Your honest advice please

Dani C

DIS Veteran
How do you help someone accept that a loved one cannot return home again (nursing home as a result of multiple strokes, mental retardation, need for feeding tube, etc.) and is not is danger of abuse and/or neglect if she is not there around the clock? I worry for the health (physical, emotional and psychological) or this person. All accounts are that the person is being cared for appropriately in this facility.

All I can do is give you hugs and chocolates and tell you thtat for me I just had no choice. Everyday I drug myself to the nursing home and my pastor stopped by also. I kept a close eye on her and prayed and locked it in a box when I went home so I could live me life. I honestly do not know what to tell you but that you have hugs and prayers and warm wishes anytime you wish.

Hugs and chocolates
Laurie:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What to say...I send you strength, hope and faith. My grandparents were married 62 years when my grandfather went into a nursing home. It was devestating for me and my family. But knowing that he was being cared for and watched 24/7 was some peace of mind. It is so hard to care for someone at home and still care for yourself. And don't feel guilty about wanting "a life". There are several books out about "caring for the caregiver" that may help ease the mental struggle caring for people not being able to return "home". I hope this helps. And oh yes...chocolate helps too.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter