Your Favorite Memory/Detail on the Wonder

Sunshine2U

Disney Nana
I have totally copied this thread idea and title from mickeymom22. Our family is excited about our 2019 cruise on Wonder. The last time we were on Wonder was many years ago when we were so involved with the kids that a lot of the details sailed right by us. What's your favorite memory, place or thing to do?

I have totally copied this thread idea and title from mickeymom22. Our family is excited about our 2019 cruise on Wonder. The last time we were on Wonder was many years ago when we were so involved with the kids that a lot of the details sailed right by us. What's your favorite memory, place or thing to do?

Well, my three former favorite places are gone. I loved the Route 66 carpet in the adult area, that has now been replaced, the enclosed outlook lounge that has now been turned into a concierge lounge, and the deck 7 "secret deck" that disappeared when the ducktail was added. That being said, I do love Tiana's restaurant, and I've always liked the adult pool areas on the classics better than those on the Dream or Fantasy.

Well, my three former favorite places are gone. I loved the Route 66 carpet in the adult area, that has now been replaced, the enclosed outlook lounge that has now been turned into a concierge lounge, and the deck 7 "secret deck" that disappeared when the ducktail was added. That being said, I do love Tiana's restaurant, and I've always liked the adult pool areas on the classics better than those on the Dream or Fantasy.
route 66 rug wonder 2012 24060 100_7182.JPG Outlook Cafe wonder 2012 bar  2807 100_7537 1500.jpg secret verandah deck 7 2009 mmouse37.jpg

My favorite ...on every one of the ships...is the soft-serve ice cream! My goodness...like I died and went to heaven to be able to have ice cream whenever I want it. ...and then hit the gym! But...whenever I want it!!! :dancer:

My favorite place to be on the Wonder is eating in Tritons. I have two favorite memories of the Wonder....nothing can compare to walking on the Wonder for our very first cruise - ever! - and have them announce our family! I burst into tears and could not stop crying! My second favorite memory soon followed....we walked into our OV stateroom on Deck 2 and looked out our window to see dolphins swimming, jumping and playing right outside our window! It was PURE MAGIC and quite WONDERful! This was in Galveston. We have been on two Disney cruises since then and nothing has come close to those memories. Best cruise ever!

Last edited:

Our first cruise on the Wonder was 2011 to Alaska. The Route 66 carpet was the best (I can't believe it's gone). Coming from New Mexico I could point out where we live. Standing on our house (one toe). I hope they didn't get rid of the gas pumps.

1. Details in Cadillac lounge, the theming is great
2. Frozen section of kids club, love wandering oaken's
3. The plates in Tiana's have pictures on them of them in frog form

Last edited:
Our first sailing on The Wonder was our 26th anniversary. It was just a 3 nighter, but it was out of Miami, so basically our backyard. It was fun to be less than an hour away from a Disney ship. It was short and sweet.......:love:

The Route 66 carpet was the best (I can't believe it's gone). Coming from New Mexico I could point out where we live. Standing on our house (one toe). I hope they didn't get rid of the gas pumps.

Me too! Me too! :love:

1. Details in Cadillac lounge, the theming is great

We loooooooove Cadillac Lounge! We've spent so many hours just relaxing and enjoying the space, and in the evenings, the piano music.

A year+ ago we were relaxing on our verandah, waiting for the Wonder to leave Juneau when a "hummingbird" flew in front of us, paused, then flew away. I guess his/her idea of a flower and Disney's Flower just didn't work out. We were a long way from a garden and too high up in the air for even a sunflower to grow (deck 8). After eight cruises on three of the DCL ships and first on the Wonder, we seem to always experience a nip of pixie dust no matter which DCL ship we cruise. Perhaps the small flyer was Tinkerbell, who knows.

Love it! I am sure after our cruise on the Magic I will be ready to try the Wonder! Have a great trip and don't drive yourself crazy playing the "waiting game!"

I sailed on the Wonder waaaaayyyyyy back in 2000 on the Halloween cruise. It was a family cruise through the Children's Wish Foundation, so I have a lot of great memories of the trip (and a slight DCL addiction...lol) and I know a lot has changed since then, but I remember on Halloween night, all the crew were dressed as 101 Dalmatians. They even had the statue of Ariel wrapped in spotted dalmatian fabric, and I thought was absolutely great that Ariel got in on the Halloween festivities, too!

I sailed on the Wonder several times before the Dream took over the 3/4 night route from PC and we sailed the Wonder from PC last year when she was there.

Some older fun memories include karaoke in the Route 66 area.

Our last trip we decided we loved Tiana's Place!

We've sailed all of the ships, but the Wonder seemed to be the most intimate/friendly of all of the ships. We definitely made the most connections with other cruisers and cast members. It was our first time sailing on one of the classic ships after only sailing the big ones. I fell in love with the intimacy, ease, and just the general more relaxed feeling on the Wonder. My daughter was also invited to a special meet and greet on the last night that was absolutely fabulous! I can't wait to sail the Wonder again next May to Alaska.

The Magic was my favorite ship for a long time, but after spending an Alaska cruise, and 2 Hawaii cruises on her, as well as a shorter cruise WAY back, I do think the Wonder has taken 1st place in my heart by a smidge. As others have said, I love the intimacy of the classic DCL ships, their timeless elegance, and I have found the crew to be outstanding each time (not that I haven't experienced that on the other 2 DCL ships I've been on thus far. Will be doing the Fantasy for the 1st time in a few weeks!).

I love the Cadillac Lounge and the sports pub. I love Triton's. Love the elevators that glide by the cute murals on the walls. Love the feel of the atrium much better than the cavernous one on the Dream. I love how well DCL has cared for their "grand dames". I have had crew members and officers remember me from previous cruises while on the Wonder. What can I say? The Wonder really IS Wonder-full! Have a fabulous time planning your cruise!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter