You know what really bugs me??

W

WebmasterAlex

People that fight over what is the "best diet".
There isn't one...
When they put these diet doctors on TV and they argue why theirs is the only way...cause they want to sell more books.

There was a famous Doctor back in the 70's named George Sheehan.. he was one of the founders of the running movement.
He used to say "everyone is an experiment of one"
You ARE.....

If you try Atkins and it doesn't work so what? Don't get down on yourself just say "that didn't work... I'll try weight watchers"
Then the zone....sugarbusters..... maybe just eating healthy!!
Maybe you will eat the same and take up running and that will throw you over...
WHO CARES... find what is right for you...

But don't get down on yourself because something didn't work and don't let it discourage you from trying something else....

Bravo, Alex. I agree with you 100%. I have found the best plan for me :)

find what is right for you...

Alex, no truer words were ever spoken. Take a bow
bow.gif
, my friend!

I agree too! We are all on our way to our goals, each person's goals are individual as is how they will get there. The main thing is support each other.

Like the principle in Grease said... If you can't be an athlete be an athletic supporter! :p :p :p :p :p

In other words, choose your method of weight loss, don't be negative, and support each other!

I totally agree, Alex! And, even beyond that . . . I think it works best when it's a life change -- NOT a diet. That's what low carb is for me -- a way of life. I intend to eat low carb for the rest of my life. It makes me feel good! The weight loss is just a side benefit (39 lb. so far, total). Without the life change, the weight would come right back.

Pat

225 days and counting . . . again!

Very true words Alex!

Low Carb is what is working for ME! I have to admit that I'd LOVE for everyone to give it a try;) - but I know it isn't for everyone. My Dear Friend is doing terrific on WW! And I am so proud of her. She respects MY PLAN and I respect HERS! We support each other in our choices knowing that we are both working towards the same goal.

The past couple days I was so worried that this was going to turn in to not only a bashing each other for the programs they are chosing to do BUT critizing them for the way they chose to do them. I hope it never turns in to that. I really look forward to the support that this board is providing to EVERYONE!

There are WW boards, and low carb boards, and probably low fat boards too. But this is the only 'community weight loss board' that I've visited. I think it is helpful for people to see the successes of all of the different programs we are working with.

GO ALEX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You tell em!!!! You are so right!! ANd I also agree with inky dinky doo it has to be a lifechange!! And you have to be really ready and really committed to doing it or it will not work!!!! You have to be able to give it 150% alll the tiime!!!! Now I am not saying you will not have a bad day here and there but to be able to have the mindset to not let it get you down and jump right back on!!!

Exactly! :)

Pat - I agree with you! Low carb works best for me because I feel great when I'm eating this way! The weight loss is wonderful, but how I feel is more important! I tried WW, and I was constantly hungry, crabby, and tired. But, when I eat low carb I have energy and I feel good!

But, I have a good friend who is doing wonderful on WW! She's lost 30 pounds, and looks & feels great!

Every body is different, you just have to find the right way of eating for YOU!

Thanks Alex! :Pinkbounc

And THAT my dear WISH Buddies, is what makes this board so GREAT!. We support each other in our GOALS, "...by any means necessary." :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Keep the Faith!
Tracy:wave:

Well said Alex. I tend to be an advocate of low carb - because it has had such dramatic positive effects for me... but the truth is.... each person must find their own way to what works for them long term.

Wishing everyone success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter