Your favorite dog breed and why...

We have a miniature schnauzer and we absolutely love her size, temperament, and sweet personality.

What do you all have?

As soon as I read your title I knew this would be my answer as well. At one point we had two miniature schnauzers (Max and Oliver) They had the same dad and were a year apart. They both had very different personalities but were both great dogs. Unfortunately Max passed away when he was 5 but Oliver is still a wonderful dog at almost 11.

We also now have a Lhasa Apso/Maltese mix who is sweet 99% of the time but super particular and honestly a bit of a jerk sometimes

I love them both but I definitely prefer Oliver’s personality and demeanor over Bentley’s.

We have a miniature schnauzer and we absolutely love her size, temperament, and sweet personality.

What do you all have?

I also have a miniature schnauzer and I love him to bits! He's the 3rd we've had in our family and my sister just got a new puppy - he's 11 weeks old. I had a poodle before him and I loved her just as much - she took a piece of my heart with her when she left me but he brought it back. 💞

Golden Retrievers! We have had one to three goldens at any given time since 1991. THey are smart, loyal, easy, loving, cuddly, and sweet! All of our goldens have been rescues. Our two year old Gwen came to us in October from Turkey, where she lived chained up in a yard for two years, covered in ticks. She is so forgiving and loving despite her beginnings.

I have medium sized short hair mutt. I think she's part terrier. Shes the sweetest thing and can be very timid, but hates it when the kids play fight and will step in to try to break them up.

I've had labs before (one at a time) and I just love them but their size was sometimes an issue. Those tails were always knocking things off the coffee table and slapping the kid in face, and they always wanted to be in my lap. I'd kind of like another lab again, though, or maybe a golden. Although maybe just a dog that doesn't shed would be better - my current dog sheds like crazy and I know my labs did. Maybe a labradoodle?

Ugh - I do love dogs. Just the best...

I grew up with English Mastiffs and Bernese Mtn. Dogs and Danes. I love me a big dog...but, BUT - and oh how it pains me to say this- we have reached a point where we are thinking we need a more portable pup.

During our married life we've had boxers, great danes, a great dane/mastiff mix and english bulldogs.
:rolleyes:
We currently have a large mastiff/bulldog mix breed, a great dane, and actively foster bulldogs. It breaks my heart, but I think our current great dane (he's only just turned 2) is our last "big boy". Oh, I love my big dogs. But, we are in our late 40's, finally at the time of life when kids don't need us, parents don't need us (yet!) and we have the time and money to travel. And yeah, we can board our pups, and have. But they do so much better at home, so we depend upon the kids to watch them when we travel. We compensate them of course, but they have a life, too. And I don't want to impose- so we've decided we are on our last big boys. We can't imagine a life w/o a pup, so we have decided to get a "portable pup". What that will look like I don't know!!! Breakable kick me dogs don't suit the farm lifestyle, but we will figure it out when the time comes.

I always, AWAYS wanted a irish wolfhound. Maybe

I had a Chihuahua/ Fox Terrier mix for seventeen years. He was a wonderful dog, small like his Chihuahua half, but but not yappy. He was devoted to me, and really gentle with my sister's kids. He let them dress him up and push him around in doll strollers, and he would sleep with them when they took their naps. If we're talking purebred dogs, I think I'd like a Bulldog. I know they drool and snore, but I just think they're wonderful.

My first dog was a cockerpoo and she was a dear. So sweet, docile, loving. My second dog was a Sheltie. She was MY dog, not my husband's, not my son's. She would protect me with her life. She was a dear as well. She barked a lot at strangers, the Fed Ex and UPS guys (gotta protect Mom from those dangerous sorts), other dogs. When we went to the dog park, she would sit at my feet to protect me from the other dogs.

We're husky parents here. And always rescue pups only. I've got a huge soft spot for labs. Mine is a husky/lab mix, hubby's is a husky/malamute/chowchow mix that looks and acts all husky.

They're both incredibly caring, smart and intuitive. Both are great cuddlers, especially if I'm down. The attitudes can be frustrating, but once they're trained it's more amusing than anything else. :)

DH an I have had 2 dogs at a time over the last 35 years. 4 shelties then 2 golden retrievers. The goldens were great dogs. As others said, so pretty and friendly. They define the name "velcro dog." I could never train them to stay as they would never leave my side. I had the first shelties before I had kids and they were good in obedience and a nice size. All 6 dogs were good with kids bet they all shed a lot. Shelties barked more than goldens.

We had a Springer Spaniel/Golden Retriever mix named Maggie. She was a wonderful dog! I think she had a lot of the Golden Retriever personality but was all black with a few white patches and smaller than a Golden Retriever. She would always follow me around, but would stay put if you told her to and would never leave the yard. She retrieved the mail and paper from the carriers. She never barked, except when she went outside to go to the bathroom, she'd bark to be let back in! She just had a wonderful personality and was very smart and easy to train. My husband also took her duck and pheasant hunting and she did well. We think about getting a purebred Golden Retriever someday. Another mix would be good too I think!

I don't know if I have a favorite. My last dog was of indeterminate breed. When we got it from the shelter the breed was just spelled out as "doxie" although that doesn't really correspond to any breed I can look up. Some use that as short for a dachshund, but that clearly wasn't my dog and I would have thought they would have spelled out the full breed name.

My kid wants a Samoyed.

We have Australian Shepherds. They are intelligent, easy to train, loyal, affectionate and family oriented. Plus they come in a variety of colors. I'm very partial to the merles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!