Your favorite and why?? Please!

aLLpInK

Totally Obsessed
Out of the two..

1st week December and MVMCP and why or

1st week October and MNNSHP ??

Only ever been in spring and want to try fall or christmas for our next trip. We LOVE both Halloween and Christmas so its a hard one :confused:

THANK YOU THANK YOU for any input. :goodvibes

ALSO...Would these events be worth the money for a family of 5?

I totally fell in love with WDW at Christmastime! We had a wonderful stay the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. The weather was great, not too humid but still hot and cooled off by the end of the week. The decorations were amazing! And IMHO: you can't beat seeing 'snow' on Main St and the castle lights/Osbourne lights are sooo amazing!

However, Sept/Oct seems to be the time we most often go to WDW so something must keep calling me back at that time :)

When we go it is always during Dec and MVMCP! Love it!! Remember though the parade taping is always first weekend in December....as it doesn't shut down MK...main street is off limits. We have always had great weather in years past. This last December it was FREEZING! I don't say that lightly...I'm from MN and use to cold temps. It's just not right when FL has a windchill of 13 degrees!!! We will probably go in December again...love Christmas at Disney!! :lovestruc

I can tell you that the parade alone is worth the price of admission. It is one of the best evenings I have ever had. We are going again this year, and I cannot wait! As PP said, the Christmas parade will be taping the first week of Dec., so crowds may be much larger vs. going in Oct. You will have fun either time you choose, but personally, I would do Oct. I would not want to get to FL and discover that is is freezing, but I have always been the type of person that would rather be extremely hot than extrememly cold. Good luck with your planning!:thumbsup2

I totally fell in love with WDW at Christmastime! We had a wonderful stay the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. The weather was great, not too humid but still hot and cooled off by the end of the week. The decorations were amazing! And IMHO: you can't beat seeing 'snow' on Main St and the castle lights/Osbourne lights are sooo amazing!

However, Sept/Oct seems to be the time we most often go to WDW so something must keep calling me back at that time :)

I'm checking out your Dec TR! It makes me want to go during Christmas so much more ;) LOVE the Dumbo with Grammy pic. VERY cute family.
Still going to be a hard decision. Guess we will just have to do both.....:thumbsup2

When we go it is always during Dec and MVMCP! Love it!! Remember though the parade taping is always first weekend in December....as it doesn't shut down MK...main street is off limits. We have always had great weather in years past. This last December it was FREEZING! I don't say that lightly...I'm from MN and use to cold temps. It's just not right when FL has a windchill of 13 degrees!!! We will probably go in December again...love Christmas at Disney!! :lovestruc

Thanks so much for the input! I have heard somewhere before that this past Dec was freezing...here in Alabama we had more snow last winter than probably ever... Thanks also about the parade info. :thumbsup2

We've been at both times of the year. Our Dec visit was one of those freezing Dec, walking around with winter coats, hats and gloves on. MVMCP was fun because we were at Disney but it was way too cold for us. No pool time in Dec for us because running from the pool to a towel is not fun so we just skipped the pools altogether. Going in Oct and going to MNSSHP was much better. We enjoyed the parade in the warmth and you get to go trick or treating too and laying by the pool is more relaxing. I Hope you have fun whenever you decide to go.

You sound just like me! We always go in September...I hate the heat but love the low crowds and MNSSHP. This year I decided I needed to see Disney Christmas so we planned a 2 week trip late Oct./early Nov. to do both but then today we decided to split them up. We are going the last week of Sept. and now trying to decide when to go in December.

I am leaning towards going the last week of November the more I read...what to do???

I'd have to say I enjoyed the MNSSHP much more. It was very laid back and fun. The kids had a great time dressing up and getting face paints. The parade and Wishes were incredible too. The weather was also very nice still, so that wasn't a concern.
We have done the MVMCP a few times in Dec. and have always been cold (and I'm from ND!!) It's very beautiful, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me, no matter what. The parade is still nice, as is the lighted castle (absolutely amazing to see!). There are hot drinks and cookies served throughout the night too.
IMHO, we enjoyed the HP more. Both parties were packed though, so that is a reason we probably won't ever do either again. Too much money to pay to be mobbed by more people than you saw at the park all day!
Good luck with your choice. :thumbsup2

We had done both parties, and although I love Christmas, I enjoyed MNSSHP much more! Disney is beautiful at Christmas-time, but I wouldn't pay to do the Christmas party again. However, we do the Halloween party every year.

It can be really cold in December, and although they do have cookies, they are only sugar cookies at eat station. At the Halloween party, you get TONS of candy, and it's so much fun to dress up.

I loved MNSSHP....it was so much fun. The parade was great particularly the haunted mansion portion and the fireworks were amazing.

Main street is beautiful for Christmas, the parade and fireworks at MVMCP were nice but I was really disappointed with the Christmas decorations in the rest of the park and at the resorts, even GF. I thought the whole park would be decorated for Christmas but it was primarily Main Street.

That being said, we are going again in December (only because that is the time that my DH's family decided to go) but maybe with lower expectations it will be better.

I cant wait to go again for MNSSHP!

1st week december, hands down. While Halloweentime is more weather consistant, you cannot compare it to the parks holiday decorations. What i love most is the ability to have the holiday spirit while wearing warm weather clothing!

First week of December is our very favorite time to go! We haven't done MVMCP yet, since my kids don't stay up late enough for it to be worth the cost, IMO, but we'll eventually do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter