heard if it or seen any picture of that at a Red Robin. They certainly don't advertise that. Every single photo on their website shows normal thick-cut fries that they call "steak fries". They have thinner sweet potato fries though.

What location?

No, there's not enough to share amongst several people, LOL.
I know your quote got messed up.

Maybe to you there's not enough to share amongst several people but there sure is to the people I've been with and we love fries. IDK maybe y'all just eat a ton more fries per person than we do (no insult intended) or the locations around here are more generous who knows.

Maybe to you there's not enough to share amongst several people but there sure is to the people I've been with and we love fries. IDK maybe y'all just eat a ton more fries per person than we do (no insult intended) or the locations around here are more generous who knows.

Where we live, they dump a ton of fries into your bag. They even tell you that one is enough to share. We usually get the medium size and share with the 4 of us. Maybe their locations is really stingy.

Where we live, they dump a ton of fries into your bag. They even tell you that one is enough to share. We usually get the medium size and share with the 4 of us. Maybe their locations is really stingy.

Yeah, the first time I went to Five Guys I saw them put my fries in the bag, then my burger, then the guy takes a full scoop of fries and just dumps them into the bag. I was like, "what?" I didn't even realize that was standard practice until we got a Five Guys here. It's always been that way for me.

Sorry to offend, guess you didn't notice the "LOL"...

Yeah, have 1 location that I was surprised they didn't load up the fries. The closer location (none are close, but worth to go for a good burger) we could all share (16 and 19 yo girls) but they work fantastic reheated in the toaster oven. That's tomorrow nights fries for the steak salad at home :D (that should give you the location, LOL)

I have a Greek place nearby that does big thick cut fries, super soft on the inside, super crunchy outside. Then they cover them with feta and balsamic dressing. I live for them.
Second place goes to Rally's seasoned fries which are like Arby's but better, always crunchy and delicious.
Third goes to Freddy's. Dunno if anyone has one of these but they're a custard and steakburger chain and it's like Steak and Shake dialed up to 11. It's fantastic!
If Wendy's or McD's have a fresh batch those are fourth place but they have to be fresh. Can't stand Chik fil A's which is just fine because I boycott them anyways. And a pox on any place that gives me tater tots instead of fries.
There is a very local place that has Korean fusion kind of cuisine. Anyhow, they do fries with bulgogi beef, kim chi, some kind of cheese sauce...OMG.

I am also with your on tater tots or even Arby's hashbrown things...I mean I don't mind hashbrowns or tots, but I can't help but think I'd rather have fries. (Toothsome Tatchos were good, though, probably would be even better with fries!)

Now I am mad at myself for opening this thread again because I really don't need to be thinking about fries.

We used to have a location of a chain called "Elevation Burger". Our location is closed but there are still some around the US. They had shoestring fries. I was not impressed. At all. It was very disappointing, really. They were advertised as gluten free and cooked in olive oil. Maybe it was just a problem with our location, I dunno, but they were limp and lifeless. Not at all good.

Nobody has brought up poutine in 5 pages?

There is a very local place that has Korean fusion kind of cuisine. Anyhow, they do fries with bulgogi beef, kim chi, some kind of cheese sauce...OMG.

We've got some fusion fries here. A food truck operator called KoJa Kitchen (Korean-Japanese). Their signature item are "kamikaze fries" - described as "Crisscut waffle fries, minced korean bbq beef, kimchi, red sauce, japanese mayo, green onions".

menu-img-04.png

I'm just thinking there was this place that had great fries but it's gone now - at least locally - reduced to their original location in Venice Beach and another one at an outlet mall in the Mojave Desert. It was a Southern California based hot dog chain called Jody Maroni's Sausage Kingdom (please resist the urge to ridicule the name). They had these double cooked fries that were insanely good. I could see how they set aside the initial cooking before the final frying to get them to a nice crisp outside with a tender inside. They were perfect.

Jody_Maronis_Gourmet_Shop.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter