Your fantasy 18th century Ball (The imaginary dream kingdom)

Would You Go To an 18th Century Style Ball?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes if I could leave my kids at home

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Yes if I could bring my kids

• No if children are there

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes if it was styled modern

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No if it was styled modern

• Yes if it was styled 18th century

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No if it was styled 18th century

• Total voters
Would Valentine's day be a good time for Disney to do a ball given that is when attendance could use a boost? Genuinely curious. :confused3:scratchin🏰

Disney could include with the tickets to the ball with a meal discount or package (think Fantasmic). I think a dinner meal deal could work at Crystal Palace and a quick service discount option at Gaston's Tavern could work well. The price of the tickets would change based on the option you choose. This would allow Disney to lower the cost of the ball because they would then probably only serve hors d’oeuvres, small desserts, and drinks. It also helps free up more space in the Be Our Guest restaurant for dancing and other activities. Thoughts? Also for those who have not voted in the poll yet or responded in the thread, please consider to express your opinion on the subject. :):thanks: 🏰

Would you prefer the ball to be in a masquerade style or the classic Disney 18th century style? 🎭

Disney could also do a Pirates of the Caribbean theme ball as the movies and ride are set during the 18th century anyway. pirate:🏴‍☠️🏰

Disney characters could attend the ball in 18th century clothing too since they have before at MK in Liberty Square. Disney princes and princesses are already in time period clothing so no issues there. Thoughts? :mickeyjum:donald::goofy:::MinnieMopluto:🤴👸🏰:dance3:

Liberty Tree Tavern could also be an eating option before the ball since it fits the theme or BOG could just do a limited dinner service option in the other dinning rooms besides the ballroom. Both would play well into the event. For those who don't wish to post a comment, I encourage you to still make a selection on the ongoing poll if you would like. 🏰:-):thanks:

What would be on your must have list to convince you to attend a ball if you were debating on going? The food, dress code, music, entertainment, venue location, reasonable ticket price, or other things? Genuinely curious if an 18th century reenactment ball came to your home town/city would you go automatically or would you need some convincing. :scratchin

If it was as authentic as possible in regards to costumes and music, I would be more inclined to go. If costumes were optional and the music modern, it’s just another party. They could still theme it to one or more of the Disney princesses if necessary, but in my opinion it needs to be something special.

For example, I don’t know if you have seen the Disney movie Enchanted, but the ball in that movie is a good example of what I would NOT attend. It included too many modern things, even though there was some attempt at dressing the part by some guests.

I just don’t think there would be enough interest in something like this at Disney, or perhaps even in the US.

If it was as authentic as possible in regards to costumes and music, I would be more inclined to go. If costumes were optional and the music modern, it’s just another party. They could still theme it to one or more of the Disney princesses if necessary, but in my opinion it needs to be something special.

For example, I don’t know if you have seen the Disney movie Enchanted, but the ball in that movie is a good example of what I would NOT attend. It included too many modern things, even though there was some attempt at dressing the part by some guests.

I just don’t think there would be enough interest in something like this at Disney, or perhaps even in the US.

As I posted before, Disney could do two types of balls. One for family/kids that has more of an Disney friendly feeling and another one for adults that would be more 18th century accurate based with/or without Disney character influences. Disney could easily make the type of ball your are talking about that would ease your concern. Disney will probably be more inclined to do such a type of ball anyway once Covid-19 is a thing of the past due to the need to host events in order to recoup immediate new revenue streams. As to your concern about lack of interest, there are many 18th century balls across the U.S., the popularity of each ball varies based on the money invested into the event and the price of admission tickets. The best way to see if one is near you is by checking historical locations near you and asking your local historical society. One that I know of in the northeast is the Trenton Colonial Ball.

https://www.barracks.org/colonial-ball.html
My point is Disney can make a profit with both types of balls. I'm positive Disney would do an authentic style ball you desire because there is a big interest in them through colonial historic societies across the east coast. 18th century societies in FL like in St. Augustine would most likely attend as would others I'm sure. Where there is a profit to be made, Disney goes all out. Disney would be able to do events at Liberty Square and the American pavilion leading up to the balls. Just a thought.

Most balls have a lenient costume policy but from the ones I have seen, 90% of attendees follow 18th century dress code. The only 100% compliance ball that I know is the one at Versailles due to the fact people are paying between $600-$1000 to attend an "authentic ball". :rolleyes1
🏰

Last edited:

Would you want the venue to be outside or inside?:jumping3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter