• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your BEST game for waiting in lines...

We play - "I went to the store and bought..." - the first person says an item that starts with A - the next has to say "I went to the store and bought - the first person's A item and then adds an item starting with letter B" - develops the memory and is quite a bit of fun! My DS (5) LOVES this game and actually said "kiwi" for his turn at K! :rotfl2: We also use the standby "rock paper scissors"!!

It depends on the age of your children, but my DS (now 13) and DD (now 10) have enjoyed playing "categories" for several years. We have a fairly broad category (e.g. Disney Characters, Disney Rides, Book Titles, Movie Titles) and then each of us has to think of something in the category that begins wtih "A", then when everyone has finished with "A", with "B", etc. This game is good for longer lines.

When they were in the 3 - 5 yo age range, they liked playing the rhyming game. So, for example, I would say:

"I'm thinking of a word that rhymes with salt -
If I asked you to stop, I might say _______."

They just loved that one, but it requires a fair bit of parental mental effort to come up with 50 or so rhymes in a row.

"Trivia" has always been really popular too, and they actually learn something. We give them everything from math to geography to science questions. "What's the capital of Norway? Name the planets. What is the boiling point of water in degrees Celsius and degrees Farenheit? What's 72 divided by 3?" or whatever is appropriate for the children's ages. In WDW we often add in Disney-themed trivia.

We try to make all of the games cooperative rather than competetive - waiting is hard enough without having them at each other's throats!

Cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter