You know it's the End of Days when ... (another resale prices post)

I was actually just wondering about prices. I am trying to help my friend find a contract for AKL and the prices are way higher than when I purchased a year ago. Whats going on?

DH has been watching the prices increase since we submitted our resale bid earlier this summer.

So glad I got my BLT at $100pp, and it passed ROFR! I'm sure you're so happy about yours as well!

I honestly don't get it with BLT being more than VGF, but that's just my personal preference.

So glad I got my BLT at $100pp, and it passed ROFR! I'm sure you're so happy about yours as well!

I honestly don't get it with BLT being more than VGF, but that's just my personal preference.

Perhaps people finally realize a short walk over to MK offered by BLT is "worth" more than the Victorian luxury offered by VGF? Hey, I am not complaining as a BLT owner!

LAX

I remember not that long ago when the Canadian Dollar was at par - around 2012 - and points for BWI were low - I think some in the 60's, definitely the 70's. I kick myself for not going for it back then. If only for that crystal ball .... lol

All 3 of my dvc contracts are at BLT (paid 100pp for all 3), it's tempting to sell one of them and take a chance that I would be able to buy a similar one back at some point down the line and turn a profit. But at the end of the day I love my Points. I can't currently part with them.

I keep getting more and more frustrated with the prices of these contracts. The prices keep going up and up and they seem insanely high. I'm trying to be patient and am willing to wait to find the right contract for me at the right price, but I'm getting worried we're not going to see even a little dip in cost as winter approaches.

I believe the current activity of building going on at Disney World has caused people to hold on to contracts they otherwise would be selling until they can experience all the new stuff. Plus, the turnaround of the economy or at least the idea that it's turning around, is allowing people to keep paying MF on contracts they aren't currently using. In leaner times, they would be selling.

So we seem to have a case of more buyers than sellers right now, driving up prices. This could be the case for several years.

Even though it is a small data set, the current ROFR thread seems to show DVC paying quite a bit more for "Taken" VGF contracts than BLT. I don't know if BLT is actually "selling" for more than VGF, or people are just getting carried away with their asking price.

! So glad you got a BLT contract past ROFR! We bought 5-6 mo ago at $106 pp and it is seeming like such a great deal now. Now I wish we'd bought more! I also don't get it, as we love VGF.

Perhaps people finally realize a short walk over to MK offered by BLT is "worth" more than the Victorian luxury offered by VGF? Hey, I am not complaining as a BLT owner!

LAX

I'm not necessarily complaining, either, but --- we were just at VGF a few weeks ago and the short monorail hop to MK was super easy. And the restaurants and shops at VGF, and the bigger studios... We bought BLT because on balance there were a lot of factors that made the most sense for us. But price per point was one of them - had the resale contracts been priced about the same per point at the time we were buying, we very well could have ended up at VGF instead.

Even though it is a small data set, the current ROFR thread seems to show DVC paying quite a bit more for "Taken" VGF contracts than BLT. I don't know if BLT is actually "selling" for more than VGF, or people are just getting carried away with their asking price.

That is definitely a possibility. BLT contracts' asking prices have been trending upwards quickly, it seems.

I have been watching the BLT resale listings for a while. While there are a couple listed in the $140-$150 range, I do not see them moving at all. It is probably just partially motivated sellers who are looking to see if anyone will take them up on their offers. These are also for smaller contracts, which tend to command a higher price per point. Prices have gone up, it seems, to the $120-$130 range on most contracts that are over 100 points, which is higher than it was earlier this summer, but still much cheaper than VGF. The increase in BLT prices seems to be in line with increases that we are seeing in other resorts throughout the summer

I have been watching the BLT resale listings for a while. While there are a couple listed in the $140-$150 range, I do not see them moving at all. It is probably just partially motivated sellers who are looking to see if anyone will take them up on their offers. These are also for smaller contracts, which tend to command a higher price per point. Prices have gone up, it seems, to the $120-$130 range on most contracts that are over 100 points, which is higher than it was earlier this summer, but still much cheaper than VGF. The increase in BLT prices seems to be in line with increases that we are seeing in other resorts throughout the summer

There is a 100 point contract asking $145. And it is not loaded.

We bought our AKV contract at the end of 2015 - at a pp of ~$76 (for a smaller contract 120 pts. We were considering adding on a little and were shocked at the increase -- could it be Pandora? could this be a push by resale companies to bump up the prices or could this be a supply and demand issue? So many variables that it will be interesting to see if the maintenance fee due push will flood the market and drive down the PP.

I would really like to get another contract at an EP resort or add on somewhere else. But it's not going to happen with prices like these.

If most people hold out because of increasing prices then later this year when MF are due then we might not see the same drop in prices as usual as there are more buyers for the contracts.

I'm also a BLT owner which bought late last year for 104 pp glad the prices has increased. Hopefully they are still high when I decide to sell down the line :-)

I would really like to get another contract at an EP resort or add on somewhere else. But it's not going to happen with prices like these.
You just need to look for the right contract. There are still out there. I'd had an offer accepted on a BwV for 90$ pp almost fully loaded.

You just need to look for the right contract. There are still out there. I'd had an offer accepted on a BwV for 90$ pp almost fully loaded.
Dang! You were selling a BWV contract??
:rolleyes:

Yes, right now I am still in the phase of looking and seeing what's out there, and just watching trends. We have a specific UY and price in mind, and have plenty of time to wait for the right contract since our BLT contract is supplying all the points we need for 2018.

Actually, *I* have a specific UY and price in mind, and my DH wants to buy BCV.

Dang! You were selling a BWV contract??
:rolleyes:

Yes, right now I am still in the phase of looking and seeing what's out there, and just watching trends. We have a specific UY and price in mind, and have plenty of time to wait for the right contract since our BLT contract is supplying all the points we need for 2018.

Actually, *I* have a specific UY and price in mind, and my DH wants to buy BCV.

I'm the buyer :-)

I had to accept a different UY but as it's a 150 point contract it's ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter