Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

Hi, Does anyone know what enviroscent Disney uses/used for the Polynesian Lobby? Looking to buy for a christmas gift!!

We were just at WDW over the Thanksgiving week. One of my favorite things to do at WDW is to visit the Poly. I've never actually stayed there but have always wanted to do so. I make a point of visiting the Poly during every trip just because it is so relaxing and peaceful. I truly enjoy the the tropical environment!

Anyway, to your question. I asked the same thing of CMs while visiting the Poly this past trip. I was told that they don't actually pump any scents into the lobby. According to them, the smell is natural from all the flowers/plants they have in the lobby. Don't know if that's tru or not, but that's what I was told. If anyone finds out differently, and it IS a scent they pump in, please post here. I'd like to get that scent for my home, too!

I can't quite put my finger on it....but the men's cologne by Lacoste, the white bottle (can't think of actual name but it is the one sold in the white bottle), partially reminds me of lobby of Beach Club or of the Disney Hotel lobbies in general???

Old Spice Komodo Body wash = smells just like Norway.:laughing: Not like Trolls or Vikings....more like the smell of the gift shop.

Now to be fair..and to prove I am not completely nuts (ok..maybe that ship has sailed :boat:) - I put it in the shower and didn't say anything. My DD9 was taking her shower tonight and said "OMG! This stuff smells just like Norway!!!"... so if you need a *Disney Smell Fix* - check it out. ;)

Here is an un-offical DISNEY SMELL list for those of you needed a WDW fix.

Old Spice Komodo Body Wash - Norway/Laila
Target bathrooms - various WDW bathrooms (clean only) - and Soarin
Citrus Mist air freshner - Soarin
Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Be our guest scene from Philarmagic
Loreal Vive Shampoo in the gold bottle - Florida/WDW smell
Glade Christmas Pine - Soarin
L'Oreal Ever Pure with rosemary and juniper shampoo - GF Lobby
Gardenias - Poly
Yankee Candle- Beachwalk candle -ocean scene from Soarin
Yankee Candle - Sun and San - Yacht Club
Glade Apple Spice Air freshner - floating pie from Philharmagic
Bath and Body Worlds Seaside Escape - BC lobby
Burning leaves/woodburning stove - Flame Tree BBQ (be sure to get a permit please)
Elephant cages and or Band Aids - monorail (do what you will with this one)
D & G Light Blue cologne - Soarin beach scene
Yankee Candle Winter Wonderland - Soarin skier scene - piney, wintery and crisp
Bath and Body Works Tropical Spice - Disney resort TBD
Paula Deen Pecan Pie candle - Main St.
Bath and Body Works Sea Breeze cotton - Norway
Clean and Clear morning burst face wash - Soarin orange.
Aloe and Green Clover - Enviroscent - BC lobby
Lush Cosmetics - Soak and Float solid shampoo - burning Rome scene from Space Ship Earth (for those who want to be smokey)
Fabreeze Lavender & Comfort - BC lobby
Rainkissed Leaves and Dancing Waters from B&BW - scenes from Soarin
Oscare Meyer pre-cooked bacon - AKL (yum! - hehehe)
Ocean mens line from B&BW - Soarin
Targets new candle - Sweet Spun Sugar - candy stores in the World.
Soft Soap - Deep Cleaning Sea Mineral Soap - BLT
Sun Inn Hair lightener - AKL
B&BW Sparkling Icicles - Soarin

will keep updated...! (updates 1/30/13)

I love this so much!! My husband thinks I'm NUTS because I'm always smelling SOMEthing that reminds me of Disney lol! I love this list! Awesome:)

Glade "Hawaiin Breeze" smells like the Disney Restrooms (in a good way lol)!
046500733338lg.jpg

This might be a longshot, but does anyone know what the smell is in the Art of Animation lobby, or an equivalent lotion/candle/scent/etc? I'm going CRAZY trying to find it. It's a sort of fresh fruit/candy smell that I absolutely loved! Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

This might be a longshot, but does anyone know what the smell is in the Art of Animation lobby, or an equivalent lotion/candle/scent/etc? I'm going CRAZY trying to find it. It's a sort of fresh fruit/candy smell that I absolutely loved! Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

It smells very much like the Island Margarita candle at Bath & Body Works! :)

It smells very much like the Island Margarita candle at Bath & Body Works! :)

You know, I went to Bath and Body Works during my lunch break today and can confirm that you are absolutely RIGHT! I'm in nostalgia heaven. Thanks so much!

You know, I went to Bath and Body Works during my lunch break today and can confirm that you are absolutely RIGHT! I'm in nostalgia heaven. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the confirmation! My dd happened to buy me that candle right before our trip. We were sitting in the AoA lobby, and we both agree that the lobby smells like that candle! LOL

I was looking for something to tell me what Art of animation smelled like and I saw this and was like oh my word I have that candle on the table in the living room.. Went to get it and yes it does smell like it.. Not exactly but close enough to make you go oh man I want to go back to Disney!!

I can't remember if anyone posted this previously, but Anthology has a list of candles on Etsy that have Disney smells!!

I can't remember if anyone posted this previously, but Anthology has a list of candles on Etsy that have Disney smells!!
Does anyone know what the scent is at Port Orleans French Quarter and the scent the resorts use at Christmas? Going crazy trying to find out!

I know this is a little different, but over the holidays I had some Jelly Belly Champagne flavored jelly beans that tasted like the popping champagne bottles in Philharmagic smell. It was a strange sensation.

Does anyone know what the scent is at Port Orleans French Quarter and the scent the resorts use at Christmas? Going crazy trying to find out!
Sorry t
Sorry this reply is so late! I was walking through Target in December and caught a whif of something and it smelled just like the Christmas Shoppe at Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom! I backed my shopping g cart up and found a display of Glade candles; it was the Apple Cinnamon scent! I usually hate anything "cinnamon-y" but this smelled just like Christmas at Disney!

IMG_0899.jpg
I got these for Christmas, and I LOVE that my SIL knows me so well to get them for me, but for this Thread sadly they do not smell anything like what they represent. The Pineapple Whip however DOES smell pretty darn close to a Dole Whip though:thumbsup2

FYI - ScentAir teamed up with Yankee Candle in 2008. They started manufacturing Yankee candle scents for commercial use. So all of the posts about Yankee Candle being "spot on", you got it!

Here's a list of the Yankee Candle scents used in the ScentAir systems.
I recognize a few names from the posts

YANKEE CANDLE
Mandarin Cranberry
Buttercream
Balsam & Cedar
Lilac Blossoms
Pacific Coconut
Midsummer's Night
Macintosh
Breeze
Sun & Sand
Garden Sweet Pea
Clean Cotton
Sparkling Cinnamon
Black Cherry
Christmas Cookie
Beach Walk
Lemon Lavender
Vanilla Cupcake
Spiced Pumpkin
Honeydew Melon
Mistletoe
Sage & Citrus
Vanilla Lime

Last edited:
I was at Bath and Body with my kids checking out all the scents when my daughter opened a tub of African Xeminia scrub and exclaimed that it smells just like Disney's Polynesian lobby - my son and I both checked it out and I agreed - I wish they had a candle:)

Here's a list of the Yankee Candle scents used in the ScentAir systems.
I recognize a few names from the posts

YANKEE CANDLE
Mandarin Cranberry
Buttercream
Balsam & Cedar
Lilac Blossoms
Pacific Coconut
Midsummer's Night
Macintosh
Breeze
Sun & Sand
Garden Sweet Pea
Clean Cotton
Sparkling Cinnamon
Black Cherry
Christmas Cookie
Beach Walk
Lemon Lavender
Vanilla Cupcake
Spiced Pumpkin
Honeydew Melon
Mistletoe
Sage & Citrus
Vanilla Lime
But which go with what location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter