Your Favorite possessions as a child?

My cheap pot metal VW Bug toy car. My mom paid 10 cents for it new and the toy store, and I played with it for hours at a time for years as a kid. Like this in the photo.
Vintage-Lot-of-3-Tootsie-Toy-VW-Bug.jpg

My Madame Alexander 26 inch Huggums and matching 12 inch Baby Huggums dolls. They both had blonde hair and the same pale blue, drop seat sleepers. I still have them somewhere!

I had a super sized tri cycle that my dad bought while we were over seas.

My collection of Barbie s and accessories.

My purple bike with the sissy handlebars and banana seat until I killed it with too many Evel Knevel stunts.

By usage, my bicycle. I used it more each year than any other item, and for many years, while other items came and went.

My Barbies......and all the clothes my aunt made (she entered a contest with them, won, gave all the clothes and the Barbie she used as her model to me).
Plus all the others I already had
My bike
My baby dolls

Chinese Jacks- Loved all those colored rings. It was kind of like the Slime thing here a couple years ago, other kids would pay you to come up with color combos for them.

My Swatch- My Dad picked it out. Black “velvet” wrist band with the primary colors divided into four on the face and then again on the disk that was the second hand so that it would change colors as it turned. Still one of my most prized possessions.

My “portable” 8-Track player and all the tunes I played on it over and over.

My moccasin boots- the only gift I got for Christmas that year and I know my parents scraped to get them. Wore those things until they couldn’t be worn anymore.

My blanket. I called it Dee-dee. No idea why, cannot remember??
Slept with my Dee-dee waaaaaaay longer than I care to admit!

When I was a teen, my stereo. Don't really remember having a favorite anything when I was younger.

My Barbie/Ken dolls, their house, and especially the clothes my Aunt Ada made for them. Oh, I appreciated them when I was a kid, but even more as an adult. She lived in Chicago and came every autumn to visit our family (her husband had died before I was born, he was my Grandma's brother) and every year she brought lots of new clothes she had made for my dolls. The Barbie dress I cherish most is one she made from one of my Uncle Paul's handkerchiefs.

My records/record player, and my bike too.

When I was younger, I treasured my little stuffed bear-like doll. It was furry but had a plastic face. I called him Mungo. He is in my cedar chest.

As a really little kid it would have been my Drowsy doll. When I got a little older it was my Easy-Bake Oven. As a ‘tween, definitely my record player (stereo is too grand a word), my Bay City Rollers posters and my ever-present big fat tube of Creme Soda flavoured Lip Smacker. puckerup:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter