Your Favorite Alternative to an Autograph Book.....

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
Looking for some new ideas for my upcoming Dec trip with my youngest son. We've done the books in the past and I can always go this route but was looking for something fun and different!

I was intrigued by the folks who raved about doing photo mats. Also I like the idea of pillow cases but you would have to use an embroidery hoop to keep it taut for signature.

I was intrigued by the folks who raved about doing photo mats. Also I like the idea of pillow cases but you would have to use an embroidery hoop to keep it taut for signature.
We have done pillowcases a few times using just a piece of cardboard under the part where we wanted the character to sign. Then fold up the pillowcase with the small, maybe 5x7, piece of cardboard left inside the case awaiting the next autograph.

I actually have a project going on right now, and I'm close to getting it done. I got some 3X5 cards on one of those little spiral pads, and I've been getting my own character autographs on them for a few years now. I've almost gotten enough to complete my project--I should be able to get the last ones I need when we go on vacation in May of next year.

My local Walmart has these really cheap 4X6 frames, and each autographed card will go into one. In my kitchen I have this flat area above my upper cabinets, so each frame will be hung there, right next to each other--kind of like a wallpaper border. When I'm done, I'll have all of these character autographs running the whole length of my cabinets.

I made a scrap quilt with flannel with some white squares (others are red, black and yellow). I'm not sure how my boys are going to feel about characters, but if they like them and are interested in signatures, I plan to use an embroidery hoop on the squares for signatures. If not, they'll have a stroller blanket for cold mornings or for something to sit on.

We did a light colored tan Disney baseball cap and had the characters sign with sharpies. You always know where the hat is, no fumbling for pages - just grab the marker and your good to go.

Worn and cherished for long after the trips - in fact my now adult "kids" still have them hanging on their wall here at home.

My daughter loved using this on our last trip...Still a book but not just the normal ones. At least as they get older they can read about the characters.

http://www.amazon.com/Junior-Encyclopedia-Animated-Characters-Disney/dp/1423189140/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61BIpxR46fL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR125,160_&refRID=0D74Y0KH4BNDXZ4ADAFY

We used this last trip as well. All the characters on our cruise were kind enough to sign on their pages, and we picked up several more in the parks. We are taking it back with us this year to see what other characters we can add!!

We have 3 of the 9 inch blank vinylmation Mickeys that we have gotten autographs on. They sell them at the pin store at Disney Springs.

I did a photo mat in 2008 and planned on taking it park to park via the stroller but taking to chef mickeys the first night was enough as I was afraid it would bend. I'd do it again but just for a character meal and not park to park.

That same trip, the one after that my kids got new Disney hats (maybe they have doen that for 3 trips) and the characters sign the hat and they wear a hat around the park so if just have to carry a sharpie.

And they still wer the hats at home, actually lady time we went my ds had his Yankee hat signed since he didn't want a new hat.

We have done an LL Bean tote bag personalized with a name and had it signed with a Sharpie. We loved the way it turned out and we use them a lot.

Last edited:
My daughter loved using this on our last trip...Still a book but not just the normal ones. At least as they get older they can read about the characters.

http://www.amazon.com/Junior-Encyclopedia-Animated-Characters-Disney/dp/1423189140/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61BIpxR46fL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR125,160_&refRID=0D74Y0KH4BNDXZ4ADAFY
We also used this book after reading about it on these boards. The kids loved reading about the characters and having them sign their own page. Every single character made some kind of fuss over seeing their own page. Our favorite was Minnie in the Storybook Circus location. She got down on her hands and knees to sign her page and then turned to Mickey's page and kissed it.

We love this and other books (earlier copies now OOP and some story books). Not only can my kiddo read about the characters, the characters DELIGHT in seeing themselves and playing with the books. The stepsisters cackled as they gave each other beards and monobrows while changing Cinderella's story to show how they were really the heroes. Flynn Rider couldn't believe he was in the book (for reals, the guy was stunned but recovered by saying he was surprised) that they got his nose right. Pooh and Eeyore drew on the book little pictures. Ariel drew guppies and bubbles. We later put laminated pictures of those moments right in the book and have the whole thing spiral-bound so they can be seen again and again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter