• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Disney Must Do list with preschoolers. Please share!

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
I went to WDW last December with my 1 and 3 year olds and had no plan. It was great. No regrets. This December I'd like to do some planning and hit a few attractions, etc. on purpose rather than stumbling upon them by chance.

What's on your must see/must do list when you hit up WDW with preschoolers?

TIA!

P.S. My list would have to contain breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and the Osborne lightshow at HS; teacups and it's a small world at MK; Dinoland at AK. The kids slept through Epcot last year so I don't have anything from there. :rolleyes1

MK: Winnie-the-Pooh, Caroussel, Dumbo

HS: Playhouse Disney (can't remember the new name), Toy Story Mania

EP: Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush

AK: Lion King, Nemo

My two older kids went to WDW at 2.5 and 3.5 years. Here's what they enjoyed:

MK: Fantasyland (all of it including eating at Pinnochio Village Haus to watch Small World boats loading), Tomorrowland (Speedway, Monsters Inc, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbiter), Adventureland (Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Pirates), Liberty Square/Frontierland (Country Bear Jamboree, Riverboat), WDW train

HS: Disney Jr Live, Toy Story Mania, Buzz/Woody Meet, Little Mermaid

AK: DinoLand, Lion King show, Safari

Epcot: Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth

This is my 3 year old's must do list for our trip in December

MK - Pirates, Winnie The Pooh, Buzz Lightyear
Epcot - Test Track, Nemo ride & Turtle Time with Crush + all of the "fish tanks"
HS - Playhouse Disney show, Characters (in the Art of Animation building), Back Lot Tour (he thinks its a giant train & he loves trains), Honey I Shrunk The Kids Play Set, TSM,
AK - Boneyard playground, safari ride, Camp Minnie & Mickey character meet N greets.

He wants to do BTMRR & Star Tours on our next trip.

My 2 years old list is similar expect she likes Dumbo, Beauty & Beast show, the drum show in Japan and the people mover.

:banana: for the replies so far. TY and keep 'em coming!

I don't know what any of the abbreviations mean. :blush:

What about dinner shows? Fireworks? Etc...

:banana: for the replies so far. TY and keep 'em coming!

I don't know what any of the abbreviations mean. :blush:

What about dinner shows? Fireworks? Etc...

My DS/4 loved Chef Mickey's and cried tears of joy during Wishes (MK). He slept through Fantasmic! but me & DH loved it ;)

I can't wait to try out Crystal Palace on or next visit with his new found love of all things Pooh!!

My DS/4 loved Chef Mickey's and cried tears of joy during Wishes (MK). He slept through Fantasmic! but me & DH loved it ;)

I can't wait to try out Crystal Palace on or next visit with his new found love of all things Pooh!!

I'm going to have to google wishes and fantasmic!

FWIW - My older one hid from the WTP characters and my son loved all over them. (DD has had a WTP themed room since birth). Kids are so weird. :rotfl:

If you are staying on Disney property, hit Hollywood Studios during evening Extra Magic Hours. They turn the Disney Junior show area into a kids dance party complete with DJ spinning kids tunes, bubbles from the ceiling, balloon artist and tons of characters (when we were there, JoJo, Little Einsteins, Mickey, Minnie and Handy Manny rotated through ... were always two out). My almost 2-year-old and 5-year-old loved it ... and both have requested it (ok, more older one) this next trip too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter