You want to go to Disney tomorrow?? Okay!! Its a Wrap 9/18

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello all! I have missed you all and have been doing mod duties but really am trying to make time to sharing in the Disney food magic with everyone. For those that don't know me, me is name is Lori and I am one of your Mods for the dining boards. I have visited WDW, DL, DLP, and Tokyo Disney and have enjoyed sharing all of my delicious findings with you all. My husband Peter and son Alexander, who just turned 3 last week joined me in a very last minute trip for my birthday last month. We booked our flights the day before with miles and were able to score a last minute reservation to stay at Coronado Springs. What made this trip different was we did not go to the main parks. Instead we went to the two waters parks, Disney Springs, and a one last trip to Disney Quest. We took it easy and let me tell you it was heaven!!

The pictures may be out of order, but Alexander was all decked out and ready to go for sure! We checked into CSR and then took a bus over MK. Enroute our bus broke down, oh good grief! We driver too everyone over to DHS and we hopped on the Poly as this girl scored a last minute ressie to Ohana for dinner. I swear they seat us at the same table everytime. I told the server they should carve our name in it. Ohana was amazing with great food, good service, and of course coconut races!! We plan on returning in September as I cannot get enough of their shrimp.

IMG_7995.JPG IMG_7995.JPG IMG_7995.JPG IMG_8005.JPG IMG_8003.JPG IMG_8006.JPG IMG_8008.JPG IMG_8009.JPG IMG_8014.JPG IMG_8015.JPG IMG_7975.JPG IMG_7988.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a great start to your trip. I can't believe how big Alexander is now!!!!!!!

Looks like a great start to your trip. I can't believe how big Alexander is now!!!!!!!

He just turned 3 :blush:!! I don't know why I can't get rid of the same picture that's posted three times . Oh well three times the cuteness :rotfl2:

Following along! Your son is so cute in his pilot suit.

We're thinking about doing a water park before a Disney cruise next year. We've never done one & thought it'd be a nice chance to break away from the parks.

Following along! Your son is so cute in his pilot suit.

We're thinking about doing a water park before a Disney cruise next year. We've never done one & thought it'd be a nice chance to break away from the parks.

Thank you so much! He really enjoys that little pilot outfit and was ready for Disney that night for sure. The water parks at Disney are amazing, not crowded and a lot of fun. We prefer Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach, but you really can't go wrong with either one.

The next day we headed over to Blizzard Beach which was so much fun. I had been eyeing the brisket nachos since we arrived there and that is what I had. They were soooo good and worth he calories. My DH and Alexander shared this massive chili cheese hotdog that was incredible as well. It was our first time time to eat at the water parks and it was delicious.

IMG_8779.PNG IMG_8780.PNG

Yum, those nachos look divine. Think we may hit a water park on our next trip so I'l have to keep those in mind

Yum, those nachos look divine. Think we may hit a water park on our next trip so I'l have to keep those in mind
They are worth the trip over there for sure. I can't wait to eat them again next month

IMG_8057.JPG BE8A5740-8D91-4957-8CAF-14762FBDDBC9.jpg IMG_8079.JPG After BB we hung out at the amazing Dig Site Pool at CSR. I tried one of their signature cocktails the Coronado crush which was delicious. The bartenders there are very generous. For dinner we were able to get a last-minute reservation at Sanaa. If that's what we want of our favorite places and we never had a bad meal there . We started off sitting at the bar and enjoy the Kona longboard for our pager went off .
Weeach ordered a smoothie, which is included with the DDP. My husband ordered the lamb vindaloo which is an off the menu item. I had the shrimp Durban and chicken Durban. Instead of the CERT we ordered the full bread service with all the accompaniments. I love that you can substitute an appetizer for a dessert there. The service and food were excellent and we can't wait to return.

Last edited:
Yay! So great to see a new review from you, Lori! Alexander is so grown up now and such a cutie too! You picked two of my faves to review first, you really can't go wrong with either O'hana or Sanaa. Looking forward to reading more!

Didn't know you could swap a dessert for an app at Sanaa. This was on my list to try for next trip and may have just moved up a few spots!

Hey Lori!! Glad to peek at your reviews from your b-day trip!

How incredibly lucky to get your 'Ohana ADR. I think they've changed the salad about three times since we started dining there years ago. Do they still not have the chicken on the skewer?

We've still not made it to Saana despite staying at Kidani in May. I'm going to have to remedy that since I have heard so many great reviews.

Captain Alexander is adorable!

The next day we headed over to Blizzard Beach which was so much fun. I had been eyeing the brisket nachos since we arrived there and that is what I had. They were soooo good and worth he calories.
View attachment 259055 View attachment 259056

First off, I thought calories didn't count at Disney:rotfl: And second...we will be doing the water parks when we go next August. I'm with you that we like Typhoon Lagoon better, but I know we will do both. And while we are at Blizzard Beach, I think I will be trying some of those brisket nachos. They look amazing. If you head back to TL, and like fish and chips, Typhoon Tilly's are REALLY good. We were very pleasantly surprised.

Yay! So great to see a new review from you, Lori! Alexander is so grown up now and such a cutie too! You picked two of my faves to review first, you really can't go wrong with either O'hana or Sanaa. Looking forward to reading more!

I am so glad to share it with you :) Hard to believe Alexander just turend 3.

Didn't know you could swap a dessert for an app at Sanaa. This was on my list to try for next trip and may have just moved up a few spots!

Not at all restaurants, but have never had a problem at Sanaa.

Hey Lori!! Glad to peek at your reviews from your b-day trip!

How incredibly lucky to get your 'Ohana ADR. I think they've changed the salad about three times since we started dining there years ago. Do they still not have the chicken on the skewer?

We've still not made it to Saana despite staying at Kidani in May. I'm going to have to remedy that since I have heard so many great reviews.

Captain Alexander is adorable!

Glad to have you here friend! We really lucked out getting that last minute Ohana ADR, we really enjoyed it. The salad seems to change a lot there for some reason. They still serve the chicken and it's delicious. I do hope you get to eat at Sanaa one day, it is the best!!

First off, I thought calories didn't count at Disney:rotfl: And second...we will be doing the water parks when we go next August. I'm with you that we like Typhoon Lagoon better, but I know we will do both. And while we are at Blizzard Beach, I think I will be trying some of those brisket nachos. They look amazing. If you head back to TL, and like fish and chips, Typhoon Tilly's are REALLY good. We were very pleasantly surprised.

The water park food is quite good and I can't wait dine at one of them again in a few weeks.

OMG that captain's outfit!!!!!!!!!!!! DYING.

Isn't it the cutest!! A friend gave it to him for Christmas this past year :goodvibes

Your drink at Coronado looks amazing. To bad that is only available there, totally something up my alley.

Speaking of my alley, love, love, love Sanaa. We don't usually do the dining plan, but awesome they sub the bread service for dessert. So much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter