Your Best or Funny Disney Story

bgohre

Always be the second one in the outhouse. It's goi
I tried posting this on a different area and only got a few stories, so I'll try it here.

We all love to hear different stories about our trips to Disney, give us your best/interesting/funny Disney stories.

Here is one of mine.

On my very first trip (back in '85) to WDW we arrived in the early afternoon on December 31st. The temp was about 60 degrees and coming from WI, this felt darn near tropical. We checked into the Cabin (back then they called them Trailers) at Fort Wilderness, threw on a pair of shorts and tank top and went to Epcot with my Mom, Aunt, Uncle and two cousins. We all went our seperate ways and agreed to meet back at the ball at 1:00 am or so.

As the sun went down it started getting cold, around 10 or so it started to rain. Of course nobody was prepared and heck, we were at Disney so nobody cared. By the time 1 am rolled around we were pretty much all freezing. It was cold and wet and we were looking forward to getting back to the warmth of our Cabin. One problem, no Uncle. So we waited til the park closed at 2a, no Uncle. We loitered around the park until they kicked us out. We explained our situation to a CM and they sent a request out on the radio to look for our Uncle. We watched as Cast Members left until finally a Manager came out and said the park was completly empty.

They got a bus for us so we could get back to our Cabin, by now it was 4am and everybody was soaking wet and frozen to the bone. Everybody was really worried because my Uncle is a type A person. Very punctual and very VERY strict about sticking to our schedule. We got back to the cabin about 4:30am. We all stood in the kitchen area taking off our wet shoes and discussing what we were going to do next. Suddenly, my Uncle comes out of the back bedroom and says and I quote, "if you guys were going to stay out so late, you should have brought jackets with you". :mad:

All I could do was picture myself jumping over the couch and shoving my wet shoe...well you can guess the rest. :rotfl:Turns out that he had been walking around with my Mom and Aunt. He went into the bathroom and when he came out he couldn't find them so he decided he was tired so he went back to the hotel at 9p to go to sleep. For the rest of the trip he was truly the best uncle anybody could ever have, pizza, snacks, souveneirs whenever you wanted something all you had to do was look at him and he would buy it for you. :woohoo: While we were all pretty mad at him for that, it turns out to be a great memory.

I have several most of them are just little things that I hear people say and that I find funny.

We were talking to a family that was in line in front of us for Kali River Rapids in AK and they were asking about about what the prayer cloths were for that they have through all of Asia. I tell them that in Asian culture they ward away evil spirits( random fact just in case you didn't know). These people started asking me if any one had died in the park and what evil spirits lived there and if they would try to ruin their ride.
Me( almost laughing in their faces): no there are no real evil spirits here it is just set up this way for themeing(sp) to make it feel like your in Asia.
The people: Oh really!!!
I think these people were seriously freaked out that there was going to be an evil spirit on the ride with them.The people were in their 40s to make it even better
If you want to ride with a nice spirit you can ride the Haunted Mansion :goodvibes

last one that I can think of right now would be the little girl that was giving us her own personal interpretation of Mickey's Phillharmagic in MK
The parts that I can remember were she got really excited when she saw the little Mermaid part and she starts screaming I want that ring and that she wanted everything in the cave. She also was trying to save Donald when he was reaching out she is screaming 'its ok Donald I got you I got you'.
It was a little bit annoying but it was more so funny to me.

If i can think of more I will post them later.

Come on people..i know some of you have some good stories

I've posted this one before a few years ago, but it bears repeating:

Back in 2004, we brought our oldest DD's friend with us. SHe loved roller coasters and was looking forward to riding Space Mountain and RNRC in particular. On our MK day, though, the girls were very disappointed to find that SM was down. No big deal, I told them, we were planning to hop over to DHS later that day so they could get their coaster fix on RNR.

So, later on that afternoon we headed over to DHS and DDs friend was about to burst with excitement. She kept saying 'Oh, I'm so excited to ride this ride. I can't believe I'm FINALLY going to get to ride this'. But her excitement was short-lived. As we approached the entrance to RNRC, she looked up at the upside-down coaster above and her face fell as she said, "Oh, NO!!!! This one's broken down too!'.

Of course, she was happy to learn that she was looking at a FAKE roller coaster and the real ride was inside the building and working just fine. :lmao:

I was adopted and finally found my biological dad in 1998...
In 2000, we all went on a family trip (he and his wife, her daughter and grandson, my husband and I and our 3 kids)...During our trip, my oldest dd would be celebrating her 8th birthday...My dad had gotten her a birthday card with Tigger on it because that's her favorite character...When we got to MK, we found Tigger... He signed her birthday card and we got a pic of Tigger and dd together...She was thrilled!!

I have the card and photo in a special place because I just thought it was so cool!! :tigger:

When my son was little he had a major speech impairment. When he was 4 we were in line for The Haunted Mansion. He was one of those kids who was very inquisitive and had to have details. so he was asking lots of questions and was a little nervous. (No flaming please, he wasn't crying, just asking) I was telling him that we were at "Mickey's House" and it would be OK because Mickey wouldn't have anything too scary. It would be fun. As we walked into the hallway to get into our doom buggy he said to me "Dis is NOT bun bor me!" (This is not fun for me). That was 15 years ago and we still quote him from time to time. We have had 6 trips since then and we don't enter that line without saying it! :lmao:

This past December (08), we headed over to AK for the afternoon. We were unloading the car, grabbing jackets, etc. My dh said "hey grab the ponchos in case we go on Kali". My 4 1/2 year old son grabbed his Sponge Bob (kid size) poncho, tucked it under his arm and said "I got my nacho!":rotfl2: We now refer to our ponchos as nachos!:lmao:

I was chatting with the high school's theatre director yesterday. He said his family had just returned from WDW over spring break. I asked if they took their 4-year-old daughter to BBB. "No, not ever, not gonna happen, no way," he said. She's just not a princess type of girl, he said. In fact, during their first day at MK, he told me, she looked up at him suspiciously, and not too happily, and asked why everyone kept calling her "princess!"

-Erin

Prior to our trip in June 2007, our daughter who is now 11 had an accident via a scooter and broke her arm. She not only had to wear a cast during her dance recital (purple to match her dance outfits), she also could not swim and had to wear a bag over her arm for water rides. It was very hot and she was really miserable. The high point was the Disney Visa character meet and greet in Epcot. We waited for 10 minutes to get in and were talking with the great CM stationed there. We had never done this before and were a little apprehensive about which characters were there, etc. She assured us we would be having lots of fun inside. We were the only ones in line and could have as much time as needed until the next group showed up.

We went inside and were greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. My daughter could not believe that so many characters were there. They made a real fuss over her broken arm: hugging her and giving her kisses. Not only did they sign her autograph book, they also signed her cast. We got lots of great photos from their photographer, he also took lots for me with my camera. We were there for 15 minutes.....15 very special minutes.

the funniest thing that happened to me in disney was at 50s prime time cafe in DHS. i was 17, and i had ordered a dinner that came with green beens. well, at the time, i was not so sold on vegetables and our server/mom was not happy with me one bit. she put some on my fork and threatened to "airplane" feed me. well i was not having it, and i pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and pulled the drawstrings all the way closed to hide my face. i was laughing so hard i was shaking - i think she thought i was crying because i was embarassed! it was so hilarious my family still makes fun of me for it. the best part was that a family near us had a young son who didnt want to eat his veggies either, and that boy's mom told him "you better eat them if you don't want that to happen to you!" the kid looked so scared he ate all his green beens.

My favorite Disney memory is our son's first trip, when he was 4 1/2. We had gotten the planning DVD and watched it with him, went online to show him Disney World pics, and tried to explain what the trip would be like. And (YAY!!) we got a Toy Story room at All Star Movies. He skipped into MK bursting with excitement and we headed right for Tomorrowland and Space Ranger Spin. Hard to guess his favorite character, huh? ;) As we walked off the bridge to Tomorrowland, Buzz was greeting guests where Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is now. I was worried that a 7 foot Buzz Lightyear would scare my little man, but DS stopped when he spotted Buzz and shrieked, " LOOK, IT'S BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!! THE REAL BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!!" He could have waited in that line for 2 days, he was so happy to see Buzz!

On our last trip to disney, my sister who was 17 at the time had gotten soaked on Kali and was wearing jean shorts. needless to say what that does to you... My mom bought her cotton shorts from a store but the damage was already done. She preceded to walk around the whole day with her legs spread out as far as possible and her arms sticking straight out from her sides. what a site she must have been :rotfl: on top of that she would scream out "i have a rash" and people kept turning and staring at her. We just tried to pretend we werent with her:rolleyes1

Last year DH and I were waiting for friends near the monkeys at DAK. This little girl was there with her dad and all of a suddent she screams out....look Dadddy, the monkey has a fanny pack!!!!!!!......turns out it was a mama monkey carrying her little one that was holding on pretty tight. :lmao: It took this dad forever to try and explain to her that the monkey did not have on a fanny pack but she was totally convinced that it did. ;)

Definitely not our best or funniest story but still a memory I will cherish forever.

I need to preface this saying that my dad is not a rich jerk. He's on the wealthy side, but not a jerk. He has never, before this anyway, driven a minivan in his life.

In August 2006 we took my best friend with us to Disney and had gotten FPs for Splash Mountain. We had an ADR for Boma that was pretty close to the time it would have taken us to ride the ride, get off, get to the AKL, and get down to Boma. We were cutting it pretty close. We considered just skipping it all together to insure that we didn't miss it, but who the heck would willingly skip out on FPs for Splash Mountain in AUGUST where it was hot and busy? Besides, on all our other rides on SM we barely got a sprinkle on us. So, what happens? We get on and we get SOAKED. Not the kind of soaked that you get one splash on you, but we were SOAKED. Every opportunity to get water on you, we got it. And I mean EVERY opportunity. Then, when we get off the ride, my best friend and I get one whiff of each other and go, "OMG YOU SMELL LIKE PUKE!" So, my dad rushed us out of the park and we hightailed it back to POP and got changed and sprayed as much body spray on ourselves as we could. It helped, especially with the new clothes, and we dried ourselves off nicely. So, then, my dad is driving super fast to AKL in a minivan and makes a sharp turn (he drives a very nice maxima at home) and let me tell you, it was like riding test track. it squealed, it screamed, it scared the crap out of us and now we say that if we get a rental car this August when we bring my friend again, we are requesting that we get anything BUT a minivan.

In 2003 my school's music department went to WDW for Magic Music Days, and during our day at Epcot, my friend and I happened to pass through (I believe) Morocco and spot the marching band's entire percussion section sitting down at the circle of drums they had at the time (and may still have? I can't remember- but I do remember a ton of temporary interactive instrument displays being around at the time) so we ducked into the circle and sat down with them. The 10 of us sat in there drumming together for a good 15 minutes or so, and we were pretty damn good! People stopped to watch us, and a few of the castmembers got in the middle of the circle and danced for us. It was so much fun, and I'd give my left arm to do it again. Although I wouldn't be a very good drummer with one hand :rotfl:

These are great stories...keep 'em comin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter