Your biggest Christmas "Fail"

About ten yours ago my daughter asked Santa for a portable DVD player. I checked with my ex and told him I was buying it for her so he could get something else for her Santa present. He totally agreed and named a few choices he had.

She spent Christmas Eve with him and when I picked her up she was so, SO excited. Santa had visited her at her dads house and she got a DVD player! I was SO MAD. He’s always been petty like that and it was done specifically to make me look bad. Of course, there was nothing I could do at 10 pm on Christmas Eve so Christmas morning she got a second one. His was cheap and broke in like a month but still. It still makes me mad.

Oh yes! You reminded me of another one. My ex remarried a woman with 4 kids and they adopted another one. So they rarely had much money to spend on Christmas. Usually he would ask for some suggestions and get some of what I suggested.

One year, he didn’t ask. I guess that year he had more money or something. Anyway they had gotten a Nintendo the year before and had asked for 2 games each that year. These were popular games that were hard to find. I found them! And had them all neatly wrapped. The boys came home Christmas Eve with ALL 4 games! This was the biggest part of their Christmas because these darn things were expensive! Plus there were some board games they had asked for and he got all those too!

There was one store open in all of our town so dh and I made a beeline up there to find something to replace it all with. First time I spent the 26th in a rerun line!

I stopped eating meat when I was 10. When I was 18, I came home on leave from the Marine Corps for Christmas and my grandfather was so excited for me to eat his special beef tips he had made. He had some health problems and had apparently forgotten I was vegetarian and had been working really hard to make that special meal for me for Christmas (and him making it was a big deal because he wasn't able to get around much at the time). I didn't have the heart to decline, and sampled a few bites before the whole family showed up for dinner. Right as people were arriving, I ran to the bathroom and was sicker than a dog for the next 3 days. Completely missed all of the festivities and almost missed my flight back to base.

Two Christmases later, I went home on leave again and my mom made a comment about me looking pregnant. I insisted I wasn't and it sparked quite the argument since I thought she was making fun of my appearance while she accused me of hiding a pregnancy from her. It was a pretty tense Christmas. 2 weeks later, I went to medical for what I thought was the flu- found out I was 5 months pregnant. Mom still hasn't stopped bragging "I told you so," eight years later.

2 Christmases later, I had 1.5 yo DD in a nice dress and sleek tights at my grandparents' house. She slipped on the linoleum and cut her head open. We missed dinner and presents and spent the next 4 hrs in urgent care for them to slap some super glue on her forehead and send us home. Then the next day, she stood up in the seat of a booth at a restaurant as we were leaving, slipped and re-cut open the same spot. This time the bleeding stopped by the time the doc came to her room in urgent care, so he basically just said to be careful and sent us home. We were uninsured at the time and came home to a $3000 bill for what amounted to some super glue and advice to be careful.

Two Christmases later, I went home on leave again and my mom made a comment about me looking pregnant. I insisted I wasn't and it sparked quite the argument since I thought she was making fun of my appearance while she accused me of hiding a pregnancy from her. It was a pretty tense Christmas. 2 weeks later, I went to medical for what I thought was the flu- found out I was 5 months pregnant. Mom still hasn't stopped bragging "I told you so," eight years later.

Mom always knows, lol

My son wanted 1 toy and 1 toy only, Bucky from Jack and the Neverland Pirates. So he got Bucky...for his birthday..at the end of November. So I had no clue what to get him for his Christmas gift. I bought him a bunch of stuff I thought he would like. He cried. He hated ALL of it. I felt awful. We went to Target the next day to exchange and let him get what he wanted. Now I INSIST he tells me what else he would be alright with. Thankfully he is 10 and a Nintendo Gift Card will suffice.

My son wanted 1 toy and 1 toy only, Bucky from Jack and the Neverland Pirates. So he got Bucky...for his birthday..at the end of November. So I had no clue what to get him for his Christmas gift. I bought him a bunch of stuff I thought he would like. He cried. He hated ALL of it. I felt awful. We went to Target the next day to exchange and let him get what he wanted. Now I INSIST he tells me what else he would be alright with. Thankfully he is 10 and a Nintendo Gift Card will suffice.

I loved the old days (you might even be to young for this, Im not sure when it ended) but your parents give you a catalog and you put a X by what you liked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!