Your favourite things to do/see in the parks? (not rides)

singsweetnightingale

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

I'm back to DLP on Monday, last time was my first ever trip to DLP and we mainly focused on the rides, I didn't even get a single snack!! so I want to know - what are some little things that are your favourite things to do in the park? Places to grab a tasty snack? Things to see? Even just a nice place to sit and chill? Anything I might have missed last time when I was stuck in the summer queues! :lmao:

Anything to get me more excited for Monday! Not that it takes much! :rotfl:

I love to sit down next to Pocahontas village and just sit while kids play. it's sooooo relaxing, such a great break from all the rides. also I love getting an ice cream in fantasia Gellati and finding a spot in the park, usually next to It's a small world and just enjoy the moment. and I do enjoy waiting for the parades, I just pick a spot, sit down and scroll the photos we did that day. Kids love to relive that days moments.

I'd try and spend some time just walking around the part and taking in the little details. This site provides lots of information about the hidden mickeys and other things you can find.

http://www.hiddendlrp.com/

Did you see the dragon under the castle last time and the stained glass windows upstairs? How about the Nautilus submarine walk through?

Food-wise, I love the Churros from Fuente del Oro. I'm also determined to have a cocktail (or two) at the bars in the various hotels, starting with the DLH!

Also, breakfast at Inventions is a must for me too.

Sitting-wise, I think there's a nice bench tucked away somewhere around Thunder Mesa, near BTM, that overlooks the water.

Hope that helps!

It's my third trip and this time I will have cocktails in one of DLP hotels or bars. I gave a promise to myself. Never found time before

my favourite quiet sit-and-watch-the-world-go-by spot is in Frontierland, near the riverboat departure point and opposite the Last Chance Cafe. There are benches and tables/chairs there, you're looking out across the lake and straight across to BTM.

There are loads of benches everywhere if you look for them, all over both parks :).

I can't think of any particular snack we do at DLP, but if you haven't done the shows yet, do them! We love Cinemagique, Animagique and Stitch Live in the Studios, Art of Animation is worth a look, and the end room of this attraction has some great interactive sound and vision games to play. Lots of great Disney art to look at too.

If you have time and you like Disney details, do a guided tour of the park - a fascinating way to spend a couple of hours (you will have to organise this at City Hall as far in advance as you can though, as its subject to availability/language preference etc).

Oh, and if you haven't followed the undercover walkway all the way from the entrance to the park up to the back of Adventureland/Fantasyland, do that too - its cool!

I love to sit down next to Pocahontas village and just sit while kids play. it's sooooo relaxing, such a great break from all the rides. also I love getting an ice cream in fantasia Gellati and finding a spot in the park, usually next to It's a small world and just enjoy the moment. and I do enjoy waiting for the parades, I just pick a spot, sit down and scroll the photos we did that day. Kids love to relive that days moments.

Ooh I didn't see that last time. I hope it's not too cold for an ice cream because that sounds really nice! I was thinking of just picking a spot for parades and dreams and just chilling for a while. I even loaded up my Kindle for the purpose! :thumbsup2

I'd try and spend some time just walking around the part and taking in the little details. This site provides lots of information about the hidden mickeys and other things you can find.

http://www.hiddendlrp.com/

Did you see the dragon under the castle last time and the stained glass windows upstairs? How about the Nautilus submarine walk through?

Food-wise, I love the Churros from Fuente del Oro. I'm also determined to have a cocktail (or two) at the bars in the various hotels, starting with the DLH!

Also, breakfast at Inventions is a must for me too.

Sitting-wise, I think there's a nice bench tucked away somewhere around Thunder Mesa, near BTM, that overlooks the water.

Hope that helps!

Ooh! Thanks for the link! I'd love that.

I didn't see the dragon! It's definitely on my list of things to do though! I never caught Nautilus open last time, so fingers crossed on that front.

I've never tried churros, are they nice? (silly question :lmao:) Cocktails for me too, I'm getting excited at the thought of reading and having a cocktail in the evening. I had the dinner in Inventions last time, so breakfast might be fun to try out!

It helps a lot, thank you so much! :lovestruc

It's my third trip and this time I will have cocktails in one of DLP hotels or bars. I gave a promise to myself. Never found time before

I only found time for one cocktail last time! And it was my birthday! :scared1: Planning on my glowtini's next week! I'll need to make up for lost time! :lmao:

my favourite quiet sit-and-watch-the-world-go-by spot is in Frontierland, near the riverboat departure point and opposite the Last Chance Cafe. There are benches and tables/chairs there, you're looking out across the lake and straight across to BTM.

There are loads of benches everywhere if you look for them, all over both parks :).

I can't think of any particular snack we do at DLP, but if you haven't done the shows yet, do them! We love Cinemagique, Animagique and Stitch Live in the Studios, Art of Animation is worth a look, and the end room of this attraction has some great interactive sound and vision games to play. Lots of great Disney art to look at too.

If you have time and you like Disney details, do a guided tour of the park - a fascinating way to spend a couple of hours (you will have to organise this at City Hall as far in advance as you can though, as its subject to availability/language preference etc).

Oh, and if you haven't followed the undercover walkway all the way from the entrance to the park up to the back of Adventureland/Fantasyland, do that too - its cool!

I sat there to give my feet a nice rest last time, it is lovely!

I only managed Cinemagique last time, but it broke down half way though and we had to leave :lmao: definitely need to go see it again!

I was wondering about the tour, is it worth it? I'd love to learn more about the park. Ooh I haven't! I'll have a look at that too!!

Thank you so much everyone :lovestruc I'm so so excited, I never got to go as a kid but I feel just like one now :banana:

There was a TR about tour, I remember reviews were great.

I love the parades and Animagique. :)

Also love to grab a drink/snack and people watch. Frontierland is a lovely place to sit for 15 minutes. :)

My favourite part of the park is Main Street. I just love wandering slowly and taking it all in. Reading the windows and signs and noticing little details. :)

Have a wonderful trip! Xxx

I think it was Linda67 who has done a couple of solo trip reports, one of which included the tours. Definitely worth reading - they spurred me on to my book our child-free trip!

I love to sit down next to Pocahontas village and just sit while kids play. it's sooooo relaxing

Agree....although it may be closed this time of year.

Would also recommend:

- A good look through the Liberty and Discovery arcades. The Liberty arcade is home to the Liberty Tableaux, pictures and models of the famous Statue. The Discovery arcade is full of glass display cabinets showing genuine models of various wacky inventions, and posters showing how visionaries of the past imagined the future.

- Cinemagique :cloud9:

- Spending some time in the Videopolis watching the films

- As Elaine said, using the covered walkway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sE6cwBOdJU

- A ride around the park in the train

As suggested above there are usually lots of benches around. However, many of them seemed to have disappeared over Christmas (hopefully just for a refurb :confused3), so let us know if they've been put back!

In March 2011 and 2012 they were showing the same ones.

There was a TR about tour, I remember reviews were great.

Thanks Isila! I'll go and see if I can find it! :)

I love the parades and Animagique. :)

Also love to grab a drink/snack and people watch. Frontierland is a lovely place to sit for 15 minutes. :)

My favourite part of the park is Main Street. I just love wandering slowly and taking it all in. Reading the windows and signs and noticing little details. :)

Have a wonderful trip! Xxx

Animagique won't be open, unfortunately. I was looking forward to it, but c'est la vie!

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried when I first wandered down main street! Married Life from UP was playing, the sun was shining, it was just perfect!

Thank you Torsi! Can I just say your wedding TR was so beautiful! Congratulations! :lovestruc I'd love to get married in WDW!

I think it was Linda67 who has done a couple of solo trip reports, one of which included the tours. Definitely worth reading - they spurred me on to my book our child-free trip!

Me too! I loved her trip reports, it was what convinced me to book my solo trip! I'm a bit worried 4 night by myself will be too much though :confused3 not for Disney though, I could never get enough, just to be by myself!

Agree....although it may be closed this time of year.

Would also recommend:

- A good look through the Liberty and Discovery arcades. The Liberty arcade is home to the Liberty Tableaux, pictures and models of the famous Statue. The Discovery arcade is full of glass display cabinets showing genuine models of various wacky inventions, and posters showing how visionaries of the past imagined the future.

- Cinemagique :cloud9:

- Spending some time in the Videopolis watching the films

- As Elaine said, using the covered walkway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sE6cwBOdJU

- A ride around the park in the train

As suggested above there are usually lots of benches around. However, many of them seemed to have disappeared over Christmas (hopefully just for a refurb :confused3), so let us know if they've been put back!

Ooh good idea, I missed Liberty Arcade last time but Discovery Arcade was beautiful.

What kind of films do they show in Videopolis?

The covered walkway is definitely something I'll do! How cool.

I'll let you know about the benches! I love people watching, sitting on a beach with a hot chocolate sounds like heaven to me!

Heres the link to the guided tours thread -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1719651&page=2

Its in the Very Useful Information sticky at the top of the forum - under "Fun" (the Cocktail thread is also there ;)).

Thanks hun :thumbsup2

Hello all

I've done both the studios and DLP tours and can highly recommend them :)

Links to my TRs are below

Not long until my next solo trip :)

Hello all

I've done both the studios and DLP tours and can highly recommend them :)

Links to my TRs are below

Not long until my next solo trip :)

Without wanting to sound creepy, your TRs are my favourite :rotfl:

I think they are what convinced me to book my solo trip!

I do like the sound of the tours, I think I might do one!

I was thinking of just picking a spot for parades and dreams and just chilling for a while. I even loaded up my Kindle for the purpose! :thumbsup2

We often go when it's very cold and nothing beats getting a lovely big hot chocolate to have while waiting for the parade!:coffee:

A good thread:

My favourite once are the quite corners. The ones which are not the big "highlights" for most of the people.

I love the Arcades and I feel completly in another world when entering them. I do not know why but they are always a place to slow down. And the Statue of Liberty scene not to mention !

Then I was always fascinated about the camera at the "Art of Animation" waiting area in the Studios. I often stand infront of it, thinking about that all of these fantastic films were made with this one and I can feel the magic at once.

For a walking attraction i love the Nautilus. I guess its one of the best themed attraction in the hole park.

There are so many small corners or hidden areas where I like to be and that is why we love Disneyland.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter