Your favorite DL little detail that you love!

That's one of my favorites too! I haven't seen it in several months, though. And I always look for it. I think it broke a while back and they simply haven't gotten round to fixing it. Just like the organ that's been missing for months from the Captain's Quarters.

The shooting stars are awesome - I hope they are back next time we are there.

Four things we can’t do without:

The seagulls calling “Mine, mine” in the Finding Nemo lagoon.

The smell when you first walk into Pirates.

The half-red and half-white lightbulb.

The sha-boom song at sunset in Cars Land.

And many more I’m sure I’ll think of as soon as I hit “post”!

.... A few years ago, my family and I were lucky enough to arrange a ride on the Lilly Belle caboose for the grand circle tour...
I don’t think you can do this anymore.
The Grand Circle Tour is scheduled to return in 2020 (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/grand-circle-tour/).

A few favorites:
The Mary Blair doll in IASW
The Hidden Mickeys in The Golden Horseshoe
The turtles by Big Thunder (I think we've counted 7 so far...)
The bullfrog by PFF
The Jiminy Cricket on the Ward Kimball train engine
The lighted train map in the Main Street train station that shows the location of all the trains running in the park
Jingles, the lead horse, on the Carousel
The animal cemetery in front of HM

and the list could go on and on...

I love this thread! So many little details!

The lanterns in Rancho Del Zocalo at night - magical. Especially just walking by when it's closed.

This is a goofy one - on Small World, in England, there's a boy sitting on the bridge overhead holding a flag that says "SCHOOL." DH and I have always gotten a kick out of that for some reason - it just seems so incredibly random - so we always say, "SCHOOL!!!" really excitedly every time we go under that bridge. (It occurs to me that this may also be at WDW, but we've never done IASW there.)

P.S. OP - those twinkly sidewalks at Epcot are one of my favorite things at night there!

I don't know why I love those twinkly sidewalks...we stayed in the a royal room at POR once and those fireworks on the headboards made me so happy! Haha! I must have a soft spot for fiber optics!

Also:

The goat chewing dynamite on Big Thunder.
The Etch-a-Sketch in the Buzz line.
The Eeyore sign in the Indy line (I’ve never found it but since it’s a detail I want to see, I think it counts)!

The Eeyore sign is in the room where you watch the safety video. If you turn around and look up in the corner by the projector, it’s on the wall up there. It’s very difficult to see because it’s dark. If you ask nicely the CM in that room might shine their flashlight up there for you as a group is leaving.

The monkey bride in the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. Walt & Roy’s initials in the wrought iron railing of the balcony above Pirates. The light in the window of Walt’s apartment. The weather vanes and roof ornaments throughout the park but especially in Fantasyland. I keep thinking of more. :)

I love this thread. All the details of DL / WDW are what makes them so special and not just 'a theme park'. I really like to read all the signs and look at the displays in the Jungle Cruise entrance and as someone else mentioned, the wagon and horse tracks in Frontierland and the little town scene sounds on Big Thunder -- doesn't the saloon only come on at night? I also love all the details in the Storybook canal houses.

I can't pick one favorite and so many of the ones listed already are on my favorites list, but I have to add one more.

Esmerelda in the Main Street Arcade watching over Main Street. We love to go visit her and DD always gets a fortune (although this year, the fortune was different and seemed less Esmerelda and more Disney ad). She has been there since day one in 1955, and we like to think about all the things she has seen over the years.

We also love the "secret" pathway behind the Harbor Galley (over near the Haunted Mansion/Splash). If you walk around the restaurant towards the River you get a great view of the Columbia, Mark Twain and you'll see the Splash riders below you after they've gone down the big drop. You'll come out in Critter Country. It's not really a secret, but it's still a spot that I bet the majority of guests don't know is there.

ChrissyLou, I CANNOT figure this out in my head. Is this down in the Hungry Bear seating area? Around there? Or someplace else? I just can't visualize it at all. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!