You Want to Go Where? A 4th of July Weekend PTR

Well, not exactly Mickey Mail .. but it does count as "extra special mail". Good thing Zoe didn't find out! :thumbsup2 Lucky lady.

Not so lucky about your vouchers though - it amazes me, all the deals you all get with doing some shopping or ordering ..... nothing like that here :sad2:

Well, not exactly Mickey Mail .. but it does count as "extra special mail". Good thing Zoe didn't find out! :thumbsup2 Lucky lady.

Not so lucky about your vouchers though - it amazes me, all the deals you all get with doing some shopping or ordering ..... nothing like that here :sad2:

Oh MY!!! speaking of "extra special mail" :worship: I am so sorry I forgot to mention it. Every day I have thought about it while at work. The "I need to shoot a message to Karin" thought that I think forget as I get home and hustle about. THANK YOU!!! Zoe always is thrilled to receive little notes. It is so special and she has kept them all. :goodvibes

Oh MY!!! speaking of "extra special mail" :worship: I am so sorry I forgot to mention it. Every day I have thought about it while at work. The "I need to shoot a message to Karin" thought that I think forget as I get home and hustle about. THANK YOU!!! Zoe always is thrilled to receive little notes. It is so special and she has kept them all. :goodvibes

You are very welcome, Ann!
It is just a little thing, so you know we VERY often think of you and beautiful little Zoe! :goodvibes
And off to work I go in a few minutes, while I hope that you get some good night's sleep! :hug: You need it! You work too much!

You are very welcome, Ann!
It is just a little thing, so you know we VERY often think of you and beautiful little Zoe! :goodvibes
And off to work I go in a few minutes, while I hope that you get some good night's sleep! :hug: You need it! You work too much!

Have a wonderful day at work. I will in fact get some sleep. I think I will always find it funny how we are a world apart online at the same time... you at the start of your day and me at the end of mine. :goodvibes

Well, me in a panic "don't touch it, don't look at it" Just put it down I will be right home"

Does Zoe think you have lost your mind? :rotfl2:

And, yes, I would consider photopass Mickey Mail! :thumbsup2 And obvious evidence that your trip is almost here! :goodvibes

The only major differences between Splash in Disneyland and WDW is the size of the boats. At DL they are similar and you sit all in one row like the Matterhorn. Oh yeah and you will get soaked on Disneyland's Splash unless your boat is really light in weight

Cool, Well, except for the "soaked" part. :rotfl:

Have a wonderful day at work. I will in fact get some sleep. I think I will always find it funny how we are a world apart online at the same time... you at the start of your day and me at the end of mine. :goodvibes

Just got back in and enjoying the start of my weekend, while you still have to get through most of Friday! :rotfl2: Crazy world.

Does Zoe think you have lost your mind? :rotfl2:

And, yes, I would consider photopass Mickey Mail! :thumbsup2 And obvious evidence that your trip is almost here! :goodvibes

I think she did... but since I have been a bit on edge and short with everyone lately, I am thinking my mini freak out was not too surprising..:rolleyes1

Just got back in and enjoying the start of my weekend, while you still have to get through most of Friday! :rotfl2: Crazy world.

:rotfl2:Yup and guess where I am right now... just up and looking toward the rest of the day. (well... I have been up for quite a while...but I am just now sitting with coffee :coffee:

Today I sat down and made some calls and booked somethings....

First, I needed to book our Disneyland Express tickets. I got the family round trip pass (valid for up to 5). Not a horrible price, but really like that DME is free.

Next I called Alaska to check on bag fees. With Zach in the military, his bags (up to 5) are free. So I confirmed all that had to happen with that.

Next, I called the hotel to see if the fact that Orbitz messed up and only listed 2 guests would make a difference. It really didn't...other than putting in the request for the roll away bed is only a request... no guarantee. :rolleyes: Well... we all have to have a bed...so.... the hotel guy told me he could put us in a parlor suite for not a whole lot more. :woohoo:

So now Zach will have his own space in the living room!

asuite.jpg

Today I sat down and made some calls and booked somethings....

First, I needed to book our Disneyland Express tickets. I got the family round trip pass (valid for up to 5). Not a horrible price, but really like that DME is free.

Next I called Alaska to check on bag fees. With Zach in the military, his bags (up to 5) are free. So I confirmed all that had to happen with that.

Next, I called the hotel to see if the fact that Orbitz messed up and only listed 2 guests would make a difference. It really didn't...other than putting in the request for the roll away bed is only a request... no guarantee. :rolleyes: Well... we all have to have a bed...so.... the hotel guy told me he could put us in a parlor suite for not a whole lot more. :woohoo:

asuite.jpg

:woohoo: for getting transfer and bags sorted!
And Ann, that is exactly like the room we had when we went to DL in 2006!! We really enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: for getting transfer and bags sorted!
And Ann, that is exactly like the room we had when we went to DL in 2006!! We really enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

I think we will be happy with it. I am a bit irritated though... I called back because my numbers were not adding up. If I took the night rate he quoted and added in the cost of tax and resort fee, the "GRAND Total" he gave me was less. I wondered if maybe it was in my tax calculation so I called.

Turns out... he gave me a grand total based on a room rate that was lower than he quoted me. :headache: So it is what it is... but since it was the supervisor that booked it like that. It stays at the room rate rather than the grand total rate. On the phone though, we figured the quote came off of a room rate of exactly $10 less a night. I am not going to lose my mind over the extra $40... but it is frustrating nonetheless.

Oh... and one more thing...

Zach purchased his and Alex's tickets today. I knew that they could be less than what Disney lists the military being... but it was nice to see that they actually were. Not a lot less... but savings is savings. :woohoo: Even if I am not the one saving.

Day 4 - 7/8 Morning

I am really struggling with this day. I have used ridemax to help me make plans and to know just how much I can fit into a day's schedule for years. Using TP is new to me and carsland is new to it. I have an ap on my phone that shows me wait times...and it always have HUGE waits within carsland. For some reason, TP has me with little to no wait. (except Luigis tires.)

Regardless if TP is reliable, after we grab some breakfast at the hotel we will start the morning off by running to get fast passes for
images

Immediately after getting those fast passes we will head to

luigis-flying-tires_thumb.jpg

I wonder if it would be bad to have one of us get the fast passes while the rest of us got in line for Luigi's tires? TP does list this as about an hour wait. Will my family tolerate it? :confused: I think the last time we had a wait time like that was on our first DLR trip when we waited over 2 hours for dumbo. Kids were young then and there was no Zoe. No one was very happy by the time we got to ride the ride.

Next up
jumpin-jellyfish_thumb.jpg

then
golden-zephyr_thumb.jpg

which, I will NOT be riding. Man that thing is scary. :rotfl: I know I am a wimp.

The next ride is one of my favorites! WDW or DLR...It is just awesome!
images

After that it will be time to watch something that holds a bit nostalgia for Steve and I. Both of us love the muppets, but somehow... we have not watched the Muppets 3D show in WDW since 2008

images

Then we will be off to see...

character-closeup_thumb.jpg

The zoetrope is one of the things that is a must do for me. It is in Character Close UP.

We will want to take a quick ride on
red-car-trolley_thumb.jpg

only because they are new.

Then it will be time to play here
animation-academy_thumb.jpg

I do remember playing here before... and it was fun to go in a find out what character we each are.

Last thing for the morning is Aladdin a Musical Adventure. It is my FAVORITE Disney show. Hmmm.. I think I just figure out that I am going to have to get ridemax. TP has us showing up for the show at 12:19. Not bad when the show doesn't start until 1:20pm. However, the show runs about an hour and TP has us getting a fast pass for ToT at 1:15... not to mention I had put in that we had an ADR at 1:30pm.

Your plans look great! Someday, we will head back out to DL to check out the difference in the rides like Splash and POTC!

I am so excited for you that you get to see Cars Land. All reports have raved about it!

I didn't realize that ride photos went on photopass. Then, again, maybe I did, but in WDW not all are available for that option...

Have you started packing? I am trying not to take out the suitcases because it upsets my cats. :rotfl:

BTW: I vote on letting Zoe wear the dress and getting more use out of it.

disneydreamingdebby said:
Your plans look great! Someday, we will head back out to DL to check out the difference in the rides like Splash and POTC!

I am so excited for you that you get to see Cars Land. All reports have raved about it!

I didn't realize that ride photos went on photopass. Then, again, maybe I did, but in WDW not all are available for that option...

Have you started packing? I am trying not to take out the suitcases because it upsets my cats. :rotfl:

BTW: I vote on letting Zoe wear the dress and getting more use out of it.

The difference in POTC is definitely a reason to go to DL. I am looking forward to it so much!

Cars land will be fun, but I am worried that it will be too crowded.

PP + is the new photo pass that is being offered in the parks. DLR costs a lot less that at WDW so I thought it would be good to try it out. With the plus... Rather than regular, you get ride photos and dinning photos. The problem is the "card holder" has to be present with the special card to be able to load the pics to the card. In theory if members of your party write down their numbers from the card they can be "manually" added later... But in the case of DLR, it has to be done by the end of the day or those pics are lost. I foresee a long line at the photo shop at the end I the day.:rolleyes:

I have not started packing.... I think might in the next day or so.

And as for Zoe and the dress..... We will see. I may just bring Minnie dress that she can wear to Minnie's breakfast.

I will definitely be praying for you and Zoe! Health issues are so stressful! First you don't know what is going on, then you have the uncertain testing phase and trying to figure out what to do, then you have to worry about whether or not your chosen solution works, etc. Keep us posted! =)

You have so much packed into your days. It is crazy! I can't wait to see how much you can actually get done!

I am excited to read about PP+ on your TR. Unfortunately, I pre-bought the CD before the prices went up and before PP+. Argh! I really want to do that for our next trip. Maybe I can call and get them to upgrade it? If not, I may just upgrade at the parks. =) :)

oboedm said:
I will definitely be praying for you and Zoe! Health issues are so stressful! First you don't know what is going on, then you have the uncertain testing phase and trying to figure out what to do, then you have to worry about whether or not your chosen solution works, etc. Keep us posted! =)

You have so much packed into your days. It is crazy! I can't wait to see how much you can actually get done!

I am excited to read about PP+ on your TR. Unfortunately, I pre-bought the CD before the prices went up and before PP+. Argh! I really want to do that for our next trip. Maybe I can call and get them to upgrade it? If not, I may just upgrade at the parks. =) :)

First, thank you for your kind words and prayers. I think Zoe using an "L" tube at night is something we will just have to do in order to avoid surgery. It seems to be working. As for me.... I got negative results so the doc just wants to retest in a few months (gee cause I just love pelvic exams :rolleyes: ). At that same visit we will run blood work to see how my sugars have been managed. I am down to only takin 1 pill a day... So pretty soon it will be all me regulating my insulin.

Second, I am pretty sure you can pay to upgrade the pp cd. I know that we have already pre-purchased for the fall, but if this works out well we will upgrade once we get there. I think we can ONLY upgrade once in WDW

Someday you will have to go.... for you though, DLR would be a long travel day. I believe the long travel day to be worth it for WDW... hopefully, I will think that it would be for DLR as well. Luckily though for us... it is a short flight.

I think it might have to be a year my dad goes to Vegas for work, and Alexa and I just meet him over there. He'll have the hotel already, and he always drives over. Might be a good solution!

Day3 - 7/7 Afternoon
Now, one thing that I may not completely convey about myself here on dis is that I am a bit of a germaphob. The idea of petting these animals alone is enough to set me off (yes, and yet I live in a small town where farm animals out number the humans :rolleyes:), but then add in that other people are touching these animals. :crazy2: I will get through it though... cause I know Zoe will love it. I will just bring lots of hand sanitizer. :rotfl:

How do you handle being around Kira's pets?!?!?!?!

Kira and Steve (and almost me :rolleyes1) were made sick by eating soo many of a particular menu item. BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS It appears to still be on the menu. (please please please) No item other than the original Tigger Tails cause us all to dream of when we will next have one. Simply one of my favorite things ever! That and of course my lost Tigger Tail that has been replaced by an imposter ;)

Those sound yummy!!!

We may even get a snack to go along with the above mentioned asparagus. Maybe something at the Tiki Juice Bar Is there anything better on a hot day? :goodvibes

MMmmmm I think we've all been dreaming dole whips in this heat. It was 104 yesterday here.

But it kinda counts!

photo1.jpg

So totally counts as Mickey mail! I count anything that comes in the mail with something Disney on it or in it Mickey Mail!!!

I clicked over to have her say "chyeaaaah, ummmmm... your Disney photopass came" (imagine this said with all the attitude a teen would have while chewing gum) "chyeaaah... in a white envelope with photopass on it" (emphasis on the photopass in a "valley girl" tone"

Well, me in a panic "don't touch it, don't look at it" Just put it down I will be right home"

Uh oh about finding out! But thats a lot of attitude for one so small still! I can't say anything.. I never know what will word vomit out of Alexa's. Walmart the other day.. in the check out lane.. asked me talking about the cashier "mommy she's big big big BIG.. Why is she so BIG? She should be little like me".. :headache: Can I tell you how mortified I was even though I didn't know if she heard her.

asuite.jpg

That's a beautiful room!

Last thing for the morning is Aladdin a Musical Adventure. It is my FAVORITE Disney show. Hmmm.. I think I just figure out that I am going to have to get ridemax. TP has us showing up for the show at 12:19. Not bad when the show doesn't start until 1:20pm. However, the show runs about an hour and TP has us getting a fast pass for ToT at 1:15... not to mention I had put in that we had an ADR at 1:30pm.

The musical sounds good, bur those plans sounds all switched up!

First, thank you for your kind words and prayers. I think Zoe using an "L" tube at night is something we will just have to do in order to avoid surgery. It seems to be working. As for me.... I got negative results so the doc just wants to retest in a few months (gee cause I just love pelvic exams :rolleyes: ). At that same visit we will run blood work to see how my sugars have been managed. I am down to only takin 1 pill a day... So pretty soon it will be all me regulating my insulin.

Someone should have posted in ladies room to let us know all was well with your result... :rolleyes: But :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: super glad the trick seems to be working and that your test results were good again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter