Your favorites for decor and ambience

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
What restaurants do love for the "feel" or look or theme? I know Sci-fi is kind of a given for this but anywhere else?

I'm excited about the food on our upcoming trip but what I'm most excited about is eating at places that knock my socks off for other reasons. The decorations, the uniqueness or the shtick.

What are your favorites and why?

Restaurant Marrakesh - beautiful inside, good food and live entertainment.
Love the look and food at Jiko.
Il Mulino was sleek and modern.
Sci Fi is a given. 50's Prime time has a great look and feel. The shtick is hit or miss depending on the waitstaff.
BoG in the smaller rooms, not a big fan of the food, but have not tried the new menu.

50’s PTC, Liberty Tree Tavern, BOG dinner, Tony’s, Chefs, Coral Reef, and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Both Mexican Restaurants in EPCOT, BOG, Sanaa, SciFi, 50s Prime Time, Liberty Tree, Jungle Navigators' Skippers Canteen, Yak & Yeti, Frontera Cocina, Boathouse, T-Rex, and Rainforest.

San Angel Inn at Epcot, Sci-Fi at HS, Hollywood Brown Derby at HS, BOG are the handful of places I can think of.

Ohana - Poly - I love the kitshy 70s Hawaiian fee.
GF Cafe - GF - I love how bright this location is - so Victorian as well.
Le Cellier - EP - so homey feeling.

BOG is one of my favorites. I love sitting in the ballroom against the wall opposite the big windows. I just lean back in my chair and take in the whole breathtaking scene...
50's is just super cute.
Tony's, loved it in there. Lady and the Tramp was my first Disney love, so it's special that way (just wish the food was a bit better).

Flying Fish is pretty inside.

Skipper Canteen was very fun.

Morimoto (especially at night) is gorgeous inside.

Nomad Lounge at Animal Kingdom (Lounge off of Tiffins) is great! Sitting on the veranda with some wine and small bites was one of our favorite parts of last trip.

:)

Sanaa and Cali Grill are my top 2.

My fam loves Biergarten but I am over it. If it were less crazy busy, it would be on my list.

San Angel Inn but we have only been once. Coral Reef and Sci-Fi but the food and service isn't always that great.

Trader Sam's, TOTWL, Nomad Lounge and Abbracadabbar for lounges.

I'll recommend on the places that have outside dining with good decor and ambience.
Nomad Lounge outside...inside too for that matter.
Geyser Point Bar and Grill at Wilderness Lodge.
Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar.
The outdoor lounge at The Boathouse.

AK--Tiffins--beautiful wall decorations and ambience
EP--La Hacienda at night by windows facing water
HS--Brown Derby, great ambience
AKL-- all 3 sitdowns---BOMA, Jiko, and even Sanaa are beautifully decorated
CR--California Grill, can't beat that view
GF--Narcoosees, love the ambience at night by the water
POLY--Sam's, great decor
WL--Geyser Point Grill--sitting by the water with a drink any time of day or night!

Afternoon Tea
Garden View Tea Room
Grand Floridian Resort
3pm (sometimes music can be heard from the Resort Lobby).
348s.jpg

ls.jpg

A bit pricey, but a nice relaxing atmosphere.
The natural lighting and outdoor gardens are beautiful.

P.S.
I do miss the table cloths and old style china they had.
P.S.S.
I would love it if they added some variety to the scones,,
maybe Lemon Lavender scones,strawberry scones,blueberry scones and Lemon Cranberry scones etc.Maybe deviled eggs,crumpets,,floral mini cupcakes.

Regards
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter