Your Dorm Room: Carpet or Flooring

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
I hope most of you say floors, DS is so allergic to carpet it's not even funny.

Carpet. Get him an air purifier. I'm allergic to the world, and college was no exception ;)

Our freshman dorms are split down the middle, half are carpeted and half are tiled. Upperclassmen are all carpeted.

I know about the allergies, but trust me, it's funny how much a carpet makes a dorm look less like a prison cell and more like a home :)

I had Lovely green carpeting with white and cream colored stains. Very nasty, but if you covered it up with prettier rugs, it really made the place look nice. I know somone who had flooring and it looked like a prison! Yeah, an air purifier should do the trick!

We have tile, but I wish we had carpet. The tile gets so gross EVERY DAY. I am looking to buy a big floor rug. Plus the tile is really cold :cold:

We have carpet, and my roomate has really bad allergies too. She recently purchased a really small air purifier with a HEPA filter. It runs 24/7, is nearly silent, and my roomate has been feeling a lot better :)

in the older dorms, the rooms are tile and the halls are carpet... the newer ones, its all tile....

Mine floor is really low carpet, I don't like to even consider it as carpet!

Gross brown ugly yucky digusting (are you catching my drift here?) tile. Most people I know bought a carpet to put down or atleast have a small carpet (like a bath mat) near there bed to step on. Trust me, its a rude awakening to step on cold tile right after first waking up.

Last year I had tile in the room, but carpet in the hallways. This year we have carpet everywher except for the bathroom and kitchen.

Tile in one dorm, carpet in the others. My sorority house had all carpet, but I know most of the fraternity houses around here have either wood or tile floors in the rooms.

I have carpet in my room. I live in Northern's oldest dorm, which is why. It's nasty carpet too. Some of the carpet in some of the rooms has been around since the 70s!
The other dorms oncampus have tile, but my roommate and I had a big carpet square that we put down.

Depends on the dorm three have carpet three have linolium. I requested to live in one of the droms without carpet because of my allergies. Tell him to talk to his school and see if they make medical conciderations. :moped:

Tile, but we have a carpet rectangle that covers almost the whole room (though that's not too hard to do, ha).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter