Your favorite part about Christmas in Disney?

Ladyandthepuppies

DIS Veteran
I'm 98% sure we're going to take our daughter (she'll be 5) and son (he'll be 2.5) to Disney the 2nd week of December. I am a little nervous about the cost since we weren't planning on a DW trip this year but I really want to see the decorations. I lost my mom & nana around Thanksgiving 5 years ago and ever since then I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. But we did MNSSHP in early Sept last year and I was in a Halloween mood for two months! I am hoping MVMCP and seeing all the decorations and just quality time with my family experiencing the magic will help me to really get immersed in the joy of Christmas. A part of me is still hesitating though... so help convince me! What is your favorite part of Disney at Christmas?

I'm 98% sure we're going to take our daughter (she'll be 5) and son (he'll be 2.5) to Disney the 2nd week of December. I am a little nervous about the cost since we weren't planning on a DW trip this year but I really want to see the decorations. I lost my mom & nana around Thanksgiving 5 years ago and ever since then I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. But we did MNSSHP in early Sept last year and I was in a Halloween mood for two months! I am hoping MVMCP and seeing all the decorations and just quality time with my family experiencing the magic will help me to really get immersed in the joy of Christmas. A part of me is still hesitating though... so help convince me! What is your favorite part of Disney at Christmas?
The decorations are lovely. It's very festive.

The Christmas parade. Seeing it in person is so different from the special they air on TV. The reindeer and toy soldiers are fantastic!

We went on Christmas afternoon and stayed for 4 days. It was AMAZING. Ditto what everyone else said above. Having been to Disney a number of times as a child/teen and adult before kids, NO ONE does Christmas like Disney does. Personally, I loved the landscaping, and the seasonal treats.

Christmas is my favorite time at Disney!! You’ll love it. It makes the whole place even more magical!!

This is my favorite time to be in Disney. The resorts are decorated and there is music playign softly everywhere. For my family, this is a slower kind of trip, more leisurely than any other season, becuase we truly do stop to take in the atmosphere. WIth young ones, I would book whatever resort fits your budget, ( I love POFQ during the Christmas season) and then make a serious plan ahead of time so I don't miss the must see "attractions" throughout the World. For instance, I would be sure to plan an evening in Fort Wilderness and take the wagon ride around the Fort to see all the decorated campsites. This could be your Magic kingdom resort hopping afternoon/evening. Start at the Poly and make the rounds to the GRand to check out teh GIngerbread house. Look for hidden Mickeys, and enjoy that lobby, head over to the CR and see that display, and then take the boat to WIlderness Lodge. From there dinner in the campground and the "tour"

You can spend time wandering around the Epcot resorts, and plan a good deal of time in the World Showcase. There are storytellers in most countries, and the kids love them.

Magic Kingdom is stunning! I love the People Mover after dark. The glimpses of teh Castle drippin in Holiday finery make the evening!

I book a FP for the Jungle Cruise. It is histerical and is one of teh only times you will seee a Holiday layover in WDW. It is funny!

I am not sure your family woudl want teh Christmas Party, but if you do, that is whee you see the special parade. If not, plan dinner outside of the park at a monorail resort an dthen mosey on down to the beach to watch teh christmas fireworks display. It is pretty.

I am no longer a fan of Downtown Disney....Disney Springs is way to not Disney for me, however there is a Christmas Tree Trail you might like, and the decorations are very pretty.

I cannot speak to DHS any more, it has been a while since I spent time there during the Holiday, but I think it is the best time to visit Animal Kingdom. The tree is awesome, as are the decorations throughout the park. And it is not HOT!!!

We find that the Holiday trips keep our enery in check. We plan to see the decorations, and in doing so we are not running from attractin to attraction, and end up leaving WDW at least as relaxed as we arrived, and many times more so.

Christmas at Disney is so worth it. For me it is just standing on Main Street after dark in the midst of all the lights! Priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts