You may not remember me, but I reached my goal weight today

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
Hi DIS'ers! I haven't been around much at all for quite a while. But I wanted to pop in and give a word of encouragement. I remember when WISH started.

I'm 40 years old and 5'10". I started Weight Watchers on 12/3/01. I lost 50 pounds in the first 10 months. The next 25 pounds took 7 months. I received my 75 pound magnet in June 2003 -- and then I stopped trying very hard. I did maintain, but didn't lose anymore until recently when I decided to get back to losing. I had attended meetings faithfully the whole time.

I started at 227.8 and hit 150 TODAY!!!

Yes, it took 2 years, but so what? I was going to be 2 years older, I might as well be 77.8 pounds lighter.

My favorite quote is: Success stops when you do.

Wow!! Congrats Mom to 3 from a fellow Middle TN Wisher! Perserverance is the key!

WAY TO GO!!!!! :teeth: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Mary - congrats on reaching your goal!

I love your quote too...thanks for posting your success - it's inspiring to know that people actually can make their lives better and more healthy!

-Laurie

That's fantastic, Mary! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

You're right too. It doesn't matter how long the journey takes. The fact that you did it is what's important. I'm so happy for you that all of your hard work paid off.

Enjoy the new you! :)

That is wonderful news:jumping1: . Thanks for coming by and sharing with us. I think it is great that you pushed ahead and made your goal. It doesn't matter how long it took you, just knowing you got there and I'm sure you'll work hard at maintaining at that goal. Congratulations!!!!!:D

I remember you! It's so great to see you here again and what an inspiration you are for me.

I'm so proud of you!

Congratulations on that wonderful accomplishment.

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight :jumping1: It really doesn't matter how long it took you to get to your goal, it's the fact that you got there that counts. Well done ::yes::

Congratulations to you for sticking to it and reaching goal. No matter how long it took, you should be proud! That is such a wonderful accomplishment!! Thank you for coming back and sharing your success with us.....it is a great motivator.

Congratulations from another Mary! I still have a long way to go, but your story is an inspiration to me and I can't wait for the day when I post I also made goal! Great job!

WOO-HOO, Mary!!!

That is wonderful!!! WOW you have lost a LOT of weight!!!! And it doesn't matter how long it took, YOU DID IT!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! You are a great inspiration!!!! :)

Great job, Mary! What an accomplishment. You are indeed an inspiration.

Do you have any before and after photos? They must be incredible.

NancyJ

Good for you. I love the philosophy that you were going to be two years older anyway!!! I am trying to get healthy by exercising (3x a week at Curves) and sensible eating. I know this is going to take some time. I didn't put it on overnight and it's not going to come overnight, either. You are an inspiration to all of us!

You should be proud of your accomplishment!

Congrats :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks for your words of inspiration! I like to look at it this way ... it took me 11 years for all that weight to go on, and if it comes off slowly, I think I'll be able to keep it off more easily. You have accomplished something absolutely fabulous, and we're all proud of you.

Mary-Liz

:wave2:

Thanks for all of the congrats! I forgot to add this:

I took one of those life expectancy tests based on weight, exercise habits, and food choices before and now.

It's chilling....

I added 16 years to my life expectancy!

What a great accomplishment!!! It is nice to know that eventually a change in lifestyle REALLY does make a big differance!!!! Gret job. Enjoy the new you!!!
Liz
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

antmaril already said it, but it's worth repeating: those two years were going to pass regardless of your weightloss.
It doesn't matter how long/short it takes. What matters is that YOU did it. And that you stick with it! Congratulations!!!

Wow Mary!! That is a huge accomplishment!! Congratulations to you!! It is nice to see you posting here again!! :) I am so proud of you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter