You:On a Diet

DisDee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone read and or used this book for their weight loss guide? Its on sale at Borders today-half off, and I was thinking about buying it. Any comments would be appreciated!

I have read the book but I have not started the program. I do a lot of the program already but I think with Lent starting tomorrow, I may just get it out and follow it for the next 6 weeks and see what happens.

There is a lot of reading and some of it very medical but the diet seems easy to follow.

I did buy the book on sale. I just started to read it, so I'll post when I have more info. I love to read, so if this program isn't for me, I'll be listing it on ebay.

Bought the book, haven't gotten around to it yet.

Just ordered another book (or set of books, really) called the Fat Flush Plan. My hairdresser just dropped 65 lbs on it and looks fantastic. She started on the plan after plateau-ing on WW (which is what I'm dealing with), and said the fat just melted off. I have to try this!

I bought this book too. So far everything in it makes sense to me. I have not tried the diet part yet but probably will start soon as I can buy some stuff from the grocery list. Alot of the dinner recipes are not food me or my family would eat though. I have tried the trick of eating a few nuts before a meal so I get full easier and it works but the next day I was on the couch with a belly ache. I guess I can't digest nuts, also popcorn kills my stomach too!

I bought the book too. I have read a fair amount of it, and though the info makes sense, I really don't think it is something that I could stick to because a lot of the recipes, like someone else mentioned, aren't things that I or my guys would eat. I am not good with formulating a meal plan on my own, so I am not sure how successful I would be trying to apply the info solo.

I just got this book recently also and am almost done w/ it! Just yesterday I started the suggested meal plan and love it. It's very similiar to what I try to eat everyday, but every once and awhile I need a jumpstart and a reminder to help me make sure I'm on track. I was amazed at how much sugar I was consuming through HFCS and everywhere that unbleached or enriched flour was added. I really like this book and find it easy to understand and recommend getting it.

There were only a couple of things that I didn't necessarily agree w/. The first one was the exercise plan. I'm sure it's great it you currently don't work out all, but if you already have an established routine, it's rather basic. The other thing is that they recommended possibly asking your doctor for a nictoine patch to raise your metabolism if you're having a very difficult time getting through a plateau. This is for even if you're a non-smoker! I'm not a doctor, but it doens't sound right. Other than that, I think it's an excellent resource.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter